Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/21/18 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
She’s a butt hurt whiner who doesn’t want to be there because the Lynx are getting their rings. Typical Parker. As usual, she’s all about me me me and doesn’t give a fuck about her team. I don’t buy the back pain shit at all. A dentist appointment would have been a better excuse.

Actually the dog ate her sneakers.
Laughing Laughing Thats better than the dentist appointment I wouldnt want to be concern about LA tanking

toad455

PostPosted: 05/21/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks should have really brought back Jensen instead of Samuelson.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/22/18 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Bass would surely have been the first choice given Agler's preference for vets. Also Samuelson appeared to be ahead of Wiese in the rotation on Sunday despite them being pretty much the same size. Makes you wonder why they kept Wiese over her in the first place.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I think Agler was just looking to go 1-2 in these first three games before the outlook got a lot better for them. Now he’s probably delighted at the thought that they may go 2-1... with one post player.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know when JLav will be beack?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler is Mr tricky, I was at the Pasadena Game and he played Samuelson at the 4 in that game. He clearly had an inkling about Parker as she only played the first half and looked out of sorts. Well what do ya know he pulled it out at Minny. Gotta give Mr Tricky his due.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:

Turkish playoffs are over, so whenever she jumps on a flight. From her perspective I could see it both ways - you obviously want at least a brief rest after a long overseas season, but there are a lot of minutes available in the post in LA right now. If she's a bit sick of playing the 15mpg third-wheel behind Parker and Nneka, getting back quickly and taking advantage would be the move to make.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Won't make any difference as Nneka and CP are franchise.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:

Turkish playoffs are over, so whenever she jumps on a flight. From her perspective I could see it both ways - you obviously want at least a brief rest after a long overseas season, but there are a lot of minutes available in the post in LA right now. If she's a bit sick of playing the 15mpg third-wheel behind Parker and Nneka, getting back quickly and taking advantage would be the move to make.

Definitely not tonight, but I see Lavender being available by Thursday if she wants. Or she could opt not to be available until the Sparks are home again, and that's not until May 27.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Or she could opt not to be available until the Sparks are home again, and that's not until May 27.

Geez, how unreasonable. That’s a whole 5 days away.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Agler is Mr tricky, I was at the Pasadena Game and he played Samuelson at the 4 in that game. He clearly had an inkling about Parker as she only played the first half and looked out of sorts. Well what do ya know he pulled it out at Minny. Gotta give Mr Tricky his due.

Wouldn’t necessarily have to be about Parker. They are down Lavender and Vadeeva as it were, so plenty of room for tall guards to step up.

But the thought of Samuelson playing in the post is pretty funny, maybe even more funny than Coleman doing so.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thats assuming that was the reason. I just think it worked out that way Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/22/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else foresee Weise probably Being cut in favor of Samuelson? The minutes distribution has been my indicator. Karlie with 14 mins today vs Weise playing only two mins in todays game.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anyone else foresee Weise probably Being cut in favor of Samuelson? The minutes distribution has been my indicator. Karlie with 14 mins today vs Weise playing only two mins in todays game.

Yes

toad455

PostPosted: 05/22/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

It's also the factor of Samuelson being able to play PF. But yes, all signs point towards Wiese getting cut soon.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
She’s a butt hurt whiner who doesn’t want to be there because the Lynx are getting their rings. Typical Parker. As usual, she’s all about me me me and doesn’t give a fuck about her team. I don’t buy the back pain shit at all. A dentist appointment would have been a better excuse.

Two seasons ago home court advantage in the playoffs came down to one game I believe. Every game and series is important. If you think Candace would risk starting the season with a loss to the defending champ by faking an injury then you don’t know her at all. Especially for a silly reason like not seeing them get their rings. No way.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/22/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given that Samuelson was signed with a hardship exception, I don't think they're allowed to just keep her and cut someone else. Once they're no longer eligible for the exception, she has to be released. They can obviously then cut Wiese and re-sign Samuelson instead as a normal rostered player, but I believe they would have to follow that more complicated process.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Given that Samuelson was signed with a hardship exception, I don't think they're allowed to just keep her and cut someone else. Once they're no longer eligible for the exception, she has to be released. They can obviously then cut Wiese and re-sign Samuelson instead as a normal rostered player, but I believe they would have to follow that more complicated process.

Why would they have needed a hardship exception? They had two open roster spots. Even now they only have 10 active players, despite the CBA mandating a minimum of 11.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They would've needed an exception of some description because they're presumably too tight to the salary cap to be able to sign another player and stay under it ('temporarily suspended' players aren't getting paid, but their figure still counts on the cap). I don't have all the numbers for this season yet, but I would presume that's where the differences we saw on the final cuts arose. Vegas had cap room for days, so they could suspend three players and keep 12, staying under the cap while counting all 15; New York and LA, on the other hand, had to cut enough players to get under the cap with 11 or 12, then apply for exceptions to add extra players.

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By providing Karlie with playing time, Brian is actually doing her a favor by allowing other teams to have WNBA video on her game. Maybe someone later selects her as a bench player providing long range scoring.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
By providing Karlie with playing time, Brian is actually doing her a favor by allowing other teams to have WNBA video on her game. Maybe someone later selects her as a bench player providing long range scoring.

Good point. Despite conventional wisdom suggesting otherwise, I still think Wiese sticks. I think Samuelson is a Band-Aid solution in light of Parker's injury, and Lavender and Vadeeva being late. Granted, I wasn't expecting much from Samuelson, but she has been better than what I expected.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/23/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like LA's guard play in the first games without Candace bringing it up. Maybe when she returns she can relinquish that duty to Sims and Gray for good. Doesn't mean she can't be Nneka quarterback in the half court for their steller hi-lo game. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 05/27/18 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shouldn’t the Sparks be releasing somebody by now?

jap

PostPosted: 05/27/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I really like LA's guard play in the first games without Candace bringing it up. Maybe when she returns she can relinquish that duty to Sims and Gray for good. Doesn't mean she can't be Nneka quarterback in the half court for their steller hi-lo game. Wink

. . . but, but, but Ace looks so spectacular when she is driving the ball upcourt---especially when she heaves accurate strikes the length of the floor to an open teammate (usually, her high-low partner, Nneka) for an easy deuce. She's really unique. I don't care how versatile pundits may claim Elena & Breanna are; they simply do not possess CP3's handle.

PostPosted: 05/27/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget all those fantastic times when she dribbles behind her back on the break, too. We'll ignore that 98% of the time she turns the ball over within the next two dribbles.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

Jump to: