RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trade proposal thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PHX needs Dupree because their roster is a Little too Lyttle, a Lyttle too late in their careers.

Actually, it’s hard to see Dupree back in PHX. The problem they had with her back before they traded her away is likely still there. Will she play for vet minimum and accept a backup role? Then maybe they could talk.

Bonner to IND seems more likely, but I keep hearing about this rebuild in IND that makes this notion unthinkable. But how do you rebuild with table scraps? Three picks in the top 14 of this draft and the results are less than stunning so far.

It very much so is.....

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon - quit hating on Indy. Look how long the Shock were in the lottery in Tulsa, before becoming the team they are now. Look how long the Sky spent in the lottery before finally making it to the finals. For that matter - look how long the Lynx were as bad as Space-X thinks they are now. You expect Indy to show results after one game?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
C'mon - quit hating on Indy. Look how long the Shock were in the lottery in Tulsa, before becoming the team they are now. Look how long the Sky spent in the lottery before finally making it to the finals. For that matter - look how long the Lynx were as bad as Space-X thinks they are now. You expect Indy to show results after one game?

The Merc missed the playoffs six straight years before getting it together in 2007

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

The Merc missed the playoffs six straight years before getting it together in 2007

And lest we forget, the Mercury missed the playoffs in 2012 (2013 lottery), the Sparks were in the lottery in 2008 and 2012, and the Storm in 2015 and 16. Razz The Fever on the other hand, kept on going to the playoffs during all those years trying foolishly to win games......

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/22/18 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Pants wrote:
My money says Dupree is back on Phoenix by August.

Why would they want her? And possibly more important on a team already carrying lots of vets with lots of high salaries, why would they want her contract?

And who on the Phoenix roster (who isn't part of their veteran core) would the Fever want for her?

Given that they dumped Larkins for nothing and appear to be going all-in on the rebuild, I could see Indiana settling for not much.

Maybe, but since Larkins hasn't been signed, it seems like either she didn't want to play just anywhere or that there wasn't a market for her. Neither of those are likely to be true for Dupree, so I am not sure Larkins tells us much that is applicable.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/22/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy dumped
Larkins for nothing
Liberty got
Coleman for free

I want my, I want my, I want my
KA-LAN-NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/22/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didnt the Fever re-sign Dupree to a multiyear contract just recently? I dont think she is going anywhere tbh.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/22/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My theory is when they re-signed Dupree and S. Johnson they were thinking of a fast rebuild. Maybe a trade for Bonner add in the #2 pick, keep January, Coleman and Larkins, and then at some point it became clear they weren't going to get Bonner, they weren't going to pull in any top free agents and they went for a deconstruction by trading January, and waiving Larkins, Pohlen-Mavunga and Coleman, and probably be more than happy to let S. Johnson take as long as she wants to get healthy.

Plan B give K. Mitchell a bunch of minutes to get up to speed by year 2, see if any of the youth takes a step forward by giving Achonwa, Alexanader, T. Mitchell, and Gwathmey decent minutes, while checking out new comers Hind Ben Abdelkader, Vivians and Mavunga. All while trying to win while being OK with losing. I mean even if they try Indy is likely a lottery team especially without big contributions from Dupree and S. Johnson, but add one of the lottery giants from next year (McCowan or Brown), or even if they lose the lottery get a great scorer (Durr, KLS or Ogunbowale) and they'll be better in 19. But probably not the best situation for Dupree unless she like being a mentor. If they get decent progress from any of their young guns their trade value will go up so maybe Bonner would be in play next year if PX needs to manage it cap.

You get a giant, you swap T. Mitchell for Bonner, Shenise comes back healthy, you get Marbery with your #13 pick and everyone progresses it could look a lot better pretty quickly

K. Mitchell/Wheeler/M. Marbery
S. Johnson/Abdelkader
Bonner/Gwathmey/Vivians
Dupree/Achonwa
Brown or McCowan/Alexander/Mavunga

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/22/18 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im not sure Marina MABREY is WNBA ready just yet if the players cut this year are any indication.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There will be a lot nicer pickings than Mabrey at #13. I have her rated at bottom 2nd round, and even that might be too nice.

Her sister went undrafted back in her draft year.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/23/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is better than her sister and will get high profile bounce from another ND deep run, but I also thought why not go with some local flavor for that 12th spot. She'll go somewhere in the 2nd round and I won't be surprised if she makes it to a roster. She'll have to develop as more of a PG at the next level, but she has pro level shooting and enough other intangibles to make it IMO.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/23/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
She'll go somewhere in the 2nd round and I won't be surprised if she makes it to a roster.

I’ll be stunned if she makes a roster. Look at all the beloved college players that went undrafted this year. Next year it gets even more crowded.

J-Spoon wrote:
She'll have to develop as more of a PG at the next level, but she has pro level shooting and enough other intangibles to make it IMO.

She’s not really a PG. She was a last resort solution, kinda like when Tricia Liston played PG for Duke. She’s slow and lumbersome, and not a great playmaker. Poor rebounder for her size. She can hit a three when set up. That’s about the nicest thing I can say about her, but that’s not enough to make a roster.

If ND finds a new solution at PG like a freshman or whatever freebie transfer they get, Mabrey might not even start for ND.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
She'll go somewhere in the 2nd round and I won't be surprised if she makes it to a roster.

I’ll be stunned if she makes a roster. Look at all the beloved college players that went undrafted this year. Next year it gets even more crowded.

J-Spoon wrote:
She'll have to develop as more of a PG at the next level, but she has pro level shooting and enough other intangibles to make it IMO.

She’s not really a PG. She was a last resort solution, kinda like when Tricia Liston played PG for Duke. She’s slow and lumbersome, and not a great playmaker. Poor rebounder for her size. She can hit a three when set up. That’s about the nicest thing I can say about her, but that’s not enough to make a roster.

If ND finds a new solution at PG like a freshman or whatever freebie transfer they get, Mabrey might not even start for ND.

I agree with everything stated here unfortunately besides the Mabrey might not start comment. She will be entering her Senior year coming off a national title that she spearheaded , she will Start regardless.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

Shades

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would SEA trade Canada? They took a big risk on her in the draft, and early on that risk seems to have paid off.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why would SEA trade Canada? They took a big risk on her in the draft, and early on that risk seems to have paid off.

We'll have to see as the season progress

Randy

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada

This would be a better deal for the Dream.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

Yes to the rights of Tokashiki for Imani

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
basketballologist

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said Layshia Clarendon to the Storm because she has proven that she can start in this league. Canada will have to prove to me

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

What do you see in Imani if you dont mind me asking ? Besides her being tall , shes contributed absolutely nothing to this league besides 1 good game 2 years ago. Id rather have Tok , but im not a storm fan so interested to hear your opinion ?

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

What do you see in Imani if you dont mind me asking ? Besides her being tall , shes contributed absolutely nothing to this league besides 1 good game 2 years ago. Id rather have Tok , but im not a storm fan so interested to hear your opinion ?

With Howard coming to the Storm, Tok minutes will drop significantly...

Shades

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
I said Layshia Clarendon to the Storm because she has proven that she can start in this league. Canada will have to prove to me

She didn't start in today's game. Smile

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/23/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

We have too many PF's on this team and the PF's that we already have are all better then Tokashiki defensively and offensively. So i dont see any minutes for her. With Imani i still think that she can do better then what she is showing right now. She needs to bulk up and she needs an attitude check but i think that this team can handle that. We need a tall player pretty bad

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/23/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tokashiki regressed pretty badly, so I could see a swap for someone like McGee-Stafford to see if either can do better on a new team before the league gives up on them in general. So many of IMS's issues on the court are down to her head, and coaches often back themselves to be able to fix things like that.

But no way in hell Seattle give up on Canada already for someone like Clarendon.

PostPosted: 05/23/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Seattle Receive:
G Layshia Clarendon
C Imani McGee-Stafford

Atlanta Receive:
G Jordin Canada
F Ramu Tokashiki

We have too many PF's on this team and the PF's that we already have are all better then Tokashiki defensively and offensively. So i dont see any minutes for her. With Imani i still think that she can do better then what she is showing right now. She needs to bulk up and she needs an attitude check but i think that this team can handle that. We need a tall player pretty bad

Yes i agree with this , Seattle reminds me of my Wings last season .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: