RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 Season Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I won't make any predictions but it will be a interesting season because of new talent,players coming back off season trades that took place.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I thought Shades was the biggest EDD doubter on this board but apparently there's looooooooots of competition for that title

I have an up arrow on Delle Donne this year. She looked kinda beastly in USAB practice and she seems less rigid in interviews (but still on the stupid side). She seems to be enjoying herself more. With Meesseman gone, Delle Donne could personally have a big year if she stays healthy.

But team success is about more than one player. With yet another meh draft from Thibault, I’m thinking they are more of a middling team, although Currie could be a wild card factor. There’s also talk of Hawkins being the most improved player on the team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
UK1996

PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the hardest year to predict since i’ve been following the W. It’s a year in which it could be injuries that send teams into the Lottery. I don’t think there will be much separation from 7-11.

Los Angeles
Minnesota
Connecticut
Dallas
Atlanta
Mercury
Washington
Chicago

Seattle
New York
Los Vegas
Indiana

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know how you guys can make solid predictions without seeing the final rosters. Your Ouija boards must be better than mine. Smile

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
There will be two lottery teams from the previous season that will make the playoffs. There will be two playoff teams from the previous season that will be in the lottery.

As long as Seattle ends up in the lottery, this Lynx fan will be happy Laughing

Be careful what you wish for. Your team might draft another D. Peters or Amber Harris. Very Happy

You mean 2x WNBA Champions Peters and Harris? I’d be okay with that.

PostPosted: 05/04/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
There will be two lottery teams from the previous season that will make the playoffs. There will be two playoff teams from the previous season that will be in the lottery.

Be careful what you wish for. Your team might draft another D. Peters or Amber Harris. Very Happy

Those women were not major contributors for those championships and are not currently on the Lynx roster. Bottoms up, folks! Laughing

PostPosted: 05/04/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Those women were not major contributors for those championships and are not currently on the Lynx roster. Bottoms up, folks! Laughing

You said my team might draft another player like those. Peters was key off the bench in the 2015 finals and hit big shots in game 3. Was kidding about Harris but my point still stands. Getting another player like Peters would be okay to me, and I would also be okay with drafting another player to help the Lynx win 2 more titles.

PostPosted: 05/04/18 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peters asked for a trade. That makes her similar to a typical Chicago player. Wink

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/11/18 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK It's deep enough into the preseason with openers a week away that I feel ready to dive in. Agree the talent quotient is so high this year it's gonna be a dead heat once you pass LA and Minnesota...and even then that gap is closing.

Agree with UK...a key injury may be the decider in many cases. this is gonna be a fun year with many close games.

Los Angeles- Not keen on adding Cappie, who does weigh on teams and can ball hog when you already got Sims...but then again let's see what Agler does with this...She is a veteran there for one last ring...She may just behave and the rest of this team is rock solid.

Minnesota - We saw last year that Whalen is the keystone. Team was normal even with Moore performing at a high level when Whalen missed time. With the clock ticking on that with Whalen also at U. Minnesota. we will see what happens. Age increases chance of injury. This is why I have LA Passing them, the depth players they swapped out for due to FA and cap concerns and Pierson's retirement aren't bad...but the cracks may show. I think they finish 2nd still but closer to the pack than to the sparks

Connecticut - Most defined amount of talent this year aside from the top 2. And if they hit gear and Miller finds a way to balance Chiney and A Thomas I can see them passing Minnesota for 2nd. They have the potential to do so. The fluke factor is always in play and they did fade down the stretch so we shall see tho preseason returns say nay to any players being one year wonders. But this is as 1-12 a great roster as the top 2. Just homegrown and just developing into a force.

Phoenix - Off of last year I could see some picking them 3rd but DT seems to be showing her age as of late, not thilled with the depth factor but any team with Griner is a good team by default. Reintergrating Bonner after the implosion 2 years ago will be interesting. Shocked they did that to be honest. If she keeps her head on straight I think it's 4th by a game. If not, another 2016 except I dunno if there's enough gas in DT to stay above 8th. But I think there's enough click there Brondello's girls hit 4th.

Dallas: The trendy pick indeed...Cambage reinevents the team, this is for sure. When you stick a friend of hers in the front office just to get her over...this is indeed the biggest move of the off season. That said you are dealing with a known flake, and you have a lot of volatility already. Powers doesn't suddenly think she's WWE's Sasha Banks in the middle of their playoff game they likely beat the mystics. That's the type of knucklehead problem I'm talking about. Not sold one iota on Fred but he has built a very good roster. Stevens has looked like she could steam ROY so far but I still have questions and they drafted her as best player left and yes she was way underdrafted but lets see how W minutes add up on her. Diggins will be diggings but I don't see anyone they added adding decipline and without that they'll be that team with the sexy highlight reel plays, and big wow em moments and maybe even a major upset single win...and still land squarely mid table.

New York This is a very tough situation and a tough call. So stick em dead in the middle cuz they can go either way. Coleman and Nurse fill a seriously needed hole at SF and should give some flexability to Zellous. No one's a savior and how bad Prince is injured could have a major impact. That said ive beaten the stat to death but prince and Rodgers together was almost an automatic L last year...spacing out that talent was the key to the 10 game win streak. That said...slow start...do things spiral out of control with fans...can they use the ownership issues as motivation...not a distraction, especially in august when the uncertainity creeps in. WCC could become a powder keg if they don't do well there. And factor in if Boyd comes back and if prince is healthy and woah. These aren't Midwest style rah rah fans...if they're underperforming...you can have a ton of issues in such a small venue. I can see it weighing...but I can also see them taking advantage of the short drive from practice as well and really making it work...still going from 9k a game to a max of 2500 is gonna be felt. How I don't know, so stick them 6th...right square in the middle. Neither poster is wrong to say they go higher or lower.

Atlanta- I'm not a Montgomery fan and don't see that much of an impact. I do like Hayes as a gutsy player even if some of her tactics annoy me as a fan. Angel back makes this team way better, and many would put her higher as a result. However they play In a dead arena one more year, don't have as much depth as other teams and while I love Collen and she's no let em just play coach like cooper could be sometimes...Think they start hot and fade late. Not as big an EWill fan as some, good not great. Clarendon is a pure distributor and a great one. But I see this as a build up year to instill the decipline that made Miller's system work in CT, 7th with a big eye up to the return to Phillips.

Seattle: Another team that underachieves. At least it seems that Hughes gets that putting Stewart at 3 frees her up to be the dynamic player she should be. I think the insistence on Canada over Stevens means Bird knows she's ready to hang it up sooner than later. Good fan support losing their arena after this season. (I have a gut feeling buying the business half of the Reign was to help in facility negoiations...can sell as a package to say UDub to use facilities there) they will be motivated. We know what they can be, we've seen it. I do NOT get the fetish over Langhorne, I would have let go, I think she takes away as many points as she scores, just by her skill set being so specialized too much has to go thru her, when you have Stewart, Lloyd and Bird, not good. Hate to put them 8th again...but I don't see Hughes as a dynamic coach, he's always been more meat and potatoes to me and this team needs to be dynamic. They have the potential, but I think it's another 8th placer this year, with some great runs and then just being lost. Going in right direction tho.

Washington - I don't get atkins over vivians. Edd forced to the 4 with Meesaman sitting out will take its toll on her slowly. And she has durability problems. A great post season barely covers up fact that Tolliver was mostly ineffective during the regular season. Don't see anyone stepping up and while I call Mike Thiebault the Lemonade Man for his ability to overachieve with the cards he's dealt, This is a 1 player team right now with good D behind her...even more than the Libs which at least has depth and versatility. I think they miss by a hair. Don't want to ever predict an injury but ive seen this in Chicago...too much on one player, I think they play to the new arena as well. Good moments but eyes on 2019

Chicago - Don't like Deshields. you already got rid of one ball of selfishness and you reach out and grab another...way younger but I think they needed help at the 4. Gabby will be a great player and in time Deshields will be too...but right now...10th is just off their future talent and Sloot being the best PG out there. Post still a mess. Not sold on stocks one bit feels like shes just throwing spaghetti at the wall half the time.

Las Vegas - Bill has made good moves, tho bringing back bone...that was...unexpected. Have a big money machine behind him and this team will be successful fast. But as in next year. Jefferson you don't know what she'll bring and I'm not sold she ends the year on the team. Hurt now so couldn't trade but I am NOT buying Bill suddenly loving small guards. If you were there in 2013 you know why. Bill the GM is mediocre, he got credit for moves that were Bernerts...Bill the coach still shines tho. Wilson will win games, and they will get double digits...But don't think Plum is that good and see McBride as just another shooter. The build is well underway...but there is a LOT of work to do. will win games, but still well out of playoffs. If Jefferson was healthy id believe more hype...but this feels like the letdown 2013 was for the libs. And be warned if Bill feels he needs to gut things his feet are up on the bench and he cares less about wins and losses and more about reshaping things in his image...saw that in 13 and 14 and there were some BAD blowouts in those years.

Indiana - The January trade and commitment to K. Mitchell shows this is a rebuild...and it will be slow. It will come...But Still have spare parts at PG. No depth...not sure what Achonwa is...and still some holdovers from the Catchings era that don't fit that well...this will be the growing pains year. But I do feel it will be worth it. But dead last. Not even close...this is a marathon, not a sprint.

PostPosted: 05/11/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great job! Better than anything you can read in the press.

Mojo

PostPosted: 05/21/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to all 16 predictions totaled, counting first place as one point, last place as 12, lowest total equating to best. These are your predictions:
1. Los Angeles 24 pts
2. Minnesota 34 pts
3. Phoenix. 60 pts
4. Connecticut 64 pts
5. Dallas. 69 pts
6. Atlanta. 107 pts
7. Washington 121 pts
8. New York. 126 pts
9. Seattle. 132 pts
10. Chicago. 152 pts
11. Las Vegas. 164 pts
12. Indiana. 192 pts

Last edited by Mojo on 05/21/18 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 05/21/18 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
According to al 16l predictions totaled, counting first place as one point, last place as 12, lowest total equating to best. These are your predictions:
1. Los Angeles 24 pts
2. Minnesota 34 pts
3. Phoenix. 60 pts
4. Connecticut 64 pts
5. Dallas. 69 pts
6. Atlanta. 107 pts
7. Washington 121 pts
8. New York. 126 pts
9. Seattle. 132 pts
10. Chicago. 152 pts
11. Las Vegas. 164 pts
12. Indiana. 192 pts

Great work. I was very curious about how a composite view might look.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: