40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Lynx
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 30

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great job, Sparks!! Way to out hustle and out heart a cocky Lynx team. Gonna be a great season. Bring it home to LA where it belongs!!!

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
You’re perpetually confused. The refs gifted the Sparks in 2016. Reeve gifted IND in 2012.

Wrong, the Lynx gifted the Sparks a win by making sure the Sparks would have enough time, instead of winding down the clock then letting Maya (or someone else) go for a game-winning shot at the buzzer. If Maya Moore isn't clutch enough to hit a game-winner at the buzzer, then the Lynx don't deserve to win, though before that, Maya missed a 3 with the game tied, then Brunson missed a FT after getting fouled on the put-back attempt, so the Lynx did everything to fuck it up in the last minute themselves, and that's not the ref's fault.

Give it up already. Relying on a possibly contested clutch shot at the end is much lower odds than putting up an uncontested shot that has time for a follow-through in case of a miss and relying on championship level defense. Nobody has ever come close to agreeing with you on this but you still persist.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I thought the late Stuart Scott was known for saying BOOYAH before you? Smile

I doubt he was the original either. The point is I’ve been using it on the board, so I would rather I wasn’t associated with your comments. Own your own nonsense.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
whalen is fake tough guy... she not about that life, so what she doin'?
Laughing

Glad Sims stood her ground. Whalen with the nonsense again. If only we had a DMJ or Mabika on this team to check her. She's doing way too much.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of sumo wrestling suits and we'd have ourselves a real fight.

jap

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Glad Sims stood her ground. Whalen with the nonsense again. If only we had a DMJ or Mabika on this team to check her. She's doing way too much.

Cappie is more than capable of knocking the chip off of Whalen's shoulder if need be.

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Cappie is more than capable of knocking the chip off of Whalen's shoulder if need be.

Loved when she went in on Reeve. Was waiting for Reeve to toss another ugly jacket halfway back to TJ Max!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too bad no one seems to have enjoyed the game qua game. It was interesting how the score remained close and seesawed in the fourth quarter, climaxing in back-to-back last-few-seconds win shots. I suppose it's easier to take that attitude for an observer, like me, who didn't care who won.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Give it up already. Relying on a possibly contested clutch shot at the end is much lower odds than putting up an uncontested shot that has time for a follow-through in case of a miss and relying on championship level defense. Nobody has ever come close to agreeing with you on this but you still persist.

The only people I'm aware of who don't agree are homer Minnesota fans.

I only bring it up when people blame a call that wasn't the reason a team lost a game (or is an insignificant factor in a loss, and people act like it's the only or a major factor). Blaming the refs for the Sparks being the better or smarter or more clutch team is unfair and gives the Lynx a free pass for blowing the game.

It's good to know Maya Moore or anybody else on the Lynx are incapable of making clutch shots, while players on the Sparks are. Plus nothing good ever happens to Minnesota teams when their opponent has is given a chance to score at the end. I trust the odds of scoring at the end of a game over the odds of scoring with plenty of time left then having to get a stop at the end.
Plus the Sparks had no time outs left, so actually the Lynx could've taken a shot with a few seconds left and have time for a putback, and Sparks wouldn't have time to win the game without a miracle heave.
If a missed shot clock violation was so obvious, then the Lynx should have asked to have it reviewed right away or call a time out instead of making the play unreviewable by putting the ball back into play. And after the review, instead of the Lynx scoring on the next possession like they did, they could've missed their shot or turn the ball over, so the game is the same as it was anyways, so there is only a "chance" that a missed shot clock-violation had an impact on the game, and if so, it's only because the Lynx were stupid and missed their chances to win at the end. Heck, if they did review the missed shot-clock violation, the Lynx could've full out stunk the rest of the game and the Sparks win by multiple possessions. The Lynx giving the Sparks the ball to end the game probably had just as much of swing in the probability of the game to me.
Plus the Lynx won Game 4 when there was a missed 8-second call, so it the Lynx deserved a call to "go against" them for a change.
Also, in Game 5, the Lynx couldn't rebound to save their lives, and Nneka's shot that came at the shot clock buzzer was after an offensive rebound. Luckily the Lynx learned from that the following season. Now if only they can stop turning the ball over 100 times per game.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Wait, how do we know it wasn’t Sims with the nonsense? She strikes me as a big trash talker.

Whalen put the team on her back and almost pulled off the improbable (at that point) comeback.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/21/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Too bad no one seems to have enjoyed the game qua game. It was interesting how the score remained close and seesawed in the fourth quarter, climaxing in back-to-back last-few-seconds win shots. I suppose it's easier to take that attitude for an observer, like me, who didn't care who won.

Oh I enjoyed it Glenn and the storylines weren't half bad either Cool

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/21/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Wait, how do we know it wasn’t Sims with the nonsense? She strikes me as a big trash talker.

Whalen put the team on her back and almost pulled off the improbable (at that point) comeback.

Whalen has priors of acting like she's a big bad cocky mofo. And she wouldn't move out of the way. Watch the clip.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to know why Reeve put Augustus, historically not a great defender, not only on the floor for the last defensive possession but on Gray, who has burned us before in this situation and would likely get the nod again. Weren’t either DRob or Wright both perfect for this situation? Isn’t that why we brought them in at a sacrifice to the rest of the structure of the team? At least DRob would be able to stay in front of Gray and not give her a clear initial lane to the basket. Look, Augustus is playing Gray way too tight considering the floor is cleared out behind her.

All it takes is one quick turn and Augustus is already playing behind Gray. Brunson sees what’s coming and is willing to take a chance leaving ain’t-no-hero Samuelson alone way behind the three point line.

Brunson takes a swipe at the ball and then gives up while Fowles and Maya converge on Gray, but by this time it’s too late. It’s Gray taking a short shot in the paint. Augustus is no longer a defender to Gray but more of a concierge to her taking her order for celebritory champagne.

Game over. Not sure about the rest of the game, but Reeve got out-coached on the last play.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 05/21/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Whalen has priors of acting like she's a big bad cocky mofo. And she wouldn't move out of the way. Watch the clip.

Whalen played hockey. She IS cocky and tough and she has always been like that. She isn’t a talker so much as getting in an opponent’s space. Sometimes it’s slow and deliberate and sometimes it’s a bowling ball down the middle of the lane to net a foul. Either way, Lindsay has been like that forever. People just see a short White chick and laugh because they assume she is acting like a stereotype of Black gangsta behavior. But it isn’t that, it’s Minnesota pond hockey type behavior. Smile

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Whalen played hockey. She IS cocky and tough and she has always been like that. She isn’t a talker so much as getting in an opponent’s space. Sometimes it’s slow and deliberate and sometimes it’s a bowling ball down the middle of the lane to net a foul. Either way, Lindsay has been like that forever. People just see a short White chick and laugh because they assume she is acting like a stereotype of Black gangsta behavior. But it isn’t that, it’s Minnesota pond hockey type behavior. Smile

Sugar coat it all you want, she gets out of hand with the nonsense. She's been beyond obnoxious for a while now.

Last edited by Spark4Life on 05/21/18 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice gm winner Gray

RWilliam looked good moving around & I loved her on ball pressure defense. Same goes for Carson who looked healthy too.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I want to know why Reeve put Augustus, historically not a great defender, not only on the floor for the last defensive possession but on Gray, who has burned us before in this situation and would likely get the nod again. Weren’t either DRob or Wright both perfect for this situation? Isn’t that why we brought them in at a sacrifice to the rest of the structure of the team? At least DRob would be able to stay in front of Gray and not give her a clear initial lane to the basket. Look, Augustus is playing Gray way too tight considering the floor is cleared out behind her.

The Lynx also had a foul to give, but they didn't use it. If Augustus was going to get beat, should've just fouled Gray and make the Sparks have to inbound again with a couple seconds left. I don't know why the Lynx always make stupid mistakes against the Sparks, or if they are just a stupid team in general.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Sugar coat it all you want, she gets out of hand with the nonsense. She's been beyond obnoxious for a while now.

I love Whay but she does have some thuggish ways from time to time... Let us not forget the very hard foul she put on Sims in the playoffs last year! Thankfully Odyssey got up and was able to resume play...eventually! I'm not sure what the issue is there (if there is a specific one). I know she is a competitor and I suspect she didn't like the ball pressure but some of that mess she does is quite problematic and at minimum is unsportsmanlike... Funny enough, of the guards in the league, I think Gray and Sims are the most like her.

Glad that LA got the W!! Playing the celebration video during LA's practice was pretty classless, imho.

blaase22

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So funny from a dirty nneka and princess ace fan

Spark4Life wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Laughing

Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

The Lynx also had a foul to give, but they didn't use it. If Augustus was going to get beat, should've just fouled Gray and make the Sparks have to inbound again with a couple seconds left. I don't know why the Lynx always make stupid mistakes against the Sparks, or if they are just a stupid team in general.

If they had a foul to give, Augustus should have fouled Gray the very moment she got beat. That would have given the Sparks only 2 seconds to score, so the play would have likely changed to a low percentage perimeter shot. You can’t wait too long to foul or Gray will just make the motion that she was shooting after you foul her. Put Gray on the line, game likely over.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes Augustus is not a good defender but tbh Gray made a very very tough shot against 2-3 defenders. Sometimes you just take your hat off for someone

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

Glad that LA got the W!! Playing the celebration video during LA's practice was pretty classless, imho.

Geez, you thought you giving an unbiased opinion on Whalen and then you hit us with all this? What practice are you talking about, the warmup before the game? If the Sparks feel the need to practice during the Lynx planned celebration, that’s on them not the Lynx.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/21/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Yes Augustus is not a good defender but tbh Gray made a very very tough shot against 2-3 defenders. Sometimes you just take your hat off for someone

The point is she never should have made it to the paint.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

The point is she never should have made it to the paint.

She has gotten in the paint the whole game. Didnt matter who was guarding her. Heck the whole Sparks team made it into the paint whenever they wanted

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Geez, you thought you giving an unbiased opinion on Whalen and then you hit us with all this? What practice are you talking about, the warmup before the game? If the Sparks feel the need to practice during the Lynx planned celebration, that’s on them not the Lynx.

Indeed, it was my opinion and the beautiful thing is that we're all entitled to one...lol!

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 05/21/18 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/21/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

It was the Sparks practice time not the Lynx Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: