41%
 41%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 41

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Randy wrote:
Liz clearly outplayed Griner last night.

This isn't surprising. Last season Griner was consistently outplayed by other elite centers with size. There just aren't that many of them.

Yet Griner was the leading scorer dispite missing 8 games. Noone passed her and she probably would have won MVP. Yes Liz outplayed her last night and will probably do so again but that doesn't mean Griner is afraid of the lime light like someone on here posted. This was the 1st game of the season.

Also if you look at the minutes Griner played she only had like 5 pts less than Liz who played almost the entire game. Some of you need to get off Griner's back.

And they had to double Cambage in the 2nd half to contain her. Which obvie the Merc can do given the Wings shot 4-20 from 3 and no one else wanted to shoot over 50%

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/19/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My take on Cambage-Griner is that they both demonstrated good stuff against each other. Cambage took it to her physically in the first half without as much defensive help...which to me nobody else in the WNBA can do to the extent that Cambage did. Syl can to some extent but she's more finesse and at 2-3 inches shorter still experiences alteration of some of her shots vs. BG. The amazing thing about Cambage is how BG couldn't really alter her shots. Flip side Griner did some things late in the game. It happens. Griner has a better team around her than Cambage does...and a better-coached team.

Comparing the two is futile in my estimation. They're so different in style of play and both are outstanding players. Not surprisingly, I haven't seen anyone give Liz credit for her much improved passing compared to when she last played a WNBA game. It's a significant difference.

PostPosted: 05/20/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
My take on Cambage-Griner is that they both demonstrated good stuff against each other. Cambage took it to her physically in the first half without as much defensive help...which to me nobody else in the WNBA can do to the extent that Cambage did. Syl can to some extent but she's more finesse and at 2-3 inches shorter still experiences alteration of some of her shots vs. BG. The amazing thing about Cambage is how BG couldn't really alter her shots. Flip side Griner did some things late in the game. It happens. Griner has a better team around her than Cambage does...and a better-coached team.

Comparing the two is futile in my estimation. They're so different in style of play and both are outstanding players. Not surprisingly, I haven't seen anyone give Liz credit for her much improved passing compared to when she last played a WNBA game. It's a significant difference.

X__________

PostPosted: 05/21/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Estimated Crowd Attendance Attempt anyone? Im saying 5,000-6;000 Max But im sure il read somewhere it was 12,000 Rolling Eyes

And there it is 11,210 attendance Laughing

I was at the arena. There was at least 9,000 bodies in the building.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: