RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Lavender and Vadeeva are both shown as SUSPENDED - TEMPORARY, Dabovic as being SUSPENDED - FULL SEASON. So, I understand why Wiese made the cut over, say Dabovic.

That being said, still only have two posts to open the season, and only two more coming back, one who is a 19 year old rookie. Could be a rocky start to the season, but I am assuming we pick up a post down the road, just wondering who it will be. I've always liked Gruda, but Agler never plays her, so that's not worth it. My first choice would be Tolo, but I hear she is injured long term. Other options worth exploring, given all the cuts today, Dev Peters, Larkins, and Bass (even though we cut her). Fingers crossed that the SFO knows what it's doing.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Yeah, Lavender and Vadeeva are both shown as SUSPENDED - TEMPORARY, Dabovic as being SUSPENDED - FULL SEASON. So, I understand why Wiese made the cut over, say Dabovic.

That being said, still only have two posts to open the season, and only two more coming back, one who is a 19 year old rookie. Could be a rocky start to the season, but I am assuming we pick up a post down the road, just wondering who it will be. I've always liked Gruda, but Agler never plays her, so that's not worth it. My first choice would be Tolo, but I hear she is injured long term. Other options worth exploring, given all the cuts today, Dev Peters, Larkins, and Bass (even though we cut her). Fingers crossed that the SFO knows what it's doing.

Geez a timeclock down memory lane , Tolo & Gruda should be a thing of the past for this sparks team . Bring in some new blood , loading up on old vets from 40 years ago should not be the way to go .

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, the Sparks first game or two might be ugly having only Ogwumike & Parker inside. Beard and/or Carson will need to play the 4 10/15 mpg.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise

Lol i take Dabovic over Weise any day.

Did Dabovic ever show up?

I think the thing that works in Weise's favor is her versatility. You may not like her handle, but she does have one and played PG in college. She's not a good defender but is a smart passer and has the size to play SG or SF. I think that experience/versatility is what keeps her on the team ahead of someone like Samuelson for example who is really only a SF.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Odd that .com lists Vadeeva as waived.

Once again, Cappie commits a crime against hairmanity.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise

I think the thing that works in Weise's favor is her versatility. You may not like her handle, but she does have one and played PG in college. She's not a good defender but is a smart passer and has the size to play SG or SF. I think that experience/versatility is what keeps her on the team ahead of someone like Samuelson for example who is really only a SF.

Im sure if Dabovic Showed up weise would not be there still .

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I’m confused, why are the Sparks only going with two bigs? Is their cap that tight?

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Geez a timeclock down memory lane , Tolo & Gruda should be a thing of the past for this sparks team . Bring in some new blood , loading up on old vets from 40 years ago should not be the way to go .

Last summer wasn't 40 years ago. It wasn't even 40 months ago. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... you obviously did not get the point here . But cool

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

No. I got your point. I just don't agree with it. But cool.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Awesome , maybe thats what you should have posted originally instead.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:

Awesome , maybe thats what you should have posted originally instead.

Have a great summer, WNBA 09.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weise is a legit 6' 1" she can play some back up stretch/finesse PF a few minutes a game maybe.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise

Im sure if Dabovic Showed up weise would not be there still .

If they could be sure Dabo would show up every year that might be true, but I don't think it's as clear as you do. It's not like Dabo was such hot shit in her minutes on the floor last year. Also they need some continuity for when the old ladies currently playing guards retire. Plus we don't know what either of them are like in the locker room. For the end of the bench, it's often a matter of intangibles.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So they have two posts only to start with - Nneka and Parker. They're good, but not for 40 minutes/game. So...will they pick up a post to hold them over until Vadeeva or Lavender shows up? Or who pretends they can play PF?

I guess Brian will have to don a wig and suit up.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Dabovic < Weise

Im sure if Dabovic Showed up Wiese would not be there still .

That would probably be true because Ana sports similar versatility, playing PG, SG, & SF. Plus, she comes up with these unorthodox moves from time to time that probably drives defenders bonkers.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
So I’m confused, why are the Sparks only going with two bigs? Is their cap that tight?

It's probably some error, or, if they are really stressed for uninjured posts, they can file for an exemption for additional help.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

It's probably some error, or, if they are really stressed for uninjured posts, they can file for an exemption for additional help.

Look at it this way.... when you examine the graphic with the Sparks players, you’ll see only two players under rookie contract. The Lynx have three players under rookie contract and they still have to wait a month to add another cheap player’s prorated contract.

The Sparks should get an “exemption” because they have an expensive roster and seem to have mismanaged their post situation? Screw that!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/18/18 5:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Maya can play some minutes at the 4 position with barely a postgame then i think Alana Beard will do fine for 10 minutes aswell

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 05/18/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776142-put-some-respect-on-candace-parkers-name

Hope Parker has an MVP season.

jap

PostPosted: 05/18/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776142-put-some-respect-on-candace-parkers-name

Hope Parker has an MVP season.

She didn't win the championship last season, and this is one gal who loves to win! Everyone else can go on rolling out their picks for this year's MVP, but a motivated CP3 who came within inches of capturing her second WNBA crown is the dark mare I will be riding.

PostPosted: 05/18/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just going to trust that Agler knows what he is doing as I don't quite agree with others who have suggested that Beard, Carson, or Wiese can play too much time at the 4 as some may have more height, but they don't have the strength/girth to bang with some of the fours. Assuming we don't have our full roster until our home opener Sunday the 27th, Agler is just going to have to run some small-ball lineups at times during the first three games in light of foul trouble and/or to give players rest. It might make for some interesting lineups as lots of different parts they could use at 1-3, including Gray, Sims, Wiese, Williams, Pondexter, Carson, and Beard, and they slide Carson and Beard down to "4" to have a small ball lineup.
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/18/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Note that the Warriors are starting no one taller than 6-7 -- which would be comparable to 6-1 or so in the women's game -- and are doing pretty well.

PostPosted: 05/18/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Note that the Warriors are starting no one taller than 6-7 -- which would be comparable to 6-1 or so in the women's game -- and are doing pretty well.

Also the smaller line-up from Houston just won from the smaller line-up from the Warriors. But these 2 teams consist of some big time shooters while the Sparks do not

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 14 of 22

Jump to: