RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Storm should pick up Larkin's off of waivers.

Agreed

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

So they can add another undersized C? I thought people were suggesting the Storm need height.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So they can add another undersized C? I thought people were suggesting the Storm need height.

Their options at center seem pretty thin. Anything would be an upgrade to the team at this point inside.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Their options at center seem pretty thin. Anything would be an upgrade to the team at this point inside.

No, I don't think so. Langhorne and Paris are just as good or better. I like Larkins but she should go someplace where she wouldn't just be a third too-short center.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I seen a tweet that implied Muldrow made the team, but is that even possible?
Why have so many SF if your plan is to play Stewart at that position? Dan change his mind already?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scrappy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm ditching the storm. they waive the home town girl mcphee and keep quinn. makes no sense.

done with the storm!

PostPosted: 05/17/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
i'm ditching the storm. they waive the home town girl mcphee and keep quinn. makes no sense.

done with the storm!

McPhee over quinn does not seem logical at all , did you really think McPhee would make it ?

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
scrappy wrote:

done with the storm!

McPhee over quinn does not seem logical at all , did you really think McPhee would make it ?

No disrespect to McPhee--I think she is skilled and has good length, but to play in the WNBA, she needs to bulk up and maybe develop an outside shot. In college, she was a pretty physical player and she simply can't play that way at the next level at her size.

Dropping Quinn in favor of McPhee, local or not, would have made even less sense than dropping Jaz Davis in favor of Angel Goodrich.

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I think the GM admitted she made a mistake of trading for Swords in the first place by letting her go and not retaining her

I haven't been impressed with our GM since Karen Bryant left. And I think that Jenny wasn't that impressive of a coach as well. Combine the two, and you have the underperforming teams of recent years. Time will tell if Dan solves the coach problem at least.

When Agler was the GM, he did an amazing job of attracting big name free agents. They were mostly past their prime, but they were still pretty amazing. He--in combination with the city, the fans, and Jackson and Bird--made the Storm a destination for veterans. But we got older and older and older, until we landed back in the lottery. He wanted nothing to do with a rookie #1 pick and so his departure wasn't surprising.

What would he have done with Loyd in that weak draft class? I don't think she would have found a way off his bench. He probably would have traded her like he did with so many of his draft picks.

Loyd isn't anywhere close to her potential, so we'll see what a coaching change does for her.

You just can't replace Karen Bryant. From Seattle U, to UW, to the ABL, Bryant was Seattle basketball through and through. Maybe under Bryant, the Storm still choose Goodrich over Davis, but you can be damn sure Bryant would have handled that situation better. For sure we miss Bryant.

This is Valavanis' roster. We know where the weak spots are. Lots of blame to go around for KML. If she is in shape, maybe she can give us good minutes. Clark may never be an all-star, but there have been multiple times when I've thought she hit her ceiling yet she goes on to improve her game. That's a credit to her. Muldrow over Crvendakic...if Muldrow can give us any good minutes, then credit to Valavanis and Hughes.

I like Howard, but the odds are that the trade will cost us next year. It may possibly go down as one of the worst trades in the history of the league. So Valavanis' roster better come together and we have to hope that some teams don't come together.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm waived Aleksandra Crvendakic, bringing its roster to 12 players.

Muldrow, Whitcomb, and longtime favorite Quinn made the cut.

Last edited by Shades on 05/17/18 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Muldrow, Whitcomb made the cut.

This doesn't surprise me , Storm fans seemed to think she could make the team and take minutes away from KML when she got signed . I for one was not impressed with her highlight film posted in the storm thread.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Whitcomb was signed to a multiyear deal not so long ago so i knew she wasnt going to get cut. She had a pretty good rookie season but had trouble adjusting to a smaller role and to be effective in limited minutes. I think she will do fine in her 2nd and 3rd year.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Muldrow, Whitcomb, and longtime favorite Quinn made the cut.

I personally think that Quinn and KML are wasted spots on the roster. I cringe every time Quinn comes into the game. The flow just stops. I hope they drop her to pick somebody up off of waivers.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Whitcomb was signed to a multiyear deal not so long ago so i knew she wasnt going to get cut. She had a pretty good rookie season but had trouble adjusting to a smaller role and to be effective in limited minutes. I think she will do fine in her 2nd and 3rd year.

I’d be surprised if it was a guaranteed deal, but who knows with this front office.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just don't see a need for Quinn on this team now with Canada, Whitcomb and Muldrow. She needs to go and the Storm need to pick up another center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
I like Howard, but the odds are that the trade will cost us next year. It may possibly go down as one of the worst trades in the history of the league.

Shocked

Howard would have to literally be utter garbage, and the draft pick they gave to Minnesota will have to be an All World player for this to even sniff the worst trade in history. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
I like Howard, but the odds are that the trade will cost us next year. It may possibly go down as one of the worst trades in the history of the league.

Shocked

Howard would have to literally be utter garbage, and the draft pick they gave to Minnesota will have to be an All World player for this to even sniff the worst trade in history. Laughing

All it takes is for Seattle to finish outside the lottery & Minny could be looking at a possible #1 draft pick next season. That's something major in my opinion.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:

Shocked

All it takes is for Seattle to finish outside the lottery & Minny could be looking at a possible #1 draft pick next season. That's something major in my opinion.

The odds are a bit stacked against the Storm for winning the lottery again. The three most likely teams to make the lottery are Indy, LV and probably the Sky. Storm won 15 games last year, while the Fever, Aces and Sky won 9,8 and 12. So the Storm would have to lose 6 more games than the Fever this year, seven more than the Aces and 3 more than the Sky to just get the best lottery odds and then they only get a 44% chance of getting the number 1 pick. It would be almost as hard for them to get the number 2 pick, so their best(or is it worst) case scenario is probably they end up with pick 3 or 4 if they fall to the lottery. Not a good outcome for the Storm and good one for the Lynx but not necessarily a disaster. (But it might just be enough to get the GM fired.)

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if SEA’s love of KML is confusing, the additions of Howard, Paris, and Canada make them a better team right away... plus an arguably better game time coach. Who is leap-frogging SEA except MAYBE Atlanta?

Randy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Even if SEA’s love of KML is confusing, the additions of Howard, Paris, and Canada make them a better team right away... plus an arguably better game time coach. Who is leap-frogging SEA except MAYBE Atlanta?

Dream and Storm may well be fighting it out for the last playoff spot.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Dream and Storm may well be fighting it out for the last playoff spot.

I think there’s plenty of room for a usually decent team to be really bad this year if certain things don’t go right. Just not sure which one.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per . Com Mercedes Russell & Maria Vadeeva are available on the waiver wire Storm fans Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Per . Com Mercedes Russell & Maria Vadeeva are available on the waiver wire Storm fans Very Happy

Too bad that it looks like another wnba error Confused

Quote:
New faces to the team include Cappie Pondexter and 2018 first round draft pick, Russian center Maria Vadeeva. Pondexter, a california native, returns home with two WNBA championship rings and 12 years of professional experience to her name

http://sparks.wnba.com/news/2018-sparks-roster-released/

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp at least Russell's Available , Shes from oregon possibly a little home cooking ? And shes a LEGIT 6'6 center with size and an offensive game ?

PostPosted: 05/17/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy for Muldrow. Didn't really expect her to make the final cut but glad she did.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp at least Russell's Available , Shes from oregon possibly a little home cooking ? And shes a LEGIT 6'6 center with size and an offensive game?

Seems like a good choice to replace McCall in Indy.

Reeve left the Lynx in a position to not to take advantage of any waiver players, not that they’d be in a position to get a good one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: