Sky
75%
 75%  [ 15 ]
Fever
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:20 am    ::: Sky @ Fever - 5/19/18 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 1:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, WNDY

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180519/CHIIND

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018782

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has the makings of a very ugly game. I chose Indiana and i honestly dont know why. Final.score 76-68 home court advantage

PostPosted: 05/17/18 3:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ooh, an important clash early in the season. Who is going to take the early lead?

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opening night for the lottery bowl. Mr. Green

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on last year, I get the pessimism from Sky fans, but Sloot and Quig are one of the best backcourts in the W, Dolson is probably the 5th best center in the W, and there some good rookies. Seems like a decent team to me.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Based on last year, I get the pessimism from Sky fans, but Sloot and Quig are one of the best backcourts in the W, Dolson is probably the 5th best center in the W, and there some good rookies. Seems like a decent team to me.

Had to relook at the Fever's roster, if the Sky lose this game they don't deserve to be a franchise.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

If you’re talking about this game specifically, Sloot won’t be playing.

As far as the season as a whole, would you rate CHI a better team than ATL?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

Had to relook at the Fever's roster, if the Sky lose this game they don't deserve to be a franchise.

"Hold my beer"

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, I hope they can maintain some kind of positive attitude even in the face of adversity. With Sloot out, this might be their best chance of the year...but still a long, long shot. Just think a win would mean that they could say that at one point in the year they were #1 in the league.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/17/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the level of pessimism here you guys are predicting the Sky will have a regular season record of zero wins and thirty-four losses. Yes, the Sky will be so bad that they will have to reach up to touch the bottom of the league.
But the prediction for another team that for years has been THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE will win the championship this year.RIGHT! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/17/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
With the level of pessimism here you guys are predicting the Sky will have a regular season record of zero wins and thirty-four losses. Yes, the Sky will be so bad that they will have to reach up to touch the bottom of the league.
But the prediction for another team that for years has been THE WORST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE will win the championship this year.RIGHT! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think the Sky will win several games [I'm guessing 5 - 8]... especially when Sloot returns and the planets align correctly and Dolson decides to play as well as she can and Quigles is making her baskets. The real question is will Indy win any? If they win 2 that will exceed expectations.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/18/18 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I think the Sky will win several games [I'm guessing 5 - 8]... especially when Sloot returns and the planets align correctly and Dolson decides to play as well as she can and Quigles is making her baskets. The real question is will Indy win any? If they win 2 that will exceed expectations.

The Sky will have a season record that is worst than their 2017 record? Really? I will say this if the three starters from last year can play at a high level equivalent to their winning streak last season and the team can get better production from both of the forward positions then the Sky should finish the season with a better record than the 2017 season.
If the three starters play poorly and the newcomers do not perform well then yes the Sky should fall.

PostPosted: 05/18/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5-8 wins would put Chicago's winning pct. no higher than .235. Adding Williams and DD along with Sloot, Quigley and Dolson (when the former two return) makes them a competitive team. They may only win 13-14 games in a parity-heavy league, but that speaks more to the talent throughout the league.

I can totally, however, see the Fever winning no more than 5 games this year. I think there's going to be a lot of teams just above and just below .500 this year. Other than Minnesota and LA, I'm not sold that anyone else will win 20 games, and that's with some really good teams out there. I just think all the talent-loaded teams between 3 and 10 will take turns knocking each other off. Maybe Phoenix or Atlanta or CT or NY will also win 20 but I'd be surprised if any more than four teams won 20 games. Actually I'd be shocked. If four teams win 20+, that means 3-4 teams will probably lose 20. Other than Chicago and Indiana, I don't think any team is that bad. Even Vegas once they get their scorers back...they're decent and Laimbeer's coaching is probably good for 2-3 extra wins.

PostPosted: 05/18/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah Chicago can win anywhere between 10-17 games. Stocks seems to get the best out of her group if judging from last season. Indiana on the other hand i say 5-10 wins most likely. They will battle with vegas and i believe seattle for the cellar dwellars.

PostPosted: 05/19/18 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very inconsiderate of the WNBA to schedule the only game of the day at the same time as the FA Cup final.

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Very inconsiderate of the WNBA to schedule the only game of the day at the same time as the FA Cup final.

I'm not sure how much crossover there is, but I'm pretty sure the WNBA doesn't want to showcase this game.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/19/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I'm not sure how much crossover there is, but I'm pretty sure the WNBA doesn't want to showcase this game.

As you probably realised, I wasn't entirely serious. But yeah, you have a point. The most glaringly tanking team of the season vs a 'deep' team without their controlling hand. Early season WNBA games are often messy, but this could be a really prime example.

PostPosted: 05/19/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

As you probably realised, I wasn't entirely serious. But yeah, you have a point. The most glaringly tanking team of the season vs a 'deep' team without their controlling hand. Early season WNBA games are often messy, but this could be a really prime example.

I do wish they would have scheduled more than a single game on each of the opening two days, and then better avoided the NBA playoff overlap on Warriors vs. Rockets Game 3 Day tomorrow.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/19/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could have been worse... Up against Arsenal and Arsene Wenger's last game.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im Predicting 60 fouls between the two. 5 official reviews and a Final Score of 75-70 in favor of chicago. Switching my vote now .

PostPosted: 05/19/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aside from last night, this will be the best game I've seen in months.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby starting at PF today Yay !

PostPosted: 05/19/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesss Diamond...

PostPosted: 05/19/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what a move by DeShields

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: