RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Late Training Camp Arrivals 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poland is done so Alysha Clark and Temi Fagbenle can come back.

Venezia loses so Riquna Williams and Camille Little are done. I do not see days for Games 3 through 5 yet for Italy, but Game 2 will be on Saturday.

Mersin loses so Bria Hartley and Krystal Thomas are done.

YDU-Cukurova will end on either the 8th, 11th, or 14th. Hatay-Fenerbahce will end on either the 9th, 12th, or 15th. One can only guess how late finals will run if they go to five games after one of these series goes the distance.
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In France, Bourges-Lyon (Rebecca Allen) ends on the 8th or 12th. Charleville-Tarbes (Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis) ends on the 9th or 13th. There is no third place series. If Sugar Rodgers continues with Lattes Montpellier, their next series ends on the 8th or 12th.
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15421
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 4:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
In France, Bourges-Lyon (Rebecca Allen) ends on the 8th or 12th. Charleville-Tarbes (Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis) ends on the 9th or 13th. There is no third place series. If Sugar Rodgers continues with Lattes Montpellier, their next series ends on the 8th or 12th.


Good to know that KML is playing overseas and is healthy



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As noted elsewhere, Russia's finals ended in a sweep.

As expected, the Czech finals also ended in a sweep. That frees up Amanda Zahui B, Leticia Romero, and DeWanna Bonner who has not played in a while.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49633



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:


As expected, the Czech finals also ended in a sweep. That frees up Amanda Zahui B, Leticia Romero, and DeWanna Bonner who has not played in a while.


Zahui is a bawse.
Bonner was playing in scrimmages in the PHX training camp today.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It has not been a bad year for lateness.

The Hungarian finals end in a sweep so Yvonne Turner, Erica McCall and Aleksandra Crvendakic are done.

The finals schedule in Italy has them ending on either the 8th, 10th, or 13th.
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cukurova wins Game 2 so that series will go at least to Game 4.

Schio keeps the possibility of a sweep alive with a big comeback.

Sugar Rodgers did not play for Lattes Montpellier so she's probably been allowed to leave.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49633



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeShields is gonna miss at least a week of training camp. That’s not good for a rookie. People think she’s gonna catch up and be a starter? Oh, the nativity.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy's going at least to Thursday now that Ragusa won a game.

Yakin Dogu University won Game 3.

Bourges beat Lyon to complete the sweep. Rebecca Allen is done. Valeriane Ayayi will not finish her season until either the 24th, 26th, or 28th which feels like it will doom her chances this year. Of course she could randomly pop up in .com boxscores.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49633



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do all these leagues finish at about the same time they do every year?
So if a player signs up for a certain league, they should know that they will probably be late to camp.
Same goes for GM's. They should know who's going to be very late, and avoid signing such a player if they are the bubble type?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20761
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Italy's going at least to Thursday now that Ragusa won a game.

But on the bright side for Lynx fans, Miyem back in the lineup for Schio after missing the last few games.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/09/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charleville is eliminated so Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis can return.

Hatay was swept so Leilani Mitchell, Courtney Paris, and Hind Ben Abdelkader are done. That means at least three more games for Kia Vaughn, Ana Dabovic, and Kelsey Plum. Dabovic has been the foreigner to sit in most of the games this postseason so far.

Shades wrote:
Do all these leagues finish at about the same time they do every year?
So if a player signs up for a certain league, they should know that they will probably be late to camp.
Same goes for GM's. They should know who's going to be very late, and avoid signing such a player if they are the bubble type?


Some schedules are fixed while others can move up the end of the season if series end early or if teams are not involved in European competition. These three leagues have run pretty late in recent years so some of it was predictable.
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/10/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Italy goes the maximum so those players are there through Sunday.
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cukurova looked like they might force a fifth game, but they lost so Erlana Larkins and Diamond DeShields are free.

The result also means that the finals will start earlier, but it appears that the earliest they will finish is the 19th.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49633



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Cukurova looked like they might force a fifth game, but they lost so Erlana Larkins and Diamond DeShields are free.

The result also means that the finals will start earlier, but it appears that the earliest they will finish is the 19th.


So for those who don’t memorize who is on overseas teams, the earliest McBride, Lavender, Vandersloot, Vaughn, and Plum will finish is May 19. The WNBA season starts May 18 and every team will have played a game by May 20.

What would happen if any of them bailed?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6902



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/11/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Cukurova looked like they might force a fifth game, but they lost so Erlana Larkins and Diamond DeShields are free.

The result also means that the finals will start earlier, but it appears that the earliest they will finish is the 19th.


So for those who don’t memorize who is on overseas teams, the earliest McBride, Lavender, Vandersloot, Vaughn, and Plum will finish is May 19. The WNBA season starts May 18 and every team will have played a game by May 20.

What would happen if any of them bailed?


If they bailed their WNBA team would have no problem with the fact that they left their higher-paying European team in the playoffs. So I guess it would be no problem for them.


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13641
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/12/18 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Cukurova looked like they might force a fifth game, but they lost so Erlana Larkins and Diamond DeShields are free.

The result also means that the finals will start earlier, but it appears that the earliest they will finish is the 19th.


So for those who don’t memorize who is on overseas teams, the earliest McBride, Lavender, Vandersloot, Vaughn, and Plum will finish is May 19. The WNBA season starts May 18 and every team will have played a game by May 20.

What would happen if any of them bailed?


If they bailed their WNBA team would have no problem with the fact that they left their higher-paying European team in the playoffs. So I guess it would be no problem for them.


The WNBA team might not have a problem, but it could affect them trying to go overseas if teams are concerned about them leaving they might not be willing to offer them as much money or opt to sign a different player all together.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2160



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game 4 in Turkey is scheduled for Monday.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12446



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/16/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any word on game 5?



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin