RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iXteCuvBGPg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really liked Dolson’s Watch Me Work video. Nice job in the production!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/18 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sky waive Renee Bennett.

This was released on YouTube about the same time as when she was cut. Seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jnaDcTSLQ5w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allow full screen></iframe></embed>

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/12/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/14/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the final cuts approaching, are there any posts out there or teams that we should keep an eye on? Dallas waived Akhator and Hamblin but neither seems worth it to me.

Also - any word on Astou Ndour? Is she even actually coming over?

Looking forward to see this team grow! I know many are counting this team out (for some good reasons and bad reasons). But I think once our solid core gels, we should be quite good. Hoping for big seasons from Copper and Parker.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
With the final cuts approaching, are there any posts out there or teams that we should keep an eye on? Dallas waived Akhator and Hamblin but neither seems worth it to me.

Looking forward to see this team grow! I know many are counting this team out (for some good reasons and bad reasons). But I think once our solid core gels, we should be quite good. Hoping for big seasons from Copper and Parker.

I had the same thought on Akhator, but the Sky don't need another project. With the rate Coates and Dolson foul at, they need someone who can actually stay on the floor.

No idea on Ndour. One would assume she would come over since she was re-signed this offseason, though she hasn't been very consistent in doing so. Their series just ended yesterday so we'll find out soon.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/14/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

I had the same thought on Akhator, but the Sky don't need another project. With the rate Coates and Dolson foul at, they need someone who can actually stay on the floor.

No idea on Ndour. One would assume she would come over since she was re-signed this offseason, though she hasn't been very consistent in doing so. Their series just ended yesterday so we'll find out soon.

Cool. She doesn't help our need for a strong post, but a player like Shakayla Thomas jumps out at me. I don't think she has any shot of making the LAS roster. She's just so athletic though.

Also keeping an eye on competitive rosters like Connecticut (B. Jones, George), Indy (Graves, McCall), Minnesota (Alleyne), Seattle (Muldrow).

At this point, I think the only solid post locks for the Sky are Parker, Williams, Coates and Dolson.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Cool. She doesn't help our need for a strong post, but a player like Shakayla Thomas jumps out at me. I don't think she has any shot of making the LAS roster. She's just so athletic though.

Also keeping an eye on competitive rosters like Connecticut (B. Jones, George), Indy (Graves, McCall), Minnesota (Alleyne), Seattle (Muldrow).

At this point, I think the only solid post locks for the Sky are Parker, Williams, Coates and Dolson.

Why go after S. Thomas when you have Gabby on the team already ? Not being funny , but consensus was made that Gabby was the better of the 2 and both being the same type of player.

PostPosted: 05/15/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alston waived

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/16/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Considering how poorly Copper played, are we to assume DeShields will be the starting SF come next weekend?

DeShields is going to be at least a week behind most every other newcomer learning Stock’s system. If you are saying that’s an advantage for DeShields, that doesn’t say much about Stock’s system.

Some would argue that DeShields is actually four years behind, given the perceived lack of Xs and Os coaching and work on fundamentals that she received (or did not receive) from the head coaches at the two institutions she attended.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Behind the Scenes: Media Day

The team enjoys taking a group shot with Dr. Douglas R. Dirschl, MD, Chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Chicago Medicine.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I the only one who prefers Dev Peters to Bulgak? She was just waived by Washington. If both are equal, Dev at least has a local edge.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Am I the only one who prefers Dev Peters to Bulgak? She was just waived by Washington. If both are equal, Dev at least has a local edge.

Issue with Peters is she's been out for a long time. Can't really know if she's all the way back. But yeah, you'd think Peters or Latkins would probably be an upgrade on the parade of question marks in Chciago's post rotation.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Issue with Peters is she's been out for a long time. Can't really know if she's all the way back. But yeah, you'd think Peters or Latkins would probably be an upgrade on the parade of question marks in Chciago's post rotation.

Yeah, it's been a whole month since Peters finished her season in Slovakia

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

BOOYAH!

But yeah.... Chicago is her hometown and they have a little hometown theme going with Harper. A hometown player might not want to leave even Chicago. You might be onto something here.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bullsky wrote:

BOOYAH!

But yeah.... Chicago is her hometown and they have a little hometown theme going with Harper. A hometown player might not even want to leave Chicago. You might be onto something here.

Harper will not make this team. Only way she plays on opening day is if Sloot isn't available and CHI feels its best to get an exemption.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Shades wrote:
bullsky wrote:

BOOYAH!

But yeah.... Chicago is her hometown and they have a little hometown theme going with Harper. A hometown player might not even want to leave Chicago. You might be onto something here.

Harper will not make this team. Only way she plays on opening day is if Sloot isn't available and CHI feels its best to get an exemption.

Sad to say the truth...

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Yeah, it's been a whole month since Peters finished her season in Slovakia

Where she'd still be a useful player at 30% of the backup big she used to be.

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago Hooper, Jordan Waived
Chicago Ndour, Astou Suspended – Temporary*
Chicago Vandersloot, Courtney Suspended – Temporary*

toad455

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Sky have:

PG: Faulkner/Hopkins
SG: Quigley/Harper/Copper
SF: DeShields/Montgomery
PF: Parker/Bulgak/Williams
C: Dolson/Coates

Hopkins or Harper get cut when Vandersloot arrives.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/17/18 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So Sky have:

hey, who needs anybody who can shoot anyway?! Well, they still look good lined up against Indy...but that's about it.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So Sky have:

Williams not a PF

PostPosted: 05/17/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So Sky have:

Williams not a PF

They're overloaded at SF. I'm guessing Williams sees time at PF.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 05/17/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ndour - temporary suspension so I presume they must expect her back at some point. Can she play the 4 position?

tfan

PostPosted: 05/17/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
So Sky have:

Williams not a PF

They're overloaded at SF. I'm guessing Williams sees time at PF.

That had to be what Stocks was thinking when she picked Williams after signing Montgomery and picking DeShields. But the list of WNBA power forwards who were under 6 feet is short.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Ndour - temporary suspension so I presume they must expect her back at some point. Can she play the 4 position?

Yes, ideally. She's highly skilled for someone of her size but has a Bonneresque frame. No low post banging for her.

She's an intriguing prospect IMO but I have absolutely no clue what her status with the team is. You're right though, they re-signed her and then suspended her so probably going to get her back sometime this summer if all goes well. I'll try to find out for you good people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: