RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/14/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I'm assuming Schimmel was cut to make room for the arriving R. Allen so are these the 15 in camp?

Shoni was cut 2 days ago... Shocked Idea

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/14/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
If she ends up in NY, Kitija will have to get used to people calling her Latkes. Smile

I could see that as a promotion: Latkes with Laksa...

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I feel Coleman can bring more to the team than R. Allen, Faris or Murphy. Coleman may be a one year gap filler. Maybe we get our SF in next year's draft(Samuelson? Laksa?).

You would have to be terrible this year to be in the running for samuleson . Just my opinion . the 2 year record really hurts teams wanting to tank these days .

Yeah I think someone like Collier would be a more realistic target for NYL. And she's obviously one heck of a consolation prize if they do miss the playoffs.

Samuelson is for pro tankers only. Paws off!

I don't know, but if Ionescu enters early, Samuelson could drop to #4 if that's where the Liberty end up.

Ionescu cannot enter the draft early, I don't believe. She will turn 22 in December of 2019, so if I understand this correctly, she won't be eligible until 2020.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
toad455 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I feel Coleman can bring more to the team than R. Allen, Faris or Murphy. Coleman may be a one year gap filler. Maybe we get our SF in next year's draft(Samuelson? Laksa?).

You would have to be terrible this year to be in the running for samuleson . Just my opinion . the 2 year record really hurts teams wanting to tank these days .

Yeah I think someone like Collier would be a more realistic target for NYL. And she's obviously one heck of a consolation prize if they do miss the playoffs.

Samuelson is for pro tankers only. Paws off!

I don't know, but if Ionescu enters early, Samuelson could drop to #4 if that's where the Liberty end up.

Ionescu cannot enter the draft early, I don't believe. She will turn 22 in December of 2019, so if I understand this correctly, she won't be eligible until 2020.

Shes eligible for next years draft. Turns 22 in the calendar year of 2019.
December 6, 1997

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

.com season preview: New York Liberty

http://www.wnba.com/news/2018-season-preview-five-reasons-to-watch-the-new-york-liberty-work/

Quote:
The Liberty enter the 2018 season not only with a new coach, but with an ownership situation in flux as the Madison Square Garden Company will continue to operate the team while actively pursuing a sale to a new owner. Meanwhile, the team will now call The Westchester County Center (located in White Plains, N.Y.) its new primary home with select games to be played at The Garden. The Liberty open the season on the road in Chicago – where the Sky are also opening up a new home this season at Wintrust Arena – before returning to New York for the season opener in their new home in White Plains. The Liberty went 13-4 at home last season, compared to 9-8 on the road; can they keep that same home-court advantage in their new arena?

I'm going to say no.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault says a smaller venue gives you a greater home court advantage because the crowd will be louder.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/14/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Thibault says a smaller venue gives you a greater home court advantage because the crowd will be louder.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/14/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Yeah, no. Going from 10k at MSG to possibly 2k at WCC will be a big difference. And I probably won't be one of the 2k there even once.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/14/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I agree on Coleman. Coleman was on a terrible team last year. On NY, she may better be able to capitalize on the defensive attention paid to Tina. That doesn't mean I love the move. I just think she's better than Allen, especially in a playoff scenario where shooting 3s is important and Coleman has a history of success. Regarding Coleman and the roster as a whole, I was trying to make a larger point though, which I didn't do very well earlier.

I think Coleman is here precisely because Piph has a long-term injury. That's purely a guess with no basis other than logic. But think about it. If Piph is good to go and the Libs keep Coleman, that means Zahui (or Russell) has to go. If Zahui has to go that leaves NY with 4 posts not counting the alleged intent to use Coleman at the 4. Out of those 4 posts, one of them (Vaughn) will not be here to start the season. So that means the Libs are left with 3 posts, one being Russell. Does anyone seriously think that's a short-term or long-term option even when Kia returns? There's no chance. Even with Vaughn, who probably isn't going to be ready to play a whole bunch of minutes upon return, they're an injury away from having to play Russell 25 minutes a night. There's absolutely no chance in my opinion of that happening. So my thought is that one of Coleman or Zahui will get cut with the intent of bringing either back when Piph is legally considered injured long-term. In turn, Coleman makes sense because you can swing her between a few different wing positions and maybe even 4 spot (Katie's stated opinion, not mine) while you still have plenty of depth on the wing. In the event of another injury, Coleman does provide you with some versatility while being able to space the floor.

On Coleman being a one-year filler, by next year maybe Nurse will fill out in terms of muscle and be the answer at SF. She is otherwise a prototype with legit height, length, defensive acumen and hops to fill the role.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Cannon just got waived in PX. Would she be a better option in NY than Zahui B or Gray?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also not recommending this but didn't NY have a 3 post rotation in 2015 Charles, Swords and Stokes her rookie season?

toad455

PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So Cannon just got waived in PX. Would she be a better option in NY than Zahui B or Gray?

yes.

J-Spoon wrote:
Also not recommending this but didn't NY have a 3 post rotation in 2015 Charles, Swords and Stokes her rookie season?

No. They also had Warley-Talbert at center and Swin Cash backing up Charles at PF.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/14/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So this is just being crazy even though I think it makes sense for both teams

Rodgers and Boyd for Jefferson

(and sign Cannon)

Hartley/L. Allen/Jefferson (until healthy)
Nurse/Prince
Zellous/Coleman
Charles/Cannon
Stokes/Russell/Vaughn

Colson/Plum/Boyd (until healthy)
McBride/Rodgers
Young/Nared
Wilson/Park/Burdick
Swords/Bone

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/14/18 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So this is just being crazy even though I think it makes sense for both teams

Rodgers and Boyd for Jefferson

(and sign Cannon)

Hartley/L. Allen/Jefferson (until healthy)
Nurse/Prince
Zellous/Coleman
Charles/Cannon
Stokes/Russell/Vaughn

Colson/Plum/Boyd (until healthy)
McBride/Rodgers
Young/Nared
Wilson/Park/Burdick
Swords/Bone

The other young Prince got cut also, I liked her in college when she played at Baylor, that could be another option

Another note, Coffey had the second highest minutes last preseason game behind Wilson, i think she's got a good chance to make the team, Nared on the other hand had the lowest minutes last game. Either one if cut should be a option to pick up

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse Could be the next Katie Douglas.....Just a random thought and comparison as i watch replays of old WNBA games. Catch and KD were a great combo!

PostPosted: 05/15/18 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would just be nice to have an update on Boyd & Prince. If both are available, it makes the Liberty very guard heavy. It would also seem like keeping L. Allen instead of a 5th post would be unnecessary.

PG: Hartley/Boyd
SG: Rodgers/Prince/Nurse
SF: Zellous/Coleman
PF: Charles/Zahui B or Gray
C: Vaughn/Stokes/Russell

toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

based on the current media day pics, Boyd looks ready. No brace or anything . And Piph is in camp. So we're only missing Vaughn & R. Allen?

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/15/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Kia Nurse Could be the next Katie Douglas.....Just a random thought and comparison as i watch replays of old WNBA games. Catch and KD were a great combo!

I agree, Katie Douglas as the ceiling and Shenise Johnson as the floor. Nurse won't be a superstar, but assuming good health she'll range from solid to very good. And people should remember that Douglas didn't come flying out of the gate. Katie reached double-digit scoring in her 3rd year and became an All-Star in her 6th.

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith has told STH today that Boyd will be ready to play on Sunday. No status of Prince.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I agree, Katie Douglas as the ceiling and Shenise Johnson as the floor. Nurse won't be a superstar, but assuming good health she'll range from solid to very good. And people should remember that Douglas didn't come flying out of the gate. Katie reached double-digit scoring in her 3rd year and became an All-Star in her 6th.

I thought Katie Douglas could use her left hand, or am I getting my Katies mixed up.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Katie Smith has told STH today that Boyd will be ready to play on Sunday. No status of Prince.

You’re a season ticket holder? I thought you were boycotting the WCC.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I thought Katie Douglas could use her left hand, or am I getting my Katies mixed up.

Given that Katie Douglas is left-handed, yes she can use her left hand. Smile

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew there was a joke in there somewhere, maybe she can teach Nurse how to use hers Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So with Vaughn not arriving until after opening day we probably start something like this

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Rodgers/Nurse/Prince
Zellous/Coleman
Charles/Zahui B or Gray
Stokes/Russell

and then when Vaughn arrives and is activated we cut one of L. Allen or Zahui B/Gray if we think we can roll with 4 posts and Coleman

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you have to “activate” Vaughn by the 17th, unless you’ve stumbled upon some kind of exception for overseas players. I guess we’ll learn some things.

Dallas trimmed down to 12 players despite Plaisance not being able to play, so it looks like we were right about that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 54 of 90

Jump to: