RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mechelle Voepel's take on each team

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 05/14/18 4:30 pm    ::: Mechelle Voepel's take on each team Reply Reply with quote

Mechelle Voepel posted a story on ESPN on the best and worst case scenarios for each team.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/23497376/predicting-how-far-wnba-team-go-season

She gives 4 teams (LA, Minnesota, Connecticut and Phoenix) a chance to win the Championship, and 5 more teams a chance to make the semifinals. These are reasonable possibilities, if somewhat optimistic in a few cases.

The problem is that the worst case scenarios show only 4 teams that might miss the playoffs, the same four teams that missed last season. I guess she didn't want to get on the bad side of anyone. New York, Atlanta, Seattle, Washington, Dallas or Phoenix could easily miss the playoffs if their teams don't come together. I will be surprised if, barring injuries, the Sun, Lynx or Sparks aren't playing in September.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs is suppose to be Connecticut’s worst case scenario? I’d consider that the best case scenario.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She really expects Seattle to make the play-offs?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/14/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
She really expects Seattle to make the play-offs?

What’s crazy about that? They made it last year with a less talented roster than this year.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Voepel's take in general but would give both NY and ATL a better chance at getting to the finals than CT. I like ATL's chances over NY due to their firepower. If they stay healthy, I see no chance of Atlanta missing the playoffs at all.

PostPosted: 05/15/18 5:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
and even those teams who didn't make the playoffs last summer -- Atlanta, Chicago, Indiana and Las Vegas (then in San Antonio) -- have reasons to believe they can get back to the postseason

Sorry but i just dont see any reasons why Indiana and Las Vegas could possible think of making it back into the post season Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Tally24

PostPosted: 05/15/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Phoenix isn't quite as good defensively as it hopes to be and goes through some frustrating inconsistency on offense. The Mercury fall in the second round.”

This has described the Merc for as long as I have watched them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: