RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Aces @ Wings - 5/13/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/13/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DEcided to go to the game as our Mother is 900 miles away and we could call her on the way. Smile

Our observations: for all the purported drama queens/attitude issues/head cases/ball entitlement issues, we saw none. I watched a Wings team looking to share and having a great time together.

Liz Cambage is awesome, and she has instantly become my favorite player. Her string of O fouls were at the dirty play of Bone and the idiot sniveling of Bill laimbeer.

Azura Stevens is a stud! Her play all over the court is beautiful. She played the 3 the 4 on offense and defense. Frequently she drew Wilson and I’d say won the head-to-head battle on defense and offense. Totally excited for her potential but slightly nervous based on her collegiate reputation. I am inclined to believe that part of the issue at UConn is that Geno was trying to handcuff her abilities. She demonstrated poise, decision making restraint (except for one possible ill-advised shot that still rolled around the rim and nearly dropped) defense, rebounding prowess. The Sky is the limit, maybe intensity ( based on what I’ve read posted about her in college) is what hold’s her back.

Kayla Thornton, although only a +1 in the +/- is a beast and at this point for this team may be a better fit than Powers. We were commenting that it seems like we haven’t seen Powers since her rookie campaign so hopefully she’s improved and our recollection is a bit hazy. Defense and energy for her are through the roof.

Now they were saying we have one more cut. Going into the game I thought it’d be Breanna Lewis. But she looked leaner and stronger and played good defense. Hamblin is the only one who is slow and not a true athlete. Akhator seems to be in over her head and a redundancy. At least Ruth can shoot the 3 and clog the lane at the 5. Final cut should be akhator.

So excited for this season!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/13/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great analysis! Glad you went to the game thanks for the observation. Azura is a magician im so excited to have her in dallas. I disagree on thornton being a better fit i would not compare her production to powers. They're both effective in different ways. Bre lewis vs Hamblin should be the real discussion although evelyn continues to ride her free pass.

PostPosted: 05/13/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think there are still 2 cuts. Unless they suspend Plaisance for the season...

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/13/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas currently have 14 on the roster. Unless they full season suspend somebody, they should have two more cuts. IMO, it’s two more cuts between Shaqhator, Hamblin, and Lewis.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/16/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Niiiice photo #TheFuture of The W!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: