RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bethany Donaphin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/08/18 1:10 pm    ::: Bethany Donaphin Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/bethany-donaphin-named-head-of-wnba-league-operations/

Quote:
The WNBA announced today that Bethany Donaphin has been promoted to Head of WNBA League Operations. Donaphin, who has been serving as Associate Vice President, NBA Basketball Operations, will start her new position May 14. She will report to both Byron Spruell, President, NBA League Operations, and Ann Rodriguez, WNBA Chief Operating Officer (COO).

PostPosted: 05/08/18 2:18 pm    ::: Re: Bethany Donaphin Reply Reply with quote

Very cool!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/08/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow!

- Amanda Gorman
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still remember that game when she took the pass from Becky Hammon and hit that shot from the key to beat Detriot with seconds left in the game !
I was at MSG that night and the place was rocking ... maybe one of the best games with a great second half comeback by the Liberty

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/09/18 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
I still remember that game when she took the pass from Becky Hammon and hit that shot from the key to beat Detriot with seconds left in the game !
I was at MSG that night and the place was rocking ... maybe one of the best games with a great second half comeback by the Liberty

And I remember people on this board saying that if that was who it took to win they would rather have LOST than risk being forced to keep her!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sorry that's still a low point for me in my Lib fandom...still a point (and I consider that poster a friend to this day tho she hasn't been on the board in ages) where I was embarrassed to wear the colors cuz of their fans lol

In fact my twitter response was basically now she has a chance for revenge LOL another one I saw was we'll know who the fans will blame for all the libs problems LMAO

The way Donaphin was treated by fans...mostly as a whipping post for anger over the horrid way Tari Phillips was treated by Blaze was pretty bad ...glad she shook it off and went on thru the ranks of the league...and now is 2nd in command in an important role that really didn't get that filled by parry last year...It's a great spot for her and wish her nothing but the best.

But well I am a bit concerned given what happened LOL Told Keia Clarke better put her shot in EVERY history montage we produce from here on out...a little butt kissing never hurt and we need all the help we can get!

And well the alternative...hell hath no fury after all LOL

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
The way Donaphin was treated by fans...mostly as a whipping post for anger over the horrid way Tari Phillips was treated by Blaze was pretty bad

That never made any sense. Phillips was done a year before she left New York.

PostPosted: 05/13/18 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:

And I remember people on this board saying that if that was who it took to win they would rather have LOST than risk being forced to keep her!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes sorry that's still a low point for me in my Lib fandom...still a point (and I consider that poster a friend to this day tho she hasn't been on the board in ages) where I was embarrassed to wear the colors cuz of their fans lol

In fact my twitter response was basically now she has a chance for revenge LOL another one I saw was we'll know who the fans will blame for all the libs problems LMAO

The way Donaphin was treated by fans...mostly as a whipping post for anger over the horrid way Tari Phillips was treated by Blaze was pretty bad ...glad she shook it off and went on thru the ranks of the league...and now is 2nd in command in an important role that really didn't get that filled by parry last year...It's a great spot for her and wish her nothing but the best.

But well I am a bit concerned given what happened LOL Told Keia Clarke better put her shot in EVERY history montage we produce from here on out...a little butt kissing never hurt and we need all the help we can get!

And well the alternative...hell hath no fury after all LOL

It's not the only time I felt that fans would have preferred to lose without a certain player than win WITH a certain one. I never understood that particular way of thinking. But even at games with people who don't post here I've seen it. I feel like that could be a factor in the decline in attendance in certain places, where people who have attachments to players stop attending when those players stop playing.

Regarding a former player getting such a position, I think that's great. Hopefully a former player's insight will prove valuable in making the league grow.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: