RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Stocks is going to have trouble getting Williams minutes, maybe they'd be better off trading her?

What value would she have in your opinion Toad ? Maybe Gabby to NY for Stokes ? Sounds about fair ?

PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
If Stocks is going to have trouble getting Williams minutes, maybe they'd be better off trading her?

What value would she have in your opinion Toad ? Maybe Gabby to NY for Stokes ? Sounds about fair ?

Possibly. But Williams seems like she'd do well in Phoenix. Maybe Williams for their 1st rounder in 2019?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Possibly. But Williams seems like she'd do well in Phoenix. Maybe Williams for their 1st rounder in 2019?

That could be a good trade , If PHX thinks they will be at the bottom of the 1st round .

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Would it be ludicrous to keep her over another rookie drafted ?

Who's the other rookie that was drafted to keep Harper over?

Chicago did draft multiple rookies so idk why your wanting a specific person ? My words were "Another Rookie Drafted" . You can select whom you project , its not like its obvious or anything Cool

Huh? Confused

You said rookie, not rookies that's why I asked what rookie but I guess. Laughing

It was a simple yes or no question not a who's who Rolling Eyes

Oh my GOD, sorry for harassing you about a simple question. Laughing Confused

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or the Sky can just keep Williams, and you know, give her a couple of years to see how she pans out because everyone isn't an all star out the gate. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Or the Sky can just keep Williams, and you know, give her a couple of years to see how she pans out because everyone isn't an all star out the gate. Twisted Evil

A couple of years too see how she pans out Shocked ? So like another Kelly Faris situation ? Sorry just trying to see how long ? I say 1-2 seasons max , i highly doubt the value will get any higher if you wait to long to pull the trade trigger huh mav ? Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
A couple of years too see how she pans out Shocked ?

Yes, the Sky are going to suck anyway for a while so why not just let Williams grow, make some mistakes and see if she turns into something. I mean, I thought that’s how it normally works.

WNBA 09 wrote:
So like another Kelly Faris situation ?

Hey, we don’t know if it’s that situation until she plays more than one season, right?

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sorry just trying to see how long ? I say 1-2 seasons max

Two can be considered a couple, 09.

WNBA 09 wrote:
i highly doubt the value will get any higher if you wait to long to pull the trade trigger huh mav ? Laughing

Personally, I don’t want her to be traded. Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harper has been playing point guard FWIW and IMO not really that well. You can tell it's not her natural position. Stocks is constantly pulling her aside and fussing at her not to pick up her dribble, look for the roller, etc.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Harper has been playing point guard FWIW and IMO not really that well. You can tell it's not her natural position. Stocks is constantly pulling her aside and fussing at her not to pick up her dribble, look for the roller, etc.

Well at least shes producing something i guess. I dont see Harper as a PG neither , just a smaller version of Gabby with a bit more polished offensive game.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

That could be a good trade , If PHX thinks they will be at the bottom of the 1st round .

As a Phoenix fan, it’s a no from me.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

As a Phoenix fan, it’s a no from me.

Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will forever be scratching my head over the Sky taking Williams over Stevens (19 & 9 in her debut, and waaaaay better than anyone they currently have at the 4). Stupid to double up on one position when you could have filled holes at two.

It doesn't matter who starts with Dolson. They will be the worst in the league at their position.

Incredibly bad judgement.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 05/07/18 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One only has to have faith the size of a mustard seed to move a mountain.

PostPosted: 05/08/18 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering how poorly Copper played, are we to assume DeShields will be the starting SF come next weekend?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Considering how poorly Copper played, are we to assume DeShields will be the starting SF come next weekend?

DeShields is going to be at least a week behind most every other newcomer learning Stock’s system. If you are saying that’s an advantage for DeShields, that doesn’t say much about Stock’s system.

Oh well, I guess it’s about the long term outlook for Chicago.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I will forever be scratching my head over the Sky taking Williams over Stevens (19 & 9 in her debut, and waaaaay better than anyone they currently have at the 4). Stupid to double up on one position when you could have filled holes at two.

It doesn't matter who starts with Dolson. They will be the worst in the league at their position.

Don't worry, Stevens went to a team with really not much structure or team defense which benefitted her. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Don't worry, Stevens went to a team with really not much structure or team defense which benefitted her. Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

She also went to a team who will compete for a title this year.
Yay ! Cookies Cool

PostPosted: 05/08/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Yay ! Cookies Cool

Well, the Wings have some new pieces that need to get worked into the rotation. Let's see how well coach Williams handles this before claiming them as a title contender. Yes, on paper they have the talent to compete with anyone and should easily make the play-offs.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Yay ! Cookies Cool

Well, the Wings have some new pieces that need to get worked into the rotation. Let's see how well coach Williams handles this before claiming them as a title contender. Yes, on paper they have the talent to compete with anyone and should easily make the play-offs.

Were competing for a title, thats the goal . No more just "making" the playoffs we accomplished that last year.

PostPosted: 05/08/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yakin Dogu vs Cukurova game 3 live stream: http://www.trtspor.com.tr/canli-yayin-izle/trt-spor-159/

Live stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/TBF/871887/index_en_AU.html

Deshields went down early and had to be carried off the court, but returned later in the 1st quarter.

Last edited by sigur3 on 05/08/18 11:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Yay ! Cookies Cool

Thats what Liz will do for ya and I am looking forward to watching. Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

View from the Sky: Gabby Williams' WNBA rookie diary

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/view-from-the-sky-gabby-williams-wnba-rookie-diary/3443832/

Quote:
Kia Nurse, Azura Stevens and I have all gotten "welcomed" to the league. Mine was in practice the other day. Coach [Amber] Stocks got on me when we were doing a shell defense drill. She said, "You think you can guard Angel McCoughtry or Maya Moore like that?"

That's when I was like, "Man, that's really who I might have to guard pretty soon." My coaches at UConn would say things like that, but it was always hypothetical.

Now it's real.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/09/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe src="//content.jwplatform.com/players/rIwZsdAQ-BJLbQG6b.html" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

toad455

PostPosted: 05/10/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky waive Renee Bennett.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Sky waive Renee Bennett.

And Aramah Coleman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: