RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/28/18 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

BOOYAH!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/28/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Storm coach Dan Hughes eager to begin training camp

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/new-storm-coach-dan-hughes-eager-to-begin-training-camp/

Quote:
Hughes, who retained Kloppenburg as an assistant and added Crystal Robinson to his coaching staff, won’t have long to install his defensive-oriented system.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how perennial All-Star Sue Bird, shares the point-guard duties with No. 5 overall WNBA draft pick Jordin Canada. Seemingly, the 37-year-old Bird is still in her prime and she’s never averaged fewer than 28.6 minutes during her 16-year career.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/01/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EhLFD_D_xow" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allow full screen></iframe></embed>

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 05/01/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Modeled after Seattle’s Force 10, national women’s sports leagues start partnership to grow viewership

Quote:
Women’s sports leagues are banding together with a new initiative, SheIS.

Eight leagues, including the WNBA, U.S. Tennis Association, Women’s Pro Fastpitch League and Canadian Women’s Hockey, will try to help each other increase resources, viewership and attendance.

All the league commissioners signed a pledge and filmed a public service announcement promoting the effort. Those ads will start rolling out Tuesday.

“It’s a social media campaign for now but will grow,” Borders added. “This is only tier one.”

Does the SheIS initiative deserve its own thread? This seems like an extremely positive collaboration. I'll be interested to see how this increases the visibility of these leagues and their athletes as well as how the program expands into its next tier.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/01/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I immediately thought of the German scheisse...which is NOT a good association.

- Amanda Gorman
UK1996

PostPosted: 05/01/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Shades wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Peterson was a clear cut when they drafted Canada. Quinn will be the defacto 3rd PG.

Agreed...However, multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Why would they be against it? Peterson at #15 seemed like fair value. I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

whom has pokey spun into gold that was not already gold to begin with?

Didn’t SEA kick Quigley to the curb?
Didn’t Pokey stick with Vandersloot despite the first couple years of heavy angst from CHI fans?
Didn’t Pokey covert Faulkner from a third round pick to a guard that CHI fans refuse to deal?
Didn’t Pokey convert Poison into Perrier? (Wheeler reference)

I may be forgetting someone, but that’s not a bad collection right there.

those are not gold. they may be polished brass. but definitely not gold.

I beg to differ, Vandersloot is a top 5 point guard in the world and Quigley is a top 15 SG. Pokey an be criticized for a lot, but guard development is something that has excelled under her.

stever

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie tired of being 15-19:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/im-tired-of-being-15-19-says-storm-standout-breanna-stewart-looking-forward-to-her-3rd-wnba-season/

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
This week, the Storm plays two exhibitions (noon Tuesday at KeyArena and 7 p.m. Saturday in Phoenix) against the Mercury in which first-year coach Dan Hughes will unveil a new lineup featuring Stewart at small forward.

Stewart at the SF position. I hope that this will be in limited minutes because putting your best player at another position to accomodate other players is not really the way to go.

Quote:
“A lot of teams have a player that’s hard to match up with and Stewie is that player for us,” Hughes said. “So if we play her at the 3, there’s going to be some hard matchups.

“There’s already some hard matchups when we put her at the 4, but I want to invest in that hard-matchup thing and have a lineup where it’s a real challenge for them to put a 3 on Stewie.”

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See, I had no idea that article was so interesting so I didn’t bother going to it.

Quote:
“A lot of teams have a player that’s hard to match up with and Stewie is that player for us,” Hughes said. “So if we play her at the 3, there’s going to be some hard matchups.”

The Sparks had the same idea with Parker at the SF. That didn’t work out too well for them and they went back to the smaller lineup.

Quote:
Hughes is enamored with a big frontline that includes Stewart and forwards Crystal Langhorne (6-2) and Natasha Howard (6-2). He also plans to tinker with a lineup that has Stewart, Langhorne and 6-4 center Courtney Paris on the court.

Very interesting....

Dreaming of lottery picks. Surprised

toad455

PostPosted: 05/07/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle would have been better off trading Langhorne to Chicago for one of their centers. Or even Langhorne and the #5 for Coates and the #3?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 05/09/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm have waived Emily Potter.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 05/09/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone notice the Storm jersey’s have their team logo on the shoulder now? They weren’t there in pre-season photos of the players in the uniforms and now they are there during their pre-season game. I don’t think any other team has their team logo on the shoulder do they?

stever

PostPosted: 05/10/18 12:47 pm    ::: Young Storm stars are due for a breakout Reply Reply with quote

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/if-age-and-experience-mean-anything-young-storm-stars-are-due-for-pivotal-uptick/

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/10/18 1:10 pm    ::: Re: Young Storm stars are due for a breakout Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/if-age-and-experience-mean-anything-young-storm-stars-are-due-for-pivotal-uptick/

cute article. BS indeed! Laughing And they will need more than Paris and Howard to shore up their inside game.

- Amanda Gorman
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/10/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Anyone notice the Storm jersey’s have their team logo on the shoulder now? They weren’t there in pre-season photos of the players in the uniforms and now they are there during their pre-season game. I don’t think any other team has their team logo on the shoulder do they?

Looking at some pictures on instagram it looks like Minnesota does. Connecticut, New York, Dallas, Washington, Indiana and Phoenix don't appear to have anything on the left shoulder based on the pictures I saw. Las Vegas, Chicago and Atlanta has a logo that is different than their team logo on the left shoulder and I can't find any game pictures from LA from this year. Maybe it's a team choice.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/11/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Multi-year extension for Alysha Clark
http://storm.wnba.com/news/alysha-clark-inks-multi-year-extension-with-seattle/

pilight

PostPosted: 05/11/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark just bought a house

PostPosted: 05/11/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

she is the epitome of a Hughes' team player. Even if they find another SF starter, she will still be a very competent back up.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/12/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird/Canada
Loyd/Whitcomb/Schimmel
Stewart/Clark
Howard/Crvendakic
Langhorne/Paris

Myrtle, in order to add Schimmel and keep Hughes’ goofy notion of playing Stewart at SF, I figure some of your favorites would have to be dropped: Quinn, KML, and Muldrow. I suppose it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Then I figure they hope to get a decent free agent post player better than what they have left over now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/12/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad Muldrow got the opportunity but doubt she'll make the final roster...this year. Unless KML has slimmed down and can show she's actually good at what she's supposed to be good at (threes) she's pretty much extra as well. Quinn is good because of her versatility and size but is also by no means a lock especially now they have Canada to back up Sue. Not sure about Crvendakic either for that matter. She looked good in the overseas clips but looked lost in the few minutes of their first preseason game. That may have just been due to jetlag/lack of time with team - not sure when she arrived - or it may be that her game doesn't translate. Guess we'll get another look tomorrow. In general it's not like this team is loaded with locks. Oh, and Whitcomb is another bubbler IMO.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/12/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Then I figure they hope to get a decent free agent post player better than what they have left over now.

agree with this. They gotta find someone BIG out there.

To me, locks:

Birdy, Canada
Loyd
Clark
Stewie, Howard
Lang, Paris

Leaves lots of question marks.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/13/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assumed whichever of Hamlin or Lewis cut from Dallas would be the big for Seattle to take. Apparently it's Hamblin, so hopefully Dan realizes the need for some height since he essentially has three 6'2" posts plus Stewie who is not a C. [we know paris is only 6'4" if you add a couple of horizontal inches to her height]...

- Amanda Gorman
miller40

PostPosted: 05/13/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the chances of Shoni Schimmel landing in Seattle? IMO Shoni can probably offer everything KML can offer you, plus fans.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/13/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
What are the chances of Shoni Schimmel landing in Seattle? IMO Shoni can probably offer everything KML can offer you, plus fans.

yeah, but Schimmel hasn't played in two years while KML just recently played overseas. Being out of basketball for two years really had it's effect on Shoni. And not in a good way.

merlina

PostPosted: 05/13/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Was it in Seattle? I thought she posted about it before she got here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 13 of 20

Jump to: