Board Junkies Forums

Liberty vs Sparks - 5/08/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Kaylee Jensen putting up numbers like, "Maria who?"

I wonder whose most surprising to go undrafted she was?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse ain't playing around today. 18 points so far. Gray making up for yesterday with 8 points & 13 rebs.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Nurse going to be the ROY du jour.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Kolby Morgan getting some solid playing time. Yet not much happening for Schimmel. And it'll eat my Liberty towel if Coleman produces even 10/5 for us nightly.

It’ll have to be a table for two, as I was highly skeptical myself.

put another chair for table of 3 thank you, and a bottle of wine

Nurse is really beastin out here...can't wait to see her live! Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Looks like Nurse going to be the ROY du jour.

Depending how long Prince is out, she should she solid minutes. Especially if we still have '17 Rodgers shooting bricks.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Kolby Morgan getting some solid playing time. Yet not much happening for Schimmel. And it'll eat my Liberty towel if Coleman produces even 10/5 for us nightly.

Make sure this place serves crow, so zune can join you. Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to cut Gray. She's got 13rebs & 11pts right now.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/08/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Make sure this place serves crow, so zune can join you. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pasteurize

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie got a lot of flak here, so I'd just like to point out that she finished with 17 pts on 7-15 shooting (47%).

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so 13 of 33 Laughing Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
LA should keep Samuelson.She was great during last years preseason before she was injured...LA also needs to trade,buyout,or cut Pondexter....Just a terrible fit IMO

I'll be absolutely bloody stunned if Samuelson makes this roster. Having seen her play a couple of times for Great Britain, she was fine, but that was it. You really need to be able to do something else besides shoot threes to be a viable WNBA player.

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you can derive anything out of this game, Cappie, Carson, and probably Wiese are LAS keepers. They'd probably love to keep Thomas, but how do you do it? Do you keep her as your 5th post, thereby kicking Bass or whatever other possibility to the curb and restricting the guards + SF's to 7? Or do you make her an SF which, never mind Samuelson, means Wiese would probably have to go. Show me your LAS depth chart to demonstrate how it would work.

For the NYL, Coleman, Nurse, and probably LAllen are your keepers. Schimmel could be gone, which would be unfortunate for merch and ticket sales. Schimmel still has a huge following. What do you do with Faris, ignore?

toad455

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty situation depends on what they do with Prince & Boyd. If neither get suspended, they're stuck for 10 for the start of the season. If Boyd gets suspended for the season, they add in either Zahui B., or Gray for a fifth post.

PG: Hartley/LAllen
SG: Rodgers/Nurse
SF: Zellous/Coleman
PF: Charles/Vaughn
C: Stokes/Russell
IR: Prince/Boyd

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades you really pushing for LA to get rid of Thomas although i understand why you believe so but whats so foolish about them keeping Thomas and dumping possibly Carson ?

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing I don't understand why I would be eating crow shades.I have some doubts about Nurse getting her shot off at the pro level, but I'm still very high on her as a defender(sg)

Nurse made me a believer mid-way through the College basketball season:

zune69 wrote:
Nurse has really won me over.Kia's three point accuracy has really improved her chances of being a legit WNBA rotation player.She's not the biggest shooting guard.But I can run off a long list of SG's that are smaller.The way things are playing out,Kia could end up having a better WNBA career than Gabby.

Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 05/08/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you can derive anything out of this game, Cappie, Carson, and probably Wiese are LAS keepers. They'd probably love to keep Thomas, but how do you do it? Do you keep her as your 5th post, thereby kicking Bass or whatever other possibility to the curb and restricting the guards + SF's to 7? Or do you make her an SF which, never mind Samuelson, means Wiese would probably have to go. Show me your LAS depth chart to demonstrate how it would work.

Easy solution. Trade Shak to Atlanta for rights to Wallace. Laughing

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are on a roll Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Easy solution. Trade Shak to Atlanta for rights to Wallace. Laughing

Better than nothing. Don't you have any more pregnant players you could trade? Surprised

Randy

PostPosted: 05/08/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope not. I think the message was clear - get pregnant and you get out of town. Razz

willtalk

PostPosted: 05/09/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoni has been out to long for her to make a realistic comeback She would be best served to play over seas for at least one season before attempting to make it in the WNBA. Even if she were in excellent shape, you need to have competition to keep your skills at a high level. I doubt she got that playing at the level she played at these last few seasons.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 05/09/18 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tbh, Shoni should be cut this year. I never thought I'd say that, but she needs a hard lesson learned....she took the easy route last summer by taking what is equivalent to an unpaid leave of absence, but anyone who followed basketball closely knew what the writing on the wall was. Her getting cut might not be the worst thing though! There might be a team that might pick her up if injuries happen during the season for quick offense where playing defense for minutes wouldn't really matter.

jap

PostPosted: 05/09/18 5:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pasteurize wrote:
Cappie got a lot of flak here, so I'd just like to point out that she finished with 17 pts on 7-15 shooting (47%).

Don't pay attention to all the knee jerk reactions. Cappie is a veteran who knows how to get herself ready for meaningful games. Her greatest preparation will come when all the veterans are back, and they are all going full bore at each other in practice. I expect the Ladies of LaLa to be fully prepared for Minny on opening night.

Dang! Syd the Kid was one rebbie shy of a double double.! From zero points the night before to 13 points (5-12 from field & 3-8 from downtown). Plus, 9 rebbies, 4 assists and a steal. Keep eating those Wheaties, Syd! We need all the long range firepower we can get. One more pre-season game to go before the squad gets cut down to 12/11 players. Hang in there, Syd!!!

PostPosted: 05/09/18 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pasteurize wrote:

Nothing against Cappie.She's a top 20 all-time player.Some WNBA fans have a tendency to underrate her greatness,I'm not one of them.I just thought LA would've been better off acquiring a SF who can defend,or knock down the 3...I don't think another ball dominate guard is what LA needed.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/09/18 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pasteurize wrote:

Nothing against Cappie.She's a top 20 all-time player.Some WNBA fans have a tendency to underrate her greatness,I'm not one of them.I just thought LA would've been better off acquiring a SF who can defend,or knock down the 3...I don't think another ball dominate guard is what LA needed.

Like Coleman maybe? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: