RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/28/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louise Brown, a grad transfer from Washington State University,
will be at the University of Tennessee next year


Shocked Does...not...compute...


Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.


OK, whatever. Don't be surprised when she's not better than Dunbar.


+1



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1913



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dub sent you a DM.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4799
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Dub sent you a DM.


Who is this addressed to?



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
TechDawgMc



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 200
Location: Temple, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/18 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:
tfan wrote:
Natalie Chou was starting this year, but didn't regain her starting position after coming back from injury. Juicy Landrum was the player that got her starts and is in the same class as Chou. Since Chou was on the 2014 USA Basketball U17 team, and ranked #8 overall by Hoopgurlz and #2 at her position, she probably doesn't want to come off the bench for her final 2 years. But she is listed as a 6'1" guard, and the starting small forward graduated, so conceivably she could be the starting small forward.


Chou never really came back from injury. She was never full strength or even close to it. Until the injury she was the clear starter. Kim never seemed to have the same confidence in Landrum that she had in Chou. I doubt Chou would lose her starting spot to Landrum, though Jackson might be a very different question.

If a Baylor player leaves, I think it's more likely to be Ursin


Yea what happened with Ursin this past season?? She was suppose to be best thing to come out of Louisiana 😉 The two games I saw her play in HS she didnt impressed me at all. Tulane could use her!!


Well, she was a freshman on a crowded team. What most people seemed to think (I just didn't get to watch enough games this year) was that Ursin didn't play defense well enough to suit Mulkey.


~UK~



Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Posts: 302



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yacine Diop(Pitt) to Louisville

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/Pittsburghs-leading-scorer-and-rebounder-Yacine-Diop-has-committed-to-the-University-of-Louisville-as-a-graduate-transfer-117852450


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17028
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
Yacine Diop(Pitt) to Louisville

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/Article/Pittsburghs-leading-scorer-and-rebounder-Yacine-Diop-has-committed-to-the-University-of-Louisville-as-a-graduate-transfer-117852450


Louisville's biggest loss (and basically only significant loss) was at forward, with Hines-Allen graduation. Adding Diop to the returning starters closes the gap between Louisville and Notre Dame for ACC supremacy. ND is still #1 in the ACC (preseason), but Louisville has definitely closed the margin with Diop's signing.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4290
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/18 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Louise Brown, a grad transfer from Washington State University,
will be at the University of Tennessee next year


Shocked Does...not...compute...


Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.


OK, whatever. Don't be surprised when she's not better than Dunbar.


+1


She'll be marginally better, only because she played a ton and has more in-game experience than Dunbar. I think the place where she'll really help the Lady Vols is in rebounding.


mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 3083
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/01/18 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Per Raoul_000's tweet, KeAsja Peace will not be returning to Michigan. This makes sense as she's received little playing time. She was not at U-M's banquet, so I'm guessing this has been pending for a bit.

Bio:
http://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14047


Houston is getting Peace.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danni Williams decision will be coming soon . Looks like she wont be going too far away from college station .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Williams’ father, she has taken visits to UConn & Texas and has talked to Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville, UCLA & Oregon


http://www.theeagle.com/aggie_sports/a-m-s-williams-announces-she-s-leaving-texas-a/article_887b3b28-4e3d-11e8-9fa4-ff4c6c56299b.html

She visited UConn along with A&M forward Anriel Howard who soon is expected to announce where she’s transferring, possibly on her 21st birthday which is Sunday.

Quote:
Williams has talked with Mississippi State, South Carolina, Louisville and UCLA, said her father.

Williams' family, residents of Clovis, N.M., have made an effort to attend a majority of A&M’s home games during Williams' career. However, proximity to home isn't necessarily a top priority for her final season, Regan Williams said.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48613



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/02/18 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.


The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.


The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.


That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1913



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/03/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promises never kept and too much attention on one player. OR was a good TEAM and she was a very big part due to passing and shot from the high post.


joetro



Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 328



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6581



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.


What is that approach characterized by?


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3502



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:
Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.


What is that approach characterized by?


Over-recruiting and just dealing with (and perhaps sometimes encouraging) the transfers.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:
Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.


What is that approach characterized by?


Over-recruiting and just dealing with (and perhaps sometimes encouraging) the transfers.


He pretty much started from ground zero. Do you expect him to recruit one or two players and then, if nobody comes, he's stuck with nothing? He can now afford to act like a 'top' program and pick and choose a little more. Two years ago, for example, I'm pretty sure he didn't expect all 4 bigs to say 'yes' to offers. I haven't heard anything about encouraging transfers.

I think two of those transfers were actually pretty good cogs in the machine. And especially the loss of McGwire is not good for the program as she is the one who could bang with the truly big posts out there in ncaa bball land. On the other hand, I can understand her wanting to go somewhere she will get much more playing time and probably be the whole focus. McGwires are not known for sitting on the sidelines.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3502



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
tfan wrote:
joetro wrote:
Graves seems to be taking the Walz and Mulkey approach to recruiting. Not a fan.


What is that approach characterized by?


Over-recruiting and just dealing with (and perhaps sometimes encouraging) the transfers.


He pretty much started from ground zero. Do you expect him to recruit one or two players and then, if nobody comes, he's stuck with nothing? He can now afford to act like a 'top' program and pick and choose a little more. Two years ago, for example, I'm pretty sure he didn't expect all 4 bigs to say 'yes' to offers. I haven't heard anything about encouraging transfers.

I think two of those transfers were actually pretty good cogs in the machine. And especially the loss of McGwire is not good for the program as she is the one who could bang with the truly big posts out there in ncaa bball land. On the other hand, I can understand her wanting to go somewhere she will get much more playing time and probably be the whole focus. McGwires are not known for sitting on the sidelines.

I didn't mean to imply that Graves was following the whole playbook, but rather I trying to define what I thought joetro meant by the Walz/Mulkey approach to recruiting.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 4893
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure what "over-recruiting" means, especially to different people, but what's the evidence that Mulkey and Walz over-recruit and encourage transfers?
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48613



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm not sure what "over-recruiting" means, especially to different people, but what's the evidence that Mulkey and Walz over-recruit and encourage transfers?


I’m not sure what coach from a prominent team doesn’t over-recruit. They all have a lot riding on keeping their teams on top.

Frese promised Carlie Wagner she would start as a freshman. There was little to no way that was going to happen. I suspect these kind of promises are made and broken all the time by all the top coaches.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
joetro



Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 328



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm not sure what "over-recruiting" means, especially to different people, but what's the evidence that Mulkey and Walz over-recruit and encourage transfers?


I’m not sure what coach from a prominent team doesn’t over-recruit. They all have a lot riding on keeping their teams on top.

Frese promised Carlie Wagner she would start as a freshman. There was little to no way that was going to happen. I suspect these kind of promises are made and broken all the time by all the top coaches.


Wow frese really gave that pitch to get her to come to Maryland instead of Minnesota ? Shocked Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 97



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kg is very cutthroat...he's had shades of it for yrs but true colors shining thru....

my hope?...recruits start asking themselves do they want to be the next bench warmer while the coaches get the new flavor of the month?....


and I hope Oregon state kicks their arse next year.....


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:


my hope?...recruits start asking themselves do they want to be the next bench warmer while the coaches get the new flavor of the month?....



I've thought that for years about UConn...but they keep on coming. I guess they like getting the championship even if it is sitting on their butts. Actually I think it is that they all think they are good enough and will be the starter. It happens with all the top programs, so am guessing Graves is happy to be put in that category. What seems to be changing is that more of the kids are transferring out when they realize they will never be starters.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 485
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/18 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.


The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.


That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.

I think the penalty for transferring to another Pac 12 team was too high. I sort of saw this coming once Sabally came into the program. Satou's offensive skill set made Mallory obsolete offensively and her lack of mobility was always a liability on defense. Not really a banger, for her size she was not a good rebounder or low post player offensively or defensively. With the other Sabally coming in and Boley becoming eligible her already diminishing court time was set to shrink even more. The player they will eventually miss the most will be Ayuso once Carzola graduates.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3753
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrong thread.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13631
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/06/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest


Do you mean over offering or over accepting commits? Because I can't believe there is a coach that doesn't over offer based on the fact that not every player they recruit is going to commit to them. Look at how many schools are in the top 5 for players, if the 4 schools that aren't picked didn't offer other players for that spot they'd be screwed because now they haven't offered any other players.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4849



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies



_________________
neverthless she persisted
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies


Saw that coming , not far from College station at all .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
TechDawgMc



Joined: 12 Aug 2010
Posts: 200
Location: Temple, TX


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
joetro wrote:
That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest


Do you mean over offering or over accepting commits? Because I can't believe there is a coach that doesn't over offer based on the fact that not every player they recruit is going to commit to them. Look at how many schools are in the top 5 for players, if the 4 schools that aren't picked didn't offer other players for that spot they'd be screwed because now they haven't offered any other players.


Survival of the fittest is the nature of sport. Kim, for instance, never even fills all of her scholarship spots--so there's no way you could accuse her of over accepting commits. And, frankly, given the kinds of things she regularly says I very much doubt she's telling anyone that they can start immediately -- she probably tells them they have the chance to earn it, but I'm doubtful that any coach says "well, no, you'll have to sit as a freshman"


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2324
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue bringing in 2 transfers, one from Texas Tech and the other from Pacific:

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2018/05/06/purdue-womens-basketball-adds-texas-tech-transfer/584830002/

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2018/05/06/pacific-transfer-join-purdue-womens-basketball-program/585206002/


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 1913



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies


Saw that coming , not far from College station at all .


Was it Chou W?


stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6477
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:48 pm    ::: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48613



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:10 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html


BOOYAH!



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies


Saw that coming , not far from College station at all .


Was it Chou W?


Welp Nix your hunch was correct the entire time, I tried to keep the noise low but its official .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol


Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/07/18 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:33 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html


BOOYAH!


This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3311
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:08 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html


BOOYAH!


This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.


Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration. Very Happy


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 48613



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:24 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html


BOOYAH!


This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.


Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration.


Well if it was so obvious why didn't you call it, genius? If you don't have the guts to make a call, don't be a heckler either.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 445



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chou goes to UCLA. Academic but also seemed to have a still good relationship with Coach Close.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4290
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I think Chou goes to UCLA. Academic but also seemed to have a still good relationship with Coach Close.


I think there's a good chance of that unless she wants to be close to home so her mom could see her play.

UCLA did recruit her heavily though. They certainly could use the three-point shooting.


LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 445



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the handshake line in Westwood, Coach Close hugged both Chou and Morris, two players who didn't choose UCLA. Actually, Morris did but reneged. I thought it was a classy gesture as she also spoke to both of them at that time.


patsweetpat



Joined: 14 Jul 2010
Posts: 2063
Location: Culver City, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
In the handshake line in Westwood, Coach Close hugged both Chou and Morris, two players who didn't choose UCLA. Actually, Morris did but reneged. I thought it was a classy gesture as she also spoke to both of them at that time.


I noticed that too. Definitely remember that.


LitePal



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Posts: 445



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just looked at Chou's bio and she appears to be an excellent student. Could she potentially transfer to Stanford?


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:44 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html


BOOYAH!


This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.


Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration.


Well if it was so obvious why didn't you call it, genius? If you don't have the guts to make a call, don't be a heckler either.



Welp sorry shades , Thanks space! Embarassed



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol


Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/07/18 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3311
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:04 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp just because i didnt make a post about it doesnt mean i didnt call it. This one was pretty obvious as discussed in a few DM's sorry you were not one of them but congrats anywho. No big deal


He was talking to me, not you.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7008
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:21 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp just because i didnt make a post about it doesnt mean i didnt call it. This one was pretty obvious as discussed in a few DM's sorry you were not one of them but congrats anywho. No big deal


He was talking to me, not you.


Sorry shades , Thanks space. 1 too many for tonight.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22739



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I just looked at Chou's bio and she appears to be an excellent student. Could she potentially transfer to Stanford?


transfers to Stanford are just about impossible. Plus we have no scholies.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6581



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.


The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.


That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.


She's from Reno, Nevada. Why California, versus the other Pac-12 states?


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9029



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/18 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chou is a good player, obviously, and will be a big help wherever she lands.

The Pac-12 is a strong league, with good programs and many with strong to very strong academics -- and if that's important, it would be no surprise if she wound up at UCLA or Cal or wherever. Then again, she'd fit pretty much anywhere, so it's really her choice, and her priorities.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin