RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dream @ Sky - 5/06/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
What position did Gabby play in her 13 minutes tonight. Serious question?

SF

BallState1984 wrote:

The Sky's new digs are pretty nice. Thre is not a bad seat in the house and it is intimate enough to have everyone close to the game. My suggestion for out of towners like me is to not trust your GPS but to know Wintrust is On Cermak Road just west of McCormick Place complex if you are coming in for the first time. They do have parking deals for Sky games which make it almost reasonable. IIRC, parking for the home opener is $20.

There are parking meters all over the place in that area and they don't charge you to park on Sundays. If you are comfortable with it, I would highly recommend just parking on the street and walking a couple blocks if you're gong to a Sunday game.

ucbart

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Has the "best athlete in women's or men's college basketball" (Doris Burke, Jay Bilas) had a triple-double yet or otherwise changed the game with jaw-dropping plays?

If not, give her time.

Is your soul purpose on these boards just to instigate people into UCONN bashing? It seems as though it's all you do.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Quote:
6.I'm very high on Billings.She reminds me of a young Dennis Rodman.

So good news for Atlanta. Is it possible it IS Dennis Rodman? He used to go around in drag a lot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dennis+Rodman+in+drag&client=ubuntu&hs=AV2&channel=fs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSiavByfPaAhXK34MKHSMCBnMQsAQIKA&biw=1451&bih=722

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
People its a pre season game. Relex.

Now you know this board wouldn't be as fun if people weren't overreacting and basing their opinion off of ONE preseason game. Especially the people who want seem right so badly.. Embarassed Laughing

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Now you know this board wouldn't be as fun if people weren't overreacting and basing their opinion off of ONE preseason game. Especially the people who want seem right so badly.. Embarassed Laughing

C'mon - preseason games mean a lot. Had it not been for Courtney Clements two monster games, she would have never made the team and the Dream would have never gotten Swin Cash.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Has the "best athlete in women's or men's college basketball" (Doris Burke, Jay Bilas) had a triple-double yet or otherwise changed the game with jaw-dropping plays?

If not, give her time.

Is your soul purpose on these boards just to instigate people into UCONN bashing? It seems as though it's all you do.

Upset much ? Anyone who seems to have a bad comment to say about a UCONN player always seems to get under your skin. Its okay , this is just pre-season . She will flourish in the regular season Cool Cool

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bart and Glenn, love both of you guys but it's not the end of the world for either to question a situation.

I was a Williams fan but I am not going to say that her game will automatically translate to the W. An athlete without the necessary skill for the position she will have to play to be viable, will take some time, if it is going to be achieved. Sometimes too many people put too much emphasis on athleticism, which means nothing if you don't have IQ smarts and work ethic and another skill. Gabby does have passing ability. The question will be if it translates to where she will have to play. Her passing came from the high post and she may not be in that position in the W. Time will tell if the coach is able to develop her game to fit, and remember, the coach also has a lot to do with whether a player develops any, which is why players with multiple skills and high IQ, have a better chance in the W.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

C'mon - preseason games mean a lot. Had it not been for Courtney Clements two monster games, she would have never made the team and the Dream would have never gotten Swin Cash.

Clements was a great pick up for us, should've signed her to a max deal.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:
6.I'm very high on Billings.She reminds me of a young Dennis Rodman.

So good news for Atlanta. Is it possible it IS Dennis Rodman? He used to go around in drag a lot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dennis+Rodman+in+drag&client=ubuntu&hs=AV2&channel=fs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSiavByfPaAhXK34MKHSMCBnMQsAQIKA&biw=1451&bih=722

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/07/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

The exaggeration is real! Laughing People are literally already giving the Sky the #1 pick over one game. Isn't it a bad omen to win preseason games anyway? I'm not panicking. Half of that team will be cut. My only concerns is Coates looking a bit out of shape? But she's coming off of an injury and family tragedy so I'm giving her time..

PostPosted: 05/17/18 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Game 1 vs Atlanta Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: