RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willtalk

PostPosted: 05/06/18 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.

The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.

That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.

I think the penalty for transferring to another Pac 12 team was too high. I sort of saw this coming once Sabally came into the program. Satou's offensive skill set made Mallory obsolete offensively and her lack of mobility was always a liability on defense. Not really a banger, for her size she was not a good rebounder or low post player offensively or defensively. With the other Sabally coming in and Boley becoming eligible her already diminishing court time was set to shrink even more. The player they will eventually miss the most will be Ayuso once Carzola graduates.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 05/06/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrong thread.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/06/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest

Do you mean over offering or over accepting commits? Because I can't believe there is a coach that doesn't over offer based on the fact that not every player they recruit is going to commit to them. Look at how many schools are in the top 5 for players, if the 4 schools that aren't picked didn't offer other players for that spot they'd be screwed because now they haven't offered any other players.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23430820/danni-williams-transfers-texas-longhorns-texas-aggies

Saw that coming , not far from College station at all .

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
joetro wrote:
That’s what I meant. Over-offering and then survival of fittest

Do you mean over offering or over accepting commits? Because I can't believe there is a coach that doesn't over offer based on the fact that not every player they recruit is going to commit to them. Look at how many schools are in the top 5 for players, if the 4 schools that aren't picked didn't offer other players for that spot they'd be screwed because now they haven't offered any other players.

Survival of the fittest is the nature of sport. Kim, for instance, never even fills all of her scholarship spots--so there's no way you could accuse her of over accepting commits. And, frankly, given the kinds of things she regularly says I very much doubt she's telling anyone that they can start immediately -- she probably tells them they have the chance to earn it, but I'm doubtful that any coach says "well, no, you'll have to sit as a freshman"

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 05/07/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue bringing in 2 transfers, one from Texas Tech and the other from Pacific:

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2018/05/06/purdue-womens-basketball-adds-texas-tech-transfer/584830002/

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2018/05/06/pacific-transfer-join-purdue-womens-basketball-program/585206002/

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 05/07/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

Was it Chou W?

stever

PostPosted: 05/07/18 5:48 pm    ::: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html

Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:10 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/lady_bears_basketball/natalie-chou-to-transfer-from-baylor/article_4157278f-0e04-5f10-a9d4-02300d8c2865.html

BOOYAH!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Williams to Texas.

Was it Chou W?

Welp Nix your hunch was correct the entire time, I tried to keep the noise low but its official .

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/07/18 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 6:33 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

BOOYAH!

This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:08 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

BOOYAH!

This really was not a secret at all , just kept information under wraps as asked by administration in Waco and Family and friends from Plano . Sad to see Nat Nat go , but it was expected. She almost turned the corner and chose to stick it out , but once again Writings were on the wall with Jackson coming as a Grad Trans and the new frosh class coming 5 deep.

Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration. Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 05/07/18 7:24 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

BOOYAH!

Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration.

Well if it was so obvious why didn't you call it, genius? If you don't have the guts to make a call, don't be a heckler either.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
LitePal

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chou goes to UCLA. Academic but also seemed to have a still good relationship with Coach Close.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I think Chou goes to UCLA. Academic but also seemed to have a still good relationship with Coach Close.

I think there's a good chance of that unless she wants to be close to home so her mom could see her play.

UCLA did recruit her heavily though. They certainly could use the three-point shooting.

LitePal

PostPosted: 05/07/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the handshake line in Westwood, Coach Close hugged both Chou and Morris, two players who didn't choose UCLA. Actually, Morris did but reneged. I thought it was a classy gesture as she also spoke to both of them at that time.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
In the handshake line in Westwood, Coach Close hugged both Chou and Morris, two players who didn't choose UCLA. Actually, Morris did but reneged. I thought it was a classy gesture as she also spoke to both of them at that time.

I noticed that too. Definitely remember that.

LitePal

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just looked at Chou's bio and she appears to be an excellent student. Could she potentially transfer to Stanford?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 9:44 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

BOOYAH!

Shades could guess the Sun will rise tomorrow morning and when he's correct do his BOOYAH! celebration.

Well if it was so obvious why didn't you call it, genius? If you don't have the guts to make a call, don't be a heckler either.

Welp sorry shades , Thanks space! Embarassed

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/07/18 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/07/18 10:04 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp just because i didnt make a post about it doesnt mean i didnt call it. This one was pretty obvious as discussed in a few DM's sorry you were not one of them but congrats anywho. No big deal

He was talking to me, not you.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:21 pm    ::: Re: Chou leaving Baylor Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp just because i didnt make a post about it doesnt mean i didnt call it. This one was pretty obvious as discussed in a few DM's sorry you were not one of them but congrats anywho. No big deal

He was talking to me, not you.

Sorry shades , Thanks space. 1 too many for tonight.

PostPosted: 05/07/18 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
I just looked at Chou's bio and she appears to be an excellent student. Could she potentially transfer to Stanford?

transfers to Stanford are just about impossible. Plus we have no scholies.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 05/08/18 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Mallory McGwire transferring from Oregon to Boise St.

The writings were on the wall. She was a nice big body for the team though.

That one makes me sad. She was an integral part of the team. Too bad. And I'm surprised she didn't transfer to one of the California teams.

She's from Reno, Nevada. Why California, versus the other Pac-12 states?

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/08/18 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chou is a good player, obviously, and will be a big help wherever she lands.

The Pac-12 is a strong league, with good programs and many with strong to very strong academics -- and if that's important, it would be no surprise if she wound up at UCLA or Cal or wherever. Then again, she'd fit pretty much anywhere, so it's really her choice, and her priorities.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 12 of 37

Jump to: