Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/28/18 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sparks sign Kaylee Jensen, Taya Reimer, and Kathryn Westbeld

Odd they're announcing Jensen signing again. Wasn't she signed right after the draft?

I thought that was Kaylee Johnson. Maybe the Sparks signed both.

PostPosted: 04/29/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As we expected, Beard WILL be in camp: https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/26/los-angeles-sparks-finalize-training-camp-roster/

Whoever kept leaving her off needs a demerit Razz Laughing

CompSci87

PostPosted: 04/29/18 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sparks sign Kaylee Jensen, Taya Reimer, and Kathryn Westbeld

Odd they're announcing Jensen signing again. Wasn't she signed right after the draft?

I thought that was Kaylee Johnson. Maybe the Sparks signed both.

With her knee issues, I didn't think Stanford's Kaylee Johnson was planning to play pro.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
As we expected, Beard WILL be in camp: https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/26/los-angeles-sparks-finalize-training-camp-roster/

Whoever kept leaving her off needs a demerit Razz Laughing
Good to know I was starting to wonder if something shady was going on.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/30/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word around the Twitterverse is TJ accepted the assistant coaching job at Texas

PostPosted: 04/30/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Jackson just announced her retirement on Instagram.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/30/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Yes was a very nice read. She had a nice career lasted longer than expected. 10 whole seasons. Congrats Tiff you made Dallas proud!

PostPosted: 04/30/18 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah huge congrats to TJ.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/02/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Is Candace Parker's Post Move a Travel? Question Shocked
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwNi3fDT1j8?start=2824" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe> Twisted Evil

For the record, it's not in my eyes Razz

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing
I agree but she did get call for a travel on that same move in a gm before.Only problem with that move is what if the defender doesnt fall for the pump fake then they can guard you straight up or block the drive. KG & CP are funny everytime she's on the show they bring up this move lol.Turkey fans are out of control setting coins on fire & throwing them at court smh lol. Who is the player that throws elbows CP? Why do I feel she was talking about Glory Laughing

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/02/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwNi3fDT1j8?start=2824" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe> Twisted Evil

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing
I agree but she did get call for a travel on that same move in a gm before.Only problem with that move is what if the defender doesnt fall for the pump fake then they can guard you straight up or block the drive. KG & CP are funny everytime she's on the show they bring up this move lol.Turkey fans are out of control setting coins on fire & throwing them at court smh lol. Who is the player that throws elbows CP? Why do I feel she was talking about Glory Laughing

They are so ridiculous! Laughing Laughing Why did she go all off into that other room still yelling "That is not a travel"?! Laughing Indeed, those Turkish fans are no joke! lol! I'd only seen clips of this before bc it's so darn long. Where did she mention elbows?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/02/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Yes was a very nice read. She had a nice career lasted longer than expected. 10 whole seasons. Congrats Tiff you made Dallas proud!

Yes indeed! I'm so happy for her!

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing

They are so ridiculous! Laughing Laughing Why did she go all off into that other room still yelling "That is not a travel"?! Laughing Indeed, those Turkish fans are no joke! lol! I'd only seen clips of this before bc it's so darn long. Where did she mention elbows?
lmao She went to that other room like she really got called for travel. Around the 41 mark when they were talking about protecting yourself in the post.She also said if her teammate started a fight she gonna stand back & see what they gonna do Laughing basically saying dont start some mess & expect me to back u up.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/04/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing

lmao She went to that other room like she really got called for travel. Around the 41 mark when they were talking about protecting yourself in the post.She also said if her teammate started a fight she gonna stand back & see what they gonna do Laughing basically saying dont start some mess & expect me to back u up.

Laughing Yeah, I think she may have been talking about Glo, but who knows. If you ever just watch the post players jockeying for position, it always looks like a fight is about the break out! Laughing The fellas were basically like, all is fair in bball! Truly, it can be hard to tell whether something is on purpose or not bc clearly there is a lot going on in their heads when they're out there. I think I may have to watch this whole thing at some point. They were a really good trio!

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 05/05/18 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/05/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@WfanFrJump.
CP & KG are entertaining together & the producers of Area21 knows it too which is why they had her on a couple times.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/05/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
@WfanFrJump.
CP & KG are entertaining together & the producers of Area21 knows it too which is why they had her on a couple times.

Yes indeed!

jap

PostPosted: 05/05/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our three Queens . . . Candace (2-time MVP), Nneka (1-time MVP), and Alana (reigning defensive player of the year) . . . will need to be donning their red capes on a game by game basis this season and show their younger charges how to play with a championship strut every single contest. It's time for Chelsea and Odyssey to get much more consistent with their play.

Essence's playing time will rise or fall depending on her offensive consistency as Odyssey has proven to be more explosive in that regard although Essence still is more supreme defensively.

Cappie is playing on the west coast for the first time in her career. Will the dominating front court of the Sparks reignite her downtown shooting game? Will her (hopefully) reignited downtown game open up more opportunities in the paint for her taller teammates?

Jantel's shooting consistency also fell by the wayside somewhat last season, so those long two's & occasional treys need to be resurrected as the classic Jantel 'layups' once more. Jantel averaged over 10 rebbies a game throughout her collegiate career but she seems to have surrendered those to CP3 & Nneka as she has allowed her pro defensive game to to become far too passive. Will Brian light a fire underneath her this season, or is he satisfied with what she brings to the team?

I don't know what Brian's plans for Riquna are, but, if she is indeed staying with the U.S.S. Sparks, then she needs to channel all the incredible leaping ability & those fantastic bursts of electric speed into game winning efforts. It's now been some 2--2.5 years since she tore the ACL and any lingering effects affecting re-acclimation should have worn off by now. When she is hot offensively she can be extremely torrid. However, can Riquna evolve into a defensive nightmare . . . for her opponents rather than her teammates?

Ana has returned with her eternal smile & her sweet tooth. Will her at times unconventional play continue to discombobulate opponents without disturbing her teammates? Will her downtown stroke become deadly consistent again as it was in 2015, providing more opportunities for the big girls in the paint?

Sydney 'Syd the Kid' Wiese is no longer the baby of the team. Her lightning quick release allowed her to be deadly in spots from downtown last season. However, she needs to improve her foot speed to gain separation at the pro level so she can become even more deadly. Has she been working on this as well as her defensive game so she can earn more playing time and help give the starters much needed rest?

Maria Vadeeva is the new baby girl . . . all 6-feet, 4-inches of her . . . and she arrives choke-full of solid fundamental play that has Brian excited. Will our coach be able to help her improve her overall game this season? Will she be able to gain enough playing time to even have the chance for substantial improvement given Brian's reluctance to employ rookies & young kids without much pro experience on his court? Of course, Maria already has pro experience internationally despite her 20 years, and I have never seen Brian display as much enthusiasm as he has over a young player's potential before.

If we can load the court with a dynamic bench to go with our all star starting group we can keep everyone relatively fresh and in tune with their playing potential all season long. That way will go a long way towards establishing another championship season.

PostPosted: 05/05/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie played in phoniex for many years won 2 championships with that franchise its not her first time playing in the west

Shades

PostPosted: 05/05/18 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindstrom and Bando waived today for the Sparks.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/05/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how has no one from the Sparks camp been waived yet?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Mirage

PostPosted: 05/05/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to the Sparks open practice today. Of the rookies in camp, I thought that Shakala Thomas was the most impressive by far. Good handle and great athleticism.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/05/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
I went to the Sparks open practice today. Of the rookies in camp, I thought that Shakala Thomas was the most impressive by far. Good handle and great athleticism.

Nice! Thanks for the checking in! Were the vets scrimmaging too? Was Cappie flowing well? How did Syd, Mistie and Essence look? Do you think McCarty has a chance?

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 05/05/18 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 05/05/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:

Thanks for letting Atlanta know.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jap

PostPosted: 05/05/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparksfan wrote:
Cappie played in phoenix for many years won 2 championships with that franchise its not her first time playing in the west

I am well aware of that, and Phoenix is not the "west coast" as I stated earlier. Many tend to refer to playing in Phoenix as playing "in the desert." (IOW, well removed from major sources of free standing H2O.)

PostPosted: 05/05/18 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding Sparks open practice. Syd passed well and played solid defense but wasn't hitting her 3s. Essence looked very good. She shut down the unlucky guy (male practice team) she was covering. Cappie looked fine. Misty had one great block of a taller man. I didn't think any of the other players except Shakala looked like they might make the team. Shakala reminded me a bit of Essence in her determination and strength.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/06/18 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
Regarding Sparks open practice. Syd passed well and played solid defense but wasn't hitting her 3s. Essence looked very good. She shut down the unlucky guy (male practice team) she was covering. Cappie looked fine. Misty had one great block of a taller man. I didn't think any of the other players except Shakala looked like they might make the team. Shakala reminded me a bit of Essence in her determination and strength.

Gotcha on Shakayla! Great to hear about Essence! I'm hoping she is fully back to her pre-injury form. No more leaving Essence open bc she will burn you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 11 of 22

Jump to: