Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cant wait til May 20th ! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if there's a chance any of the preseason games at Mohegan Sun will air possibly on Facebook Live or Twitter? Really want a glimpse of this team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Facebook and Twitter don’t produce games. They need a feed supplied by whoever does produce the games, and preseason games haven’t been produced so far. But I have seen some preseason game highlights (from Seattle?) that suggest we could get a feed from some preseason games if they really want to give it to us.

I think the main reason they don’t want to air preseason games is they are mostly used to see what the bubble players can do, and they aren’t very representative of the quality of a regular season WNBA game. So even though a hardcore WNBA fan doesn’t care about that, the league would worry the lack of quality in preseason games would scare off the casual or new fans.

NFL preseason games are similarly low quality compared to regular season games, but the NFL doesn’t have to worry about building a fan base.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/04/18 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/04/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Liz is here! Look out for team photos media day today !

Being 5 days late in a three week training camp is not the start I would have liked. She should have made sure everything was in order ahead of time. At least she’s there which probably still shocks a couple people.

I halfway expected her to "miss the plane" again

I was actually surprised that someone from the team hadn't made sure that she had all the boxes checked ahead of time. I mean, you expect them to act like responsible adults but when she's that important to your team, why not have Phillips who she apparently knows/likes/trust subtly semi-babysit.

When it comes to visas and things like that I know teams are usually heavily involved in applying for them and making sure they're ready in time. Obviously legal bureaucracy can sometimes get involved, but I doubt it's generally left in the player's hands. Of course, some teams may well be better at that stuff than others...

PostPosted: 05/04/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like the Wings pushed their media day to today with Cambage in camp now. Check their Twitter page.

Last edited by toad455 on 05/04/18 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Looks like the Wings pushed their media day to today with Cambage I'm camp now. Check their Twitter page.

Yeppers , She arrived early this morning .

PostPosted: 05/04/18 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Looks like the Wings pushed their media day to today with Cambage I'm camp now. Check their Twitter page.

Did you meet her at the airport? Are you sure it isn't one of her doubles? Maybe someone disguised as Cambage? Does she have her visa, or just a Mastercard?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Did you meet her at the airport? Are you sure it isn't one of her doubles? Maybe someone disguised as Cambage? Does she have her visa, or just a Mastercard?

https://twitter.com/DallasWings/status/992437567206379520

Good enough proof for you ?

PostPosted: 05/04/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Laughing Laughing

Cool Cool Cool Cool Wink Wink

PostPosted: 05/04/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

could have photoshopped her in... Wink

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 05/04/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h57O3pyZXKY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/04/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h57O3pyZXKY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are tall! Ummm hmmm...Did I miss Glory in there?

allenleavell

PostPosted: 05/04/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I was actually surprised that someone from the team hadn't made sure that she had all the boxes checked ahead of time. I mean, you expect them to act like responsible adults but when she's that important to your team, why not have Phillips who she apparently knows/likes/trust subtly semi-babysit.

Was this issue a team problem or a Cambage problem? Either way, sloppy start. Cambage is here just in time for media day, so it’s probably like another day off which she probably needs anyway to get over jet lag. She should have gotten here at least a week early to get used to everything.

That what should be expected but we will see how this experiment goes!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/04/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
stever wrote:

Glorys there just not practicing right now , minor injury . Will be ready for start of season .

PostPosted: 05/04/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Glorys there just not practicing right now , minor injury . Will be ready for start of season .

Gotcha!

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best position battle at Dallas Wings training camp

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/05/04/best-position-battle-dallas-wings-training-camp

Quote:
Second-year guard Saniya Chong is going up against second-round draft pick Loryn Goodwin for the backup point guard position, while bigs like Breanna Lewis and Ruth Hamblin compete for the backup center position.

One of Lewis or Hamblin is making the team? Not sure I’m buying it if they’re saving a place for Plaisance.

Quote:
The backup guard position battle has stood out so far to head coach Fred Williams.

"They're really challenging each other. They're challenging [Skylar Diggins-Smith] a lot," Williams said. "They've all gotten better in the offseason, especially Chong. She's done a great job overseas and coming back with bulk to her game. Goodwin, I think she's a pro-ready guard who can give us some help on defense."

toad455

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should really keep Chong & Goodwin to let Diggins slide over to SG for some time.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You don't really need two backup point guards when you already have a lead guard who's going to be your primary ballhandler 32 minutes a night. Especially when they're going to be thoroughly available off their couch in midseason if you happen to need them later on.

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You don't really need two backup point guards when you already have a lead guard who's going to be your primary ballhandler 32 minutes a night. Especially when they're going to be thoroughly available off their couch in midseason if you happen to need them later on.

Goodwin could also definitely play the two...not that they need help there either.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The best position battle at Dallas Wings training camp

One of Lewis or Hamblin is making the team? Not sure I’m buying it if they’re saving a place for Plaisance.

Unless it's changed a lot, Cambage only plays 20-24 minutes, so you need somebody at that position for 16 minutes/game until Plaisance comes back.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Diggins/(Chong vs Goodwin)
AGray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
GJohnson/(Shaqator vs Thornton)/Plaisance(until healthy)
Cambage/Stevens/(Hamblin vs Lewis vs Butler)

I would hope the more versatile Thornton would win the PF because then if Plaisance ever does return, you could push players up a spot.

Diggins/(Chong vs Goodwin)
AGray/Powers/Davis
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
GJohnson/Stevens/Plaisance(when healthy)
Cambage/(Hamblin vs Lewis vs Butler)

I guess in my last breakdown, I had them as a possibility. Is it telling that the author left Butler out of the picture?

Looking back, he says “bigs like Breanna Lewis and Ruth Hamblin“. Maybe the author forgot about Butler or doesn’t see her as a serious enough contender to name.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/04/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Goodwin could also definitely play the two...not that they need help there either.

I don’t know if it’s just camera angles playing tricks. I thought Goodwin was the same size as Diggins, but she looks to be smaller.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/04/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz looks to be in great shape. Im actually interest in seeing her play this season.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamblin was listed 6'6" in college. Now the Wings list her at 6'8". Here she is with the 6'5" listed Theresa Plaisance, the 6'5" listed Natalie Butler, the 6'8" listed Liz Cambage and the 6'6" listed Azura Stevens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 25 of 41

Jump to: