Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/01/18 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Does anyone know Hill's timetable?

From what I heard she's expected to miss the first month of the season.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/01/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Barring Injuries, I believe the Mystics Roster after breaking training camp will look like this:

Toliver, Cloud, Alix
Walker-Kimbrough, Atkins, (Hill rehabbing from injury)
Currie, Ruffin-Pratt
Delle Donne, Hawkins
Thomas, Sanders

So 6 guards? Never seen that before since the 12 man rosters, unless I'm mistaken. People don't see Peters making this team?

PostPosted: 05/01/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Barring Injuries, I believe the Mystics Roster after breaking training camp will look like this:

Toliver, Cloud, Alix
Walker-Kimbrough, Atkins, (Hill rehabbing from injury)
Currie, Ruffin-Pratt
Delle Donne, Hawkins
Thomas, Sanders

So 6 guards? Never seen that before since the 12 man rosters, unless I'm mistaken. People don't see Peters making this team?

Plus you have Delle Donne as one of those posts, who has never not missed games in a season. Her career average is 26 games in a 34 game season.

I suppose Currie could act as an emergency PF in Maya fashion, but she’s no Maya. Sanders is the twiggiest center in the world, and people say Stevens can’t play center because of her build.

A lot of people seem to be projecting only 4 post players for LAS, because they have too many good guards. It wouldn’t be worth it for WAS just to hold onto AJ Alix. If Cloud is worth keeping, then Alix is most likely gone and it’s a battle between Peters, Taylor, and Hines-Allen for 5th post.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/01/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics clearly need a 5th post. That's either Peters or Hines-Allen. I don't see Alix making the team as Currie could fill in as a third PG option.

PG: Toliver/Cloud
SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough
SF: Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins/Peters or Hines-Allen
C: Thomas/Sanders

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 05/01/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Mystics clearly need a 5th post. That's either Peters or Hines-Allen. I don't see Alix making the team as Currie could fill in as a third PG option.

SG: Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough
SF: Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins/Peters or Hines-Allen
C: Thomas/Sanders

There will probably be several floating around before long and that's not even counting Morello.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/01/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is another place I could see Hamson ending up.

I'm not super high on Hamson but when you're talking 5th post a 6' 7" player who can block shots and get put backs is really all you need. She has experience, and is coming off her best season in the W last year. I can think of a bunch of teams that might pick her up, and she is a very good fit for the Mystics who already have scorers and shooters.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/02/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Tayler Hill laugh tho.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/991721809350406144/pu/vid/480x480/x5Pw8YrkGMYlQsPm.mp4

Shades

PostPosted: 05/03/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sd5w3akMmLA?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Or4r0Q4hOk?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LT1bon98WIY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nCrl0LXMbnU?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KEqz193jMJQ?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TZz8QpWj2e4?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3lOpLpj6Bm8?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tEbfHlbZ70s?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceY4aqZDumo?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pwwV8Xp37lQ?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ht69jqu7yJk?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 05/08/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics have waived Tanaya Atkinson & Tinara Moore.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/11/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like that move, glad it happened

Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/14/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics have waived AJ Alix and Asia Taylor.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two cuts left. I figure it’s gotta be Hightower plus either Peters or Hines-Allen. If they’re close, might as well go with the younger player. Maybe do a blindside of Sanders?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
The Mystics have waived AJ Alix and Asia Taylor.

Im rooting for Hines-Allen to make the team , shes been solid in pre-season .

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Two cuts left. I figure it’s gotta be Hightower plus either Peters or Hines-Allen. If they’re close, might as well go with the younger player. Maybe do a blindside of Sanders?

I'd actually dump Sanders considering her inconsistency to always show up. The only problem with dumping Sanders and keeping Hines-Allen & Peters is that is forces Hawkins into the back-up center role.

SG: Currie/Walker-Kimbrough/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Atkins
PF: Delle Donne/Hines-Allen/Peters
C: Thomas/Hawkins

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/14/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though she's always going to be a bit of a tweener at this level, Asia Taylor's a better basketball player than some people who are going to make opening day rosters.

PostPosted: 05/14/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Even though she's always going to be a bit of a tweener at this level, Asia Taylor's a better basketball player than some people who are going to make opening day rosters.

agree

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/15/18 5:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Sanders is cut then i would want the Storm to pick her up rather then Hamlin like some suggested. But i dont think she is going anywhere because you would want some defense in your bench line-up and Hawkins surely isnt going to give them that.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If Sanders is cut then i would want the Storm to pick her up rather then Hamlin like some suggested. But i dont think she is going anywhere because you would want some defense in your bench line-up and Hawkins surely isnt going to give them that.

What about Dev Peters?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/15/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I'd actually dump Sanders considering her inconsistency to always show up. The only problem with dumping Sanders and keeping Hines-Allen & Peters is that is forces Hawkins into the back-up center role.

SG: Currie/Walker-Kimbrough/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Atkins
PF: Delle Donne/Hines-Allen/Peters
C: Thomas/Hawkins

In the first quarter, at University of Delaware, Elena was playing in the guard position.

In the fourth quarter Elena played at point forward. Elena and Hawkins were very effective together. i thought the offense was more effective.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The whole off season plan, which included signing a SF in Currie and drafting a guard in Atkins, was put into place so Delle Donne could return to the post. It’d be shocking to see her used on the perimeter a bunch. Maybe they did some of that in front of the home college home crowd for old times sake.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/15/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

What about Dev Peters?

Too much of a PF. Sanders has experience playing center and defending centers overseas

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/18 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hightower waived. Mystics down to 13. Final cut one of Peters, Hines-Allen or Sanders.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hightower waived

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/15/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hightower waived

kinda sad. She was so good before getting injured. And never got back to it.

- Amanda Gorman
Davis4632

PostPosted: 05/17/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Hightower waived. Mystics down to 13. Final cut one of Peters, Hines-Allen or Sanders.

Peters waived.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: