RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Capital All-Stars vs United States Future-Stars - 4/27/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/30/18 12:21 am    ::: Capital All-Stars vs United States Future-Stars - 4/27/18 Reply Reply with quote

Capital Classic National Girls’ Game

https://dmvstream.com/2018/04/27/ondemand-replay-2018-capital-capital-classic-girls-game-dmvstream-com/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/30/18 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched this game the other day and the winning US Future Stars team was very impressive with Paige Bueckers (the only out-of-area player), Azzi Fudd and Angel Reese, who was the winning team MVP.

This may not have any retinal meaning to youngsters under 60, but Bueckers' ball control, passing and showboat swagger reminded me of Pistol Pete Maravich. One play was vintage Pete, and I've never seen a FBB player do it. Bueckers was leading a fast break down the right lane, with a teammate in the left lane and a defender in between. She began a behind-the-back pass to her teammate, but held the ball behind her back without passing it, and then brought it back forward for her own layup. This faked out the defender and the entire viewing audience.

Even though Bueckers didn't shoot much, you could tell she has touch. If she had been in UConn's back court against Notre Dame, UConn would have won. If Notre Dame had had her, they would have beaten UConn by a bigger margin.

Fudd doesn't remind me of Maya Moore, with whom she's been hyperbolically compared. First of all, she appears to me to be no more than 5-10 at the current time. Second, she doesn't have Maya's hops or aerial athleticism. She's a smooth scorer who can shake off defenders for jump shots and drives. It's hard to compare her, but perhaps I'd offer a shorter Seimone Augustus with a better three-point shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: