RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 04/24/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun have signed Nikki Greene and Khadijiah Cave to training camp contracts.

Kelsey Griffin has been waived after she informed the team she would not be able to attend training camp because of an injury.

This should put their roster at 18.
1. Jasmine Thomas
2. Lexie Brown
3. Leticia Romero
4. Jessica January
5. Courtney Williams
6. Alex Bentley
7. Betnijah Laney
8. Rachel Banham
9. Alyssa Thomas
10. Shekinna Stricklen
11. Chiney Ogwumike
12. Morgan Tuck
13. Nikki Greene
14. Mikayla Cowling
15. Jonquel Jones
16. Cayla George
17. Brionna Jones
18. Khadijiah Cave

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/25/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Depth Chart:

PG:
1. Jasmine Thomas
2. Lexie Brown
3. Leticia Romero
4. Jessica January

SG:
1. Courtney Williams
2. Alex Bentley
3. Betnijah Laney
4. Rachel Banham

SF:
1. Alyssa Thomas
2. Shekinna Stricklen
3. Kelsey Griffin
N/A: Bria Holmes

PF:
1. Chiney Ogwumike
2. Morgan Tuck
3. Kayla Pedersen
4. Mikayla Cowling

C:
1. Jonquel Jones
2. Cayla George
3. Brionna Jones

Pedersen retired from basketball at the end of last season.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/25/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Sun have signed Nikki Greene and Khadijiah Cave to training camp contracts.

Kelsey Griffin has been waived after she informed the team she would not be able to attend training camp because of an injury.

This should put their roster at 18.
1. Jasmine Thomas
2. Lexie Brown
3. Leticia Romero
4. Jessica January
5. Courtney Williams
6. Alex Bentley
7. Betnijah Laney
8. Rachel Banham
9. Alyssa Thomas
10. Shekinna Stricklen
11. Chiney Ogwumike
12. Morgan Tuck
13. Nikki Greene
14. Mikayla Cowling
15. Jonquel Jones
16. Cayla George
17. Brionna Jones
18. Khadijiah Cave

19. They just added Tyra Buss to a camp contract.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the Sun GM in the fantasy thread, I gave Buss serious consideration as a casting couch 3rd rd. pick.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/2018/04/25/tyra-buss-wnba-dreams-hanging-connecticut-sun/551325002/

Quote:
A chance to play in the WNBA? That's all Tyra Buss has ever wanted: A chance

toad455

PostPosted: 04/25/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller still has to deal with who starts. Ogwumike & J Jones inside? A Thomas at SF? Does A Thomas back-up Ogwumike?

PG: JThomas/Brown
SG: CWilliams/Bentely/Banham
SF: AThomas/Stricklen
PF: Ogwumike/Tuck
C: JJones/George/BJones
LAST CUTS: Romero, Laney

Of course Miller could keep either Romero or Laney and cut B. Jones with A Thomas acting as the 5th post option.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/25/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Miller still has to deal with who starts. Ogwumike & J Jones inside? A Thomas at SF? Does A Thomas back-up Ogwumike?

PG: JThomas/Brown
SG: CWilliams/Bentely/Banham
SF: AThomas/Stricklen
PF: Ogwumike/Tuck
C: JJones/George/BJones
LAST CUTS: Romero, Laney

Of course Miller could keep either Romero or Laney and cut B. Jones with A Thomas acting as the 5th post option.

Miller said Ogwumike wants to come back slowly off the bench like she did in 2016. Expect her to play 10-15 minutes per game off the bench for the first half of the season and later on, she might start.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How or What has Banham done in this league to deserve a for sure spot ? Im still a bit confused about this _______________ ?

PostPosted: 04/25/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Me too.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Miller said Ogwumike wants to come back slowly off the bench like she did in 2016.

Yeah, I heard. This is what Chiney wants *wink,wink*. Just like she wanted to be suspended last year for the good of the team *wink,wink*. It’s just a coincidence that it works perfectly with their plan not to go away from what worked last season *wink,wink*. The writing was already on the wall when they signed AThomas and described her as “the centerpiece” of how they want to play. “Bringing her back slowly” is the perfect way to save face.

Ay Mate wrote:
Expect her to play 10-15 minutes per game off the bench for the first half of the season and later on, she might start.

I didn’t hear anything about her starting later on. I think you took creative license.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/26/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Miller said Ogwumike wants to come back slowly off the bench like she did in 2016.

Yeah, I heard. This is what Chiney wants *wink,wink*. Just like she wanted to be suspended last year for the good of the team *wink,wink*. It’s just a coincidence that it works perfectly with their plan not to go away from what worked last season *wink,wink*. The writing was already on the wall when they signed AThomas and described her as “the centerpiece” of how they want to play. “Bringing her back slowly” is the perfect way to save face.

Ay Mate wrote:
Expect her to play 10-15 minutes per game off the bench for the first half of the season and later on, she might start.

I didn’t hear anything about her starting later on. I think you took creative license.

It’s called listening to the new weekly Sun podcast on the Sun’s website

Shades

PostPosted: 04/28/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20180428/sun-open-preseason-camp-with-new-faces

Quote:
“I love Alyssa,” Brown said. “She hasn’t reached out to me yet so when I see her, I will probably jump on her and she will be like, ‘Get off me.’ She’s awesome.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/29/18 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20180428/sun-open-preseason-camp-with-new-faces

Quote:
“I love Alyssa,” Brown said. “She hasn’t reached out to me yet so when I see her, I will probably jump on her and she will be like, ‘Get off me.’ She’s awesome.

I don’t think Jas will like that too much

Shades

PostPosted: 04/29/18 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team dinner. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Banham look as happy as she has lately in pictures. She seems to be in the best shape of her life, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Nearly everybody seems to have a phone at the table. Strick looks to have one in her hand cropped out.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/29/18 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller alluded to a 4th player that might or will be late for training camp besides Bentley, Romero, Bri Jones. But in an article, he wouldn’t say who, and that he’ll reveal who it is in another week or two. The only other player the Sun has rights to that is still overseas like the other three players is Alba Torrens. Is she finally coming over to the WNBA? Would make sense since he’s not allowed to say anything until the actual contract is signed.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/29/18 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Team dinner. To be honest, I don't think I’ve ever seen Banham look as happy as she has lately in pictures.

I'd be happy too if I was about to enjoy a nice dinner with a table full of WNBA players Smile

PostPosted: 04/29/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Miller alluded to a 4th player that might or will be late for training camp besides Bentley, Romero, Bri Jones. But in an article, he wouldn’t say who, and that he’ll reveal who it is in another week or two. The only other player the Sun has rights to that is still overseas like the other three players is Alba Torrens. Is she finally coming over to the WNBA? Would make sense since he’s not allowed to say anything until the actual contract is signed.

Look at the pic again and see if you can spot who's missing. It's not Torrens.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/30/18 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Look at the pic again and see if you can spot who's missing. It's not Torrens.

If your taking about Jonquel Jones, she arrived in CT either yesterday or today according to an article. Miller wouldn’t keep it a secret who the 4th person is if it were Jones, plus her overseas season was over a few weeks ago.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney Ogwumike Becomes Full-Time Multi-Platform ESPN Commentator

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/05/chiney-ogwumike-becomes-full-time-multi-platform-espn-commentator/

Quote:
She had previously been contributing to various ESPN platforms in a part-time capacity. In her new role, she will make regular appearances on SportsCenter and The Jump – ESPN’s daily NBA news and commentary platform.

PostPosted: 05/01/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/05/chiney-ogwumike-becomes-full-time-multi-platform-espn-commentator/

Quote:
She had previously been contributing to various ESPN platforms in a part-time capacity. In her new role, she will make regular appearances on SportsCenter and The Jump – ESPN’s daily NBA news and commentary platform.

So does this happen after the WNBA season? Doesn't seem like she's 100% focused on the upcoming season.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

So does this happen after the WNBA season? Doesn't seem like she's 100% focused on the upcoming season.

She's been on ESPN Radio pretty steadily this offseason. Her transition to her post-playing career is proceeding apace.

PostPosted: 05/01/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's been okay on the Hoop Collective podcast. Not exactly blowing the doors off with world-beating analysis (and the number of times she mentioned 'big markets' made me wonder about how she felt about being on the Sun long term), but decent enough. Playing in Connecticut is obviously a great fit for her alongside working for ESPN.

PostPosted: 05/03/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun waive Khadijiah Cave and Mikayla Cowling

PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun’s Jones among players not in camp

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/20180503/suns-jones-among-players-not-in-camp

Quote:
“[JJones] is handling some stuff at home with family, working through some things that she needs to do in order to get here,” Miller said. “We expect her here any time and we’re very supportive of her as an organization and can’t wait to get her back.”

Is there any reading between the lines to be done here? Is it a possibility JJones could bail on this season?

Quote:
“I’m still anxious for that,” Miller said. “Now, we’re waiting for JJ to arrive. We will just have to wait a little longer but I can’t wait to get going and practice with Chiney and JJ on the floor together and see how they’re going to mesh.“

Why is he so eager for this when he has already claimed Chiney wants to be brought back slowly?

Quote:
Bentley is also pretty secure in her position on the team, the same can’t be said for Brionna Jones. “Brionna is in more of a fight for her job so she will get here a little quicker,” Miller said.

Hmm... nice culture you’re building there. Better get back quick, Brionna.

Quote:
“Once [Romero’s] visa comes through, she will get on a plane,” Miller said.

Quote:
“But our core base is here, together, confident and the chemistry is great.”

Isn’t JJones a part of the core base?

Quote:
“I think we’re a team that, last year, we knew what we were capable of and everyone else was surprised. We finally got it together.”

That’s an awkward quote coming from Chiney since she wasn’t a part of the “we”. I guess her spirit was there.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/04/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what kind of chance Romero stands. Miller seems high on her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: