RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/24/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Why are the uconn and ND fans here always such dramaramas Laughing

+1

There are about 3 from each school that are. And they monopolize the board.

It’s funny to me how much the fans hate each other. But it’s clear, that while the players probably aren’t best of friends, that they certainly like each other. Collier and Ogunbawale clearly like each other based off Pheesa’s Instagram story.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/24/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
As a general question, and not necessarily related to Howard, why would a transfer be invited to visit if a school was not seriously intending to extend an offer, when they've already had opportunity to see 3 years of game tape and have scholarships to give? Interpersonal issues? Another transfer suddenly in the picture?

It's common in football that recruits are REQUIRED to visit in order to get an offer. Typically not for the most elite, but for the next players the staff often wants the chance to talk to and eyeball the recruit (see true size, weight, etc) so they tell him they won't offer unless he visits. But the numbers are such in football that they typically have not have met them all previously.

Far less common in basketball because there are far fewer players being recruited and the staff (at least at big schools) has usually gotten to know all the players they are recruiting, had in-homes, etc.

Just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me that when a player is transferring after several years, they may well have never been on the school's recruiting list and may be largely unknown to the staff. Wouldn't surprise me at all for a staff to tell the player they'd like her to visit before they extend an offer - more like the football situation. See their true height, see how they interact with current players, talk to them about role, expectations, etc. in person. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Why are the uconn and ND fans here always such dramaramas Laughing

+1

There are about 3 from each school that are. And they monopolize the board.

It’s funny to me how much the fans hate each other. But it’s clear, that while the players probably aren’t best of friends, that they certainly like each other. Collier and Ogunbawale clearly like each other based off Pheesa’s Instagram story.

Could this discussion please be taken out of this thread? (As the originator of it, I feel like I can ask that of the participants. You know who you are.) Thank you.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chloe Jackson to Baylor.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Chloe Jackson to Baylor.

Quote:
Also hearing out of Waco that LSU's 'Transfer Chloe Jackson committed to Baylor over the weekend. Waiting for official release , someone might be on the outs down in Waco ! Another Transfer ?

Posted yesterday , Do you have the official release ?

PostPosted: 04/24/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/042418aaa.html

Speculation there may be two Baylor transfers. Out, not in.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/24/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

I could see Chou leaving.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

Yes ive heard of 1 most likely . The 2nd is not so sure .

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon Dub spill the beanies Laughing

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see Ursin leaving.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/24/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louise Brown, a grad transfer from Washington State University,
will be at the University of Tennessee next year

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/24/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Shocked Does...not...compute...

tfan

PostPosted: 04/25/18 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natalie Chou was starting this year, but didn't regain her starting position after coming back from injury. Juicy Landrum was the player that got her starts and is in the same class as Chou. Since Chou was on the 2014 USA Basketball U17 team, and ranked #8 overall by Hoopgurlz and #2 at her position, she probably doesn't want to come off the bench for her final 2 years. But she is listed as a 6'1" guard, and the starting small forward graduated, so conceivably she could be the starting small forward.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/25/18 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

IDK. Maybe CHW wanted some more senior leadership for a team that will have 8 FR/SO's. Can she play a stretch 4?

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Natalie Chou was starting this year, but didn't regain her starting position after coming back from injury. Juicy Landrum was the player that got her starts and is in the same class as Chou. Since Chou was on the 2014 USA Basketball U17 team, and ranked #8 overall by Hoopgurlz and #2 at her position, she probably doesn't want to come off the bench for her final 2 years. But she is listed as a 6'1" guard, and the starting small forward graduated, so conceivably she could be the starting small forward.

Chou never really came back from injury. She was never full strength or even close to it. Until the injury she was the clear starter. Kim never seemed to have the same confidence in Landrum that she had in Chou. I doubt Chou would lose her starting spot to Landrum, though Jackson might be a very different question.

If a Baylor player leaves, I think it's more likely to be Ursin

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Raoul_000's tweet, KeAsja Peace will not be returning to Michigan. This makes sense as she's received little playing time. She was not at U-M's banquet, so I'm guessing this has been pending for a bit.

Bio:
http://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14047

icey23

PostPosted: 04/25/18 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
tfan wrote:

Chou never really came back from injury. She was never full strength or even close to it. Until the injury she was the clear starter. Kim never seemed to have the same confidence in Landrum that she had in Chou. I doubt Chou would lose her starting spot to Landrum, though Jackson might be a very different question.

If a Baylor player leaves, I think it's more likely to be Ursin

Yea what happened with Ursin this past season?? She was suppose to be best thing to come out of Louisiana 😉 The two games I saw her play in HS she didnt impressed me at all. Tulane could use her!!

PostPosted: 04/25/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Looking at this transfer list, I am surprised at how many girls have been on there for a “long” time but don’t have a new school named yet. Is this normal? At this point in time, given that the high school spring signing period is almost done, won’t a lot of the opportunities be gone shortly, if not already? I admit that I don’t know what the usual time frame is. In our experience last year, the day that my daughter signed her intent to transfer, we were bombarded by calls / offers from schools of all levels. Fortunately, she found a very good fit in a matter of days, and signed within the first week.

https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/

As an aside, if a player announces a transfer, would the player not want to visit a new school before making a decision? Would the player still have academic obligations that might prevent an immediate visit?

Not announcing a school, despite XX days/weeks since the announcement of a transfer could mean a host of different things.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Junior Jaycee Bradley is leaving South Dakota. She is a high percentage 3-pt sharp shooter.

JB3
@JayceeBradley
After a lot of thought and prayer, I have decided to finish my basketball career elsewhere and have been granted my release from USD. Thank you to my teammates, coaches, and Coyote Nation for making these 3 years so amazing. Please contact Randy Mauro at 515-490-3704

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/26/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danni Williams took a Visit to Texas over the weekend Btw , waiting to hear how that went for Karen Astons team .

PostPosted: 04/27/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Sure it does. Cheridene Green is the only *real* experienced post player they have now. The others are Kushkituah and Kam Harris. Get your head on straight please. Otherwise they are guard heavy. They NEED experience down under, and this will buy them some until KK gets more sure of herself.

Brown looks more like a stretch 4 than a post. She averaged only 4-6 rbs in 23 mins a game and about 40% of her shots were from behind the arc. Not exactly what one thinks of as a prototypical Tennessee post player.

http://wsucougars.com/images/2017/9/28/WBB_Team.jpg?width=1600

Brown is No 4, standing next to 6'4" No 20, who looks to be 2 inches taller.

With who Tenn has coming back, and who is coming in, I'd say that they will look smaller and quicker than they have in a long time. Has run and gun come to Knutsville? [/list]

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Brown looks more like a stretch 4 than a post. She averaged only 4-6 rbs in 23 mins a game and about 40% of her shots were from behind the arc. Not exactly what one thinks of as a prototypical Tennessee post player.

http://wsucougars.com/images/2017/9/28/WBB_Team.jpg?width=1600

Brown is No 4, standing next to 6'4" No 20, who looks to be 2 inches taller.

With who Tenn has coming back, and who is coming in, I'd say that they will look smaller and quicker than they have in a long time. Has run and gun come to Knutsville? [/list]

No they just want guns ... Laughing

PostPosted: 04/27/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn has recruited a bunch of players who are better suited to run and gun and the transition game than they are to a half-court offense. Russell was an albatross. Hopefully Green, Brown, and the younger posts will be able to better play an uptempo game.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

OK, whatever. Don't be surprised when she's not better than Dunbar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 10 of 37

Jump to: