Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 04/20/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

This is why I was wondering if someone can tell me what she does well. Is she athletic with slashing capabilities?

At 6'2,Nared can handle the ball,slash to the basket,shoot the mid-range jump shot,post up smaller players,and hit the 3.She's a very good rebounder(7.3)...and has great anticipation/hands(2.1 spg)...Nared also gets to the FT line at a high rate (206 attempts)...J.Nared is a versatile basketball player who has the size,length,speed,and athletic ability to be a very good WNBA player for many,many years.

Yes, she can do all this while shooting below 40%, while being a less than average individual defender. Watch any of her games against Stanford, Missouri, and Mississippi State. Vivians and Cunningham bullied her all game, and if she had trouble staying in front of those two.... Laughing and I like Nared, but you’re doing way too much to make a point when her production didn’t match. Yes, she was alright her junior year, but you can argue she was the third option and the shooting numbers still aren’t great. They were just decent. No one is denying she has tools, but in four years she never put it all together. Nothing wrong with saying that. If you think Nurse will be a role player, are you saying Nared will be more than that?

Laughing ..Absolutely no context...

Vivians is a 5'11 SG...Cunningham is a PF...Nared is a SF...Teams game planned for Nared.....Defenses collapsed on Nared...When teams are game planning for UConn.The first four names on the board are Gabby,Collier,Samuelson,and Stevens.

Laughing Laughing I’m convinced you don’t watch games if you think Cunningham is a PF, she is NOT and Vivians isn’t 5’11. And so what? Just in her conference alone teams gameplan for top players and they still produce great shooting consistently. She simply did not. Like Nixtreefan said, Nurse is making her team. Nared may not. I can give you a list of players that still bring it consistently even with the defenses game planning and collapsing on them. Nared isn’t the only one that’s faced this, yet from what I saw this year she couldn’t hit the side of a barn even if she was left wide open. HER best year came from playing alongside DeShields, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Still, even when she was “playing off her teammates” she didn’t shoot lights out. Nothing wrong with point that out. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 04/20/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
This thread has turned into a Nared vs. Nurse thread. Can we get back to the Liberty please?!?!?

I guess zune's premise is that the Liberty made a big mistake by drafting Nurse over Nared... or is it just a tiny mistake?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 04/20/18 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
This thread has turned into a Nared vs. Nurse thread. Can we get back to the Liberty please?!?!?

I guess zune's premise is that the Liberty made a big mistake by drafting Nurse over Nared
... or is it just a tiny mistake?

This...I like Nurse,but prefer Nared.Especially since NY needs a SF with some size...At the same time.I do understand that Nurse is the safer pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/20/18 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But "buckling under pressure" isn't a good characteristic to carry you through to the WNBA. Nurse has dealt with 4 years of the highest expectations and pressure.

And I'm not buying that Nurse was always designated as one of the last options for UConn. With her shooting ability? She's whatever option the defense gave them.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/20/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
But "buckling under pressure" isn't a good characteristic to carry you through to the WNBA. Nurse has dealt with 4 years of the highest expectations and pressure.

I agree...However,getting booed at home as a Senior has to be a pretty nerve-racking experience.I wouldn't wish that on any College Athlete...And to be fair,Nurse has also come up small on the big stage:

2018 FF vs ND:4-13/2-7/10p/5r/2a
2017 FF vs MS:2-8/2-6/6p/1r/1a

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/20/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep those coaches did leave her open for a reason but btw Nared likes shooting at the side of barns.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Nurse will be a role player. Nared may get cut Laughing

I think that is the most likely outcome for both players, but Nared may hang on in the fringes for a while. 2nd most likely outcome is they both get cut eventually.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/20/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It could be so. Very Happy

zune69

PostPosted: 04/20/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Nurse will be a role player. Nared may get cut Laughing

I think that is the most likely outcome for both players, but Nared may hang on in the fringes for a while. 2nd most likely outcome is they both get cut eventually.

This would be great for a team like seattle.......Add a big defensive guard,and a Small forward.....And if Russell gets cut,Seattle can add a 6'6 center.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/20/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the Liberty now have a big offensive post(Russell) to pair with Kia Vaughn....Stokes for Langhorne would be a good trade.

PG: Hartley/Allen/Boyd
SG: Prince/Rodgers/Nurse
SF: Zellous/R. Allen
PF: Charles/Langhorne
C: Vaughn/Russell

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Since the Liberty now have a big offensive post(Russell) to pair with Kia Vaughn....Stokes for Langhorne would be a good trade.

PG: Hartley/Allen/Boyd
SG: Prince/Rodgers/Nurse
SF: Zellous/R. Allen
PF: Charles/Langhorne
C: Vaughn/Russell

I would want to wait to see if Russell can actually play/get minutes in the league. There was a reason she dropped that far after all.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was say that Russell gives the Liberty a "big" post. Whether she is anything more than big is open to question.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/23/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Possible waiver wire prospects for NY consider

(But we still have the same problem for anyone not currently on the roster someone else has to go.)

Laney
Hamson
McCall
Chong
Buyler
R. Williams
S. Thomas
Wesie
Nared
Coffey
George
Burdick
Cannon
Musina
Scaife
A. Prince
Muldrow
Hines-Allen
Epps
Hooper
Gwathmey

Randy

PostPosted: 04/23/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Possible waiver wire prospects for NY consider

(But we still have the same problem for anyone not currently on the roster someone else has to go.)

Laney
Hamson
McCall
Chong
Buyler
R. Williams
S. Thomas
Wesie
Nared
Coffey
George
Burdick
Cannon
Musina
Scaife
A. Prince
Muldrow
Hines-Allen
Epps
Hooper
Gwathmey

Interesting list J-Spoon, and I think it is probably 90% right - most all of those players will end up on the waiver wire. The question is whether any will get claimed and which ones (if any) might someday be useful players. I've bolded the ones I'm thinking might end up having the best WNBA careers from this season forward. But, who really knows?

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/23/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other bad news for New York is that they're 10th in line for the waiver wire.

What's interesting to me is how crowding will motivate teams to seek trades. It's not just about having roster space for a player, it's also about preserving value. A player's trade value will only decline as she sits, so it makes sense to trade someone now if you don't think you'll use her. For instance, Chicago drafted Diamond and Gabby as well as signed Alex Montgomery. Add them to Quigley and Copper, and that's five players covering SG/SF. Fans will assume it's Montgomery who gets glued to the bench but signing Alex was a surprise move. I wonder if Stocks has a specific role in mind for Alex. If so, then one of the other players (Copper?) becomes surplus.

Another situation worth watching is Ji-Su Park in Las Vegas. If she plays well and can back up Wilson, that makes Harrison more expendable. Then that Sugar for Izzy deal proposed awhile back starts to look better.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah if we still had trader Bill I would think something like Zahui B and NY's 2nd round pick in 19 for Copper could happen, but without him it would have to be Stokes for Copper (minimum).

But let's dream
Stokes for Copper
Rodgers and NY's 2nd round pick in 19 for Harrison

Hartley/Boyd/L. Allen
Zelous/Prince
Copper/Nurse
Charles/Zahui B
Harrison/Vaughn/Russell

That doesn't look half bad. We lose a little on the defensive end but we will still be pretty solid on that end, and we add a lot more offensive potential.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/18 4:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The other bad news for New York is that they're 10th in line for the waiver wire.

What's interesting to me is how crowding will motivate teams to seek trades. It's not just about having roster space for a player, it's also about preserving value. A player's trade value will only decline as she sits, so it makes sense to trade someone now if you don't think you'll use her. For instance, Chicago drafted Diamond and Gabby as well as signed Alex Montgomery. Add them to Quigley and Copper, and that's five players covering SG/SF. Fans will assume it's Montgomery who gets glued to the bench but signing Alex was a surprise move. I wonder if Stocks has a specific role in mind for Alex. If so, then one of the other players (Copper?) becomes surplus.

Another situation worth watching is Ji-Su Park in Las Vegas. If she plays well and can back up Wilson, that makes Harrison more expendable. Then that Sugar for Izzy deal proposed awhile back starts to look better.

It does? They dont play the same position and you dont know if Park is going to show up every season..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/24/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

It does? They dont play the same position and you dont know if Park is going to show up every season..

I believe Park has played some PF. If not, she looks mobile enough and has some midrange shooting touch. It wouldn't be any different from Harrison, who was a center at Tennessee. She became a PF in the pros. And obviously, this is a hypothetical situation based on Laimbeer liking what he sees. If he doesn't, then the whole discussion is moot anyway. As for Park not showing up, we don't have much history with Asian players. Mostly they haven't returned because they weren't getting minutes or were flat out cut from the team.

Remember, we're talking about the backup PF. A'ja Wilson will almost certainly start. Harrison is currently viewed by most as a legitimate starter, so putting her on the bench all season will likely diminish her value. Now, if Laimbeer thinks he can get significant minutes out of Harrison using her at both C and PF, then it wouldn't be an issue. But he brought in Bone and Swords because he wanted more bulk at center. He still has another veteran in Hamby to backup PF, so keeping Harrison is a luxury if he could otherwise flip her for something of value. I used that previously discussed NY trade as an example because this is a Liberty thread. A better match would be Chicago. They'd probably be willing to offer more for a young PF.

PostPosted: 04/24/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I believe Park has played some PF. If not, she looks mobile enough and has some midrange shooting touch. It wouldn't be any different from Harrison, who was a center at Tennessee. She became a PF in the pros. And obviously, this is a hypothetical situation based on Laimbeer liking what he sees. If he doesn't, then the whole discussion is moot anyway. As for Park not showing up, we don't have much history with Asian players. Mostly they haven't returned because they weren't getting minutes or were flat out cut from the team.

Remember, we're talking about the backup PF. A'ja Wilson will almost certainly start. Harrison is currently viewed by most as a legitimate starter, so putting her on the bench all season will likely diminish her value. Now, if Laimbeer thinks he can get significant minutes out of Harrison using her at both C and PF, then it wouldn't be an issue. But he brought in Bone and Swords because he wanted more bulk at center. He still has another veteran in Hamby to backup PF, so keeping Harrison is a luxury if he could otherwise flip her for something of value. I used that previously discussed NY trade as an example because this is a Liberty thread. A better match would be Chicago. They'd probably be willing to offer more for a young PF.

I dont think that her value is that high atm anyway. I dont see her as a legitimate starter. Which teams would she start? The Fever? Dont know if she is better then Dupree. Let her come off the bench and bring some energy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/24/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I dont think that her value is that high atm anyway. I dont see her as a legitimate starter. Which teams would she start? The Fever? Dont know if she is better then Dupree. Let her come off the bench and bring some energy

I'm not convinced either. She strikes me as someone who has been the tallest person on the court all her life, and she's now entering an environment where she won't be, and she can be pushed around by plenty of players who are shorter than her as well. She's young but who knows whether she can make all the skill and physical adjustments needed to make it. That's normal of course with a nothing-to-lose late pick. She's a long term project, not a starter. (Not this decade anyway)

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I'm not convinced either. She strikes me as someone who has been the tallest person on the court all her life, and she's now entering an environment where she won't be, and she can be pushed around by plenty of players who are shorter than her as well. She's young but who knows whether she can make all the skill and physical adjustments needed to make it. That's normal of course with a nothing-to-lose late pick. She's a long term project, not a starter. (Not this decade anyway)

Who are you talking about -- Park or Harrison? No one is suggesting that Park will start. I'm just pointing out that with Bone, Swords, Harrison, Hamby and Wilson, LVA has four experienced but still young posts along with the #1 overall pick. That already looks somewhat crowded. I have a feeling people didn't expect Park to come over right away. So if she looks good in camp, that will unexpectedly add to the crowding even more. Not saying she needs to be starter good, just promising enough so that you want to keep her. In that case, the team would need to cut or move someone, with Harrison having the most trade value. Now if people don't like Harrison, that's fine. But there are other folks who do so her availablity is of interest to them. This was never meant to be a big deal. It was in the spirit of J-Spoon speculating about players on the waiver wire. I was just adding a couple of players -- Harrison and Copper -- who wouldn't be cut, but nonetheless might be available due to crowding.

PostPosted: 04/25/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

On further review, I thought his view on this was odd since he had Nurse going #9 on his last couple of mock drafts. So she only dropped one spot from his projection. Shouldn’t be that huge of a surprise.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/25/18 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Who are you talking about -- Park or Harrison? No one is suggesting that Park will start. I'm just pointing out that with Bone, Swords, Harrison, Hamby and Wilson, LVA has four experienced but still young posts along with the #1 overall pick. That already looks somewhat crowded. I have a feeling people didn't expect Park to come over right away. So if she looks good in camp, that will unexpectedly add to the crowding even more. Not saying she needs to be starter good, just promising enough so that you want to keep her. In that case, the team would need to cut or move someone, with Harrison having the most trade value. Now if people don't like Harrison, that's fine. But there are other folks who do so her availablity is of interest to them. This was never meant to be a big deal. It was in the spirit of J-Spoon speculating about players on the waiver wire. I was just adding a couple of players -- Harrison and Copper -- who wouldn't be cut, but nonetheless might be available due to crowding.

Sorry r_t ... I got mixed up in what was referring to who. I was talking about Park, and from what (fairly little, admittedly) I've seen of her I agree that LV is better served with her spending this summer in the gym rather than in Vegas.
I like Harrison but to me she's a handy depth player who I doubt someone is going to overpay for (or am I underestimating the charms of Trader Bill)

PostPosted: 04/27/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoni Schimmel recently posted a picture on Instagram of her in her ASG uniform. If she were to return (or try to), wouldn't she have been signed by someone at the point to a training camp contract?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 44 of 90

Jump to: