RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/19/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fordham adds grad transfer from Columbia, G Alexa Giuliano. https://t.co/rApfLAxW1W

ETSU adds transfer from Richmond, G Taisha Murphy https://t.co/u6fHEQloJJ

PostPosted: 04/20/18 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at this transfer list, I am surprised at how many girls have been on there for a “long” time but don’t have a new school named yet. Is this normal? At this point in time, given that the high school spring signing period is almost done, won’t a lot of the opportunities be gone shortly, if not already? I admit that I don’t know what the usual time frame is. In our experience last year, the day that my daughter signed her intent to transfer, we were bombarded by calls / offers from schools of all levels. Fortunately, she found a very good fit in a matter of days, and signed within the first week.

https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/20/18 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could be that a lot of teams don't promote or publish whats going on.

elsie

PostPosted: 04/20/18 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe somebody knows...can a NAIA player transfer to DIV 1 and play immediately?....

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
maybe somebody knows...can a NAIA player transfer to DIV 1 and play immediately?....

yes

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/18 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:

https://wbbblog.com/2018/04/05/womens-basketball-transfers-spring-summer-2018/

Interesting that Howard and Williams have the notation "could return to A&M"

- Amanda Gorman
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/20/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just spit balling but maybe they think they can leverage change at A&M.

LitePal

PostPosted: 04/20/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina has "expressed interest" in Amber Ramirez.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article209272054.html

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/20/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VA Tech gets a verbal from JUCO F Trinity Baptiste of NW Florida State CC, who says she’ll sign next week. She’ll have 3 seasons of eligibility left.

PostPosted: 04/20/18 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
South Carolina has "expressed interest" in Amber Ramirez.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article209272054.html

Of course Transfer U has interest in anyone. Your a transfer? "we have interest" Your a transfer too? "Our interest extends to you too" Savvvvvveee us from looking like _________ Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/23/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A Certain program's fans are now discussing how bad a choice Howard would be for their program after hearing she was not offered. This time last week she was being heralded as a "Great Fit" and "Rebounding Machine " Aka the Dennis Rodman Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Pendulum swings yet again on another player

PostPosted: 04/23/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also hearing out of Waco that LSU's 'Transfer Chloe Jackson committed to Baylor over the weekend. Waiting for official release , someone might be on the outs down in Waco ! Another Transfer ?

PostPosted: 04/23/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Also hearing out of Waco that LSU's 'Transfer Chloe Jackson committed to Baylor over the weekend. Waiting for official release , someone might be on the outs down in Waco ! Another Transfer ?

if she believes they gonna get her big minutes like she got in LSU then good move but i think she should of went to Miss St

SEC network you get to see her every game, if she goes to the big12 i can't see all of the games

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/23/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

if she believes they gonna get her big minutes like she got in LSU then good move but i think she should of went to Miss St

SEC network you get to see her every game, if she goes to the big12 i can't see all of the games

Fox Sports SW shows Baylor games. Still waiting for the press release though as ive learned not to count chickens until they become official . Other players down in Waco are rumored to be transferring out. 1 for sure most likely and now another has surfaced.

PostPosted: 04/23/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
A Certain program's fans are now discussing how bad a choice Howard would be for their program after hearing she was not offered. This time last week she was being heralded as a "Great Fit" and "Rebounding Machine " Aka the Dennis Rodman Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd say there are 2-3 UConn fans discussing Howard not being offerred out of a message board membership of thousands. I would guess that 99.9% of the program's fans were unaware she even visited UConn or even that she was transferring.

You never miss a chance to throw shade on UConn, even if you have to invent something.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/23/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I'd say there are 2-3 UConn fans discussing Howard not being offerred out of a message board membership of thousands. I would guess that 99.9% of the program's fans were unaware she even visited UConn or even that she was transferring.

You never miss a chance to throw shade on UConn, even if you have to invent something.

Did i state anything about UCONN in my orignial post ? You must be guilty ?

PostPosted: 04/23/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a general question, and not necessarily related to Howard, why would a transfer be invited to visit if a school was not seriously intending to extend an offer, when they've already had opportunity to see 3 years of game tape and have scholarships to give? Interpersonal issues? Another transfer suddenly in the picture?

linkster

PostPosted: 04/23/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
As a general question, and not necessarily related to Howard, why would a transfer be invited to visit if a school was not seriously intending to extend an offer, when they've already had opportunity to see 3 years of game tape and have scholarships to give? Interpersonal issues? Another transfer suddenly in the picture?

Maybe a school has interest but wants to interview the prospective transfer prior to making an offer? Some of the things Geno has said are important to him can't be seen on game tape. Despite having interest in a prospective employee with an impressive resume an employer doesn't make an offer until the interview is done.

Or maybe the prospective transfer didn't hear or see what she wanted during the visit.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/23/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What else was the point of your post that I quoted other than to take a couple of posts on a fan board and use them to make a statement about an entire fanbase?

As for myself, I know there are a lot of fans of a lot of teams that wax and wane over prospects but I almost always leave the handwringing to the programs and leave the team-building to the coaches. The only recruit I have ever promoted on any message board is Bueckers and I'll enjoy watching her play no matter where she ends up.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/23/18 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are the uconn and ND fans here always such dramaramas Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/23/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Why are the uconn and ND fans here always such dramaramas Laughing

+1

PostPosted: 04/23/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What else was the point of your post that I quoted other than to take a couple of posts on a fan board and use them to make a statement about an entire fanbase?

As for myself, I know there are a lot of fans of a lot of teams that wax and wane over prospects but I almost always leave the handwringing to the programs and leave the team-building to the coaches. The only recruit I have ever promoted on any message board is Bueckers and I'll enjoy watching her play no matter where she ends up.

Thats great once again your "ASS-uming" but ok Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/23/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Thats great once again your "ASS-uming" but ok Embarassed

If it is not about UConn then why not clear the air and state who you are trying to take a dig at then? Pretty petty. Confused

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/23/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5’11 F Kaila Clark is leaving Navy for Richmond and will have 2 seasons of eligibility after sitting out the upcoming season. https://t.co/PR2Irn0oml

PostPosted: 04/23/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youngstown State adds 5’5 G from Providence, Ny’Dajah (Nana) Jackson, who will have 2 years left after sitting out 2018-19. https://t.co/qY8UfagsZT

Colorado State adds two transfers, redshirt senior Roichelle Marble, a 5’7 G from Wisconsin who will be eligible immediately, and Megan Jacobs, 6’1 G/F from Utah who will have 2 years remaining after sitting out the upcoming season. https://t.co/O6yOJC4qkQ

San Jose State picks up 5’5 PG Ayzhianna Basallo who transfers from Cal Poly and will have 3 years remaining after her mandatory sit-out year. https://t.co/UmgbyRG27H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 9 of 37

Jump to: