RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 04/18/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rQY0vgvUB8U" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

BODYARMOR needs to do better...But i'm happy Skylar's getting paid and getting some exposure

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 04/18/18 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Xx

Last edited by FemmeFatale on 04/18/18 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Dallas could save face if Akhator "took the year off." Sounds better than cutting the No. 3 overall pick ...

agreed. I had that thought too. And maybe eventually she will improve enough to be useful. If not, cutting her a year or two down the road will draw less attention, except from the likes of us.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This looks like a team that could legitimately play platoon style. It'll be interesting to see how Fred plays the chess pieces.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 04/19/18 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1GoHVF8r9lU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis with 21 pts was the hero for her team in the EuroCup finals

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/986960573047992325/vid/1280x720/rTrYULOWqb6b4cYV.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VdOaV5dLT34" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/19/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VdOaV5dLT34" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

Z looked like a baby Kevin Durant at one time, if she can work on her skills I think she can be a 3/4 in a few years.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/19/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she ever works on her defense as she clearly couldn't get it at Uconn, she may even see the floor Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
If she ever works on her defense as she clearly couldn't get it at Uconn, she may even see the floor Laughing

Now that shes on my team i must defend unlike her at UCONN! Laughing She will see more minutes than she expects. She will be in the running for all rookie team for sure. Her footwork on D is light years past Paris so im content. Shes a rookie 5 years from now she might be an All star !

PostPosted: 04/20/18 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

She defended well against Notre Dame in the national semi-final. It was fortunate for Notre Dame that her coach chose not to give her as much "floor time" as he could have. And fortunate for him that his followers think that was a good decision.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/20/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed the official Dallas roster has a few odd position designations. I’m not sure if this reflects their game plan of what they want to try this season, or more likely their clerical or communication errors. Let’s look at these closer.

At center is Liz Cambage as a no-brainer. My first surprise is Stevens listed at center. I like keeping 2 centers (unlike the Liberty who never change their roster designations), so that leaves Butler and Lewis out.

Cambage/Stevens

This year Plaisance and Shaq are both listed as a F despite Plaisance playing almost exclusively at center last year. We’ll keep 3 PF, which works out great since they seem (in Dallas infinite wisdom) to be saving a spot for a rehabbing Plaisance.

GJohnson/(Shaqator vs Thornton)/Plaisance(until healthy)
Cambage/Stevens

My second surprise is Powers listed at guard. Okay, her handle does seem improved overseas. Now they have 6’2 EuroCup hero Davis listed at forward.

Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Cambage/Stevens

Now we add last year’s tainted ROY and newly-designated SG Powers

AGray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Cambage/Stevens

At PG we have the queen bee and another position battle

Diggins/(Chong vs Goodwin)
AGray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Cambage/Stevens

After the position battles, that leaves them with a roster of 11 (10 active). They can keep one more player. Do they keep the loser of the PG battle? They don’t really need to because Davis can play guard. Do they keep the loser of the PF battle? That might make sense because it could be a while until Plaisance is healthy. OR do they keep one of the real centers (Hamblin, Lewis or Butler) because they’re going to find out that Stevens isn’t really a center despite being 6’6. I think I’ll go with that last option.

AGray/Powers
Christmas-Kelly/Davis
Cambage/Stevens/(Hamblin vs Lewis vs Butler)

I would hope the more versatile Thornton would win the PF because then if Plaisance ever does return, you could push players up a spot.

AGray/Powers/Davis
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
GJohnson/Stevens/Plaisance(when healthy)
Cambage/(Hamblin vs Lewis vs Butler)

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/20/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey WNBA, I like your team this year. You got Liz. It will be fun watching her battle with the other bigs and I will be watching your games this year.

Tfan, I am not a Geno follower but you have to give the guy his due and I totally agree about putting her back in, but for offense not defense. If you watched any amount of Uconn games last year, they had to go to zone When Stevens was in, she couldn't get their man defense and was a liability. So unless Dallas are going to play zone this year, which I doubt as they have the players to play man, its going to be a fun watch Laughing

Maybe Paris can give her some poundage Wink

Mojo

PostPosted: 04/20/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades: About the designation of Powers as guard... Last year Chong was out with a concussion for a game. I remember Powers bringing the ball upcourt some during that game and remember a discussion with a friend about it.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/21/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Road to the Dallas Wings: Loryn Goodwin

http://wings.wnba.com/news/road-dallas-wings-loryn-goodwin/

Quote:
She averaged 20.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 3.5 steals per game in her only season in Stillwater, earning a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 pick and honorable mention All-American status from the Associated Press. Goodwin was named to the Big 12 All-Defensive Team and the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year.

Quote:
Her cousin, Marquise, is a wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers. He encourages Goodwin to be true to herself, ignore those who have negative opinions and to not let anything get in the way of what she is destined to do.

Quote:
“I am really just trying to make the team,” said Goodwin. “I just want to be on the roster. I really want to see my name on that 12-man roster and have a jersey with my name on the back. That is most important to me right now.”

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vlg5LRJBj4w?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/22/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

She defended well against Notre Dame in the national semi-final. It was fortunate for Notre Dame that her coach chose not to give her as much "floor time" as he could have. And fortunate for him that his followers think that was a good decision.

AMEN!!!

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/22/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well we were in zone for Z, does Dallas play zone? The biggest frustration was Zs lack of defensive understanding, which is why a lot of people, including GMs thought she needed another year.

RHW

PostPosted: 04/26/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Article focusing on Azura Stevens and the wings!

https://www.wnbainsidr.com/insidr/gifted-azura-stevens-can-the-dallas-wings-take-the-next-step

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/26/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok I stopped reading when it said can defend multiple positions, maybe they think laying zone is doing that Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 04/27/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruth Hamblin in the house

toad455

PostPosted: 04/27/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So much for her not returning this season. A longshot to make the roster.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 04/29/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage wasn't in camp today. Apparently has visa issues and hopes to be there by the end of the week.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/29/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas Wings open training camp with new defensive weapons

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/04/29/dallas-wings-open-training-camp-new-defensive-weapons-allisha-gray-talks-south-carolina-reunion-team-usa-camp

Quote:
"We have rim protectors," the team captain said. "We did a lot of help-side defense. That's the first thing that [head coach Fred Williams] covered. So right away that tells me that we're going to be focused on being a really, really good defensive team.”

Quote:
Injury report: Forward Glory Johnson did not participate in Sunday's practice due to what the team is describing as a "minor medical procedure." Reserve forward Theresa Plaisance sat out practice as she continues her recovery from an ACL tear suffered in October.
While Plaisance's timeline to return to the court is unclear, Williams said that he expects Johnson back within a week.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/30/18 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shaqahtor is in camp also. Along with Hamblin , Lewis , Plaissance , Johnson,Thornton , Diggins-Smith, Gray , Goodwin , Powers ,Stevens , Chong , Butler ,Christmas-Kelly. Seems like everyone is here minus Liz whos currently on here flight right now after visa issues . Camp looks tough !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 23 of 41

Jump to: