Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 04/22/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I can see Nneka/Candace playing more Small Forward this season(bad move)... LA would be better off trading Lavender for a young SG/SF.Maybe not this season,but certainly within the next 2-3 years.Lavender will turn 30 at the end of this year.LA needs to cash out before Jantel's value drops.Beard and Pondexter aren't getting any younger.

From my perspective, Lavenders shooting dropped of considerably this last season and since she was never a really good defender what use is she? A shooting stride that consistently turns 24 foot 3 pointers into 22 foot two's doesn't help either her case either.

Agreed...however,in the right situation,I believe Lavender could put up 14p/8r as starter(Sea,Wash,NY,Ind)

toad455

PostPosted: 04/22/18 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kind of need to keep Lavender for when Vadeeva chooses not to show up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/22/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 04/23/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interested to see how this roster works out as a lot of concerns have been expressed about (1) salary cap (even though many say it doesn't apply to LA); and (2) the situation with R. Williams.

For what it's worth, my projection/hope for the opening day lineup:

PG: Gray/Pondexter
SG: Sims/Dabovic/Wiese
SF: Beard/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Bass or TJJ
C: Parker/Lavender/Vadeeva

My guess is that Agler primarily goes with an 8 woman rotation, starters with Pondexter, Carson, and Lavender. Next two that could get minutes would be Dabovic and Bass or TJJ. Last two of Wiese and Vadeeva probably don't get many minutes, which is unfortunate because Wiese showed some promise last year (on offensive only) and when I look up potential in the dictionary, I find a picture of Vadeeva.

I am okay with this lineup. Have five posts to deal with all the talented opposing bigs. Good number and variety of both frontcourt and backcourt players.

Go Sparks!
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Candace Parker's Post Move a Travel? Question Shocked
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwNi3fDT1j8?start=2824" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe> Twisted Evil

For the record, it's not in my eyes Razz

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/25/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
For the record, it's not in my eyes Razz

KG and CP3 are hilarious
Laughing

I agree, Admiral_Needa. I do not see this as traveling.

And yes, KG and CP3 together are hilarious.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/26/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only fifteen players listed. No Jackson, Beard, no Kaylee Jansen. No post draft camp invites listed. I wonder if this is just a PR mix up?

BREAKING! Our training camp roster has been released! Leading the way for your LA Sparks is the 2017 Best WNBA Player ESPY Award Winner @Candace_Parker. Who are you most excited to see at training camp? Link for more info: https://t.co/rLDTelyQ8M #GoSparks #All4LA https://t.co/0mi327kof0

Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/18 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On time
Candace Parker
Alaina Beard
Essence Carson
Sydney Wiese
Odyssey Sims
Cappie Pondexter
Shakayla Thomas
Rook
Rook
Rook
Rook
Rook
Misti Bass
Karlie Samuelson

Late
Chelsea Gray
Jantel Lavender
Nneka Ogwumike
Maria Vadeeva
Riquna Williams
Jolene Anderson
Ana Dabovic

Here’s what I get from reading the article. They only bother naming one rookie arriving on time, Shakayla Thomas. The ones they didn’t bother listing would be Bando, Jensen, Lindstrom, McCarty, and Ortiz.

Jackson isn’t listed. I dunno if she’s been quietly cut or they just neglected listing her. Saicha Grant-Allen was signed back on Feb 6, and there’s no mention of her either.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 04/26/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they just retweeted this. and again forgot Beard & Jackson.

Quote:
For those of you wondering… our bad. Here’s our FINAL Training Camp Roster, with those you thought were missing. Jantel, Chelsea, Nneka, Maria, Riquna, Jolene, and Ana will be joining us at camp later in the week once they return from Europe. Bring it, 2018💪 #GoSparks #All4LA

So no Allen-Grant? No Diarra? No Gruda.

There should be 22 listed w/Beard & Jackson. 15 on time, 7 late.
Candace Parker
Alaina Beard
Essence Carson
Sydney Wiese
Odyssey Sims
Cappie Pondexter
Shakayla Thomas
Misti Bass
Karlie Samuelson
Kaylee Jensen
Lexi Bando
Jessica Lindstrom
Gabbi Ortiz
Brooke McCarty
Tiffany Jackson?

Late
Chelsea Gray
Jantel Lavender
Nneka Ogwumike
Maria Vadeeva
Riquna Williams
Jolene Anderson
Ana Dabovic

pilight

PostPosted: 04/27/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/26/los-angeles-sparks-finalize-training-camp-roster/

Quote:
High Post Hoops confirmed with the team Thursday evening that 2018 third round pick Julia Reisingerova will not be coming over to the WNBA this season, and that the team has waived three players — Maimouna Diarra, Saicha Grant-Allen and Tiffany Jackson-Jones.

PostPosted: 04/27/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/26/los-angeles-sparks-finalize-training-camp-roster/

Quote:
High Post Hoops confirmed with the team Thursday evening that 2018 third round pick Julia Reisingerova will not be coming over to the WNBA this season, and that the team has waived three players — Maimouna Diarra, Saicha Grant-Allen and Tiffany Jackson-Jones.

Now I’m left wondering if they actually got confirmation directly from team, or they’re just going by that tweet and making assumptions.

I don’t believe Diarra was even signed, unless she got a multiple year deal last season.

Jackson-Jones has dropped the Jones for a while now. Hasn’t been referenced as that all this off season. So how did they come up with Jackson-Jones... not from the team.

jap

PostPosted: 04/27/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

If TJJ is gone, Brian must really be impressed with Maria.

PostPosted: 04/27/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Either that, or he was impressed with Bass as well. While I hope Vadeeva gets minutes, Agler's reputation with playing rookies leaves much to be desired.
jap

PostPosted: 04/27/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Either that, or he was impressed with Bass as well. While I hope Vadeeva gets minutes, Agler's reputation with playing rookies leaves much to be desired.

I forgot we acquired Mistie too. It will be interesting to see how well she plays now after her pregnancy.

PostPosted: 04/27/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

I forgot we acquired Mistie too. It will be interesting to see how well she plays now after her pregnancy.

Agreed. I think Bass has to make the team to play back-up minutes in the event of injury. I remember liking her as she is very blue collar. I thought she did well in Phoenix.

I think the opening day roster is looking more set, with the team waiving TJJ.

PF: Ogwumike/Bass

The most vulnerable to me would be Wiese. Next most vulnerable would be Dabovic, although I have always liked what she can do on the offensive side given some minutes and some rope.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/27/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Agreed. I think Bass has to make the team to play back-up minutes in the event of injury. I remember liking her as she is very blue collar. I thought she did well in Phoenix.

The most vulnerable to me would be Wiese. Next most vulnerable would be Dabovic, although I have always liked what she can do on the offensive side given some minutes and some rope.

So what do you do about Riquana though ?

PostPosted: 04/27/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

So what do you do about Riquana though ?

Great question. I have no clue. Only person I see her replacing is Wiese, but then you run into salary cap issues. Also, she doesn't have Agler's trust plus she seems redundant of Pondexter. She has a chance, but uphill battle in my opinion.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/27/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't got all the numbers in this case, but even if they can afford to keep 12 I'm definitely not convinced they can afford to just cut Williams (who I assume got all the years of her deal guaranteed when she was signed-and-traded to LA). Just cut someone like that and you have to pay out the contract, with the whole payout going on your cap. So they'd still need someone to take her off their hands (or possibly to cut Wiese or Dabovic instead).

Or I guess they could cut Bass and go into the season with an 8/4 perimeter/post split, but that'd be pretty freaking unusual and dangerous. Who's the emergency post? Alana Beard? Essence Carson? Yikes.

PostPosted: 04/27/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there any word on Beard’s injury? She’s not listed on their training camp update on their facebook page.

PostPosted: 04/27/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they can't trade Williams, Wise or Dabovic is the likely cut
And Jackson basically got cut in favor of Bass.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/27/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Is there any word on Beard’s injury? She’s not listed on their training camp update on their facebook page.

My understanding is that she had some kind of facial injury but we've seen her since then at Duke and the Harvard business school post.

Hmmm....I see folks are asking where she is sooo hmmm https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh653fyHdT8/?taken-by=alanabeard

I'm hoping her missing from the roster is some kind of typo. I suppose we will see tomorrow.

With Williams, I'm always afraid that you trade her and then she comes and drops 50 on your team! Laughing Laughing Seriously, she was dealing with an injury last year and I'm just hoping she'll be able to get in a much better space and earn the trust of her coach and teammates.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you knew Tiffany Jackson had a game like this in a championship game on 4/9/18, would you cut her without giving her a chance in camp? Without official verification, I have a hard time believing it.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/27/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it's a cap issue between her and Bass? Can't keep both, so they cut Jackson immediately.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/28/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks sign Kaylee Jensen, Taya Reimer, and Kathryn Westbeld

PostPosted: 04/28/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sparks sign Kaylee Jensen, Taya Reimer, and Kathryn Westbeld

Odd they're announcing Jensen signing again. Wasn't she signed right after the draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 10 of 22

Jump to: