RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Agree or Disagree?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/19/18 8:27 pm    ::: Agree or Disagree? Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 04/19/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree. There should be no job in which someone works full time and ends up below the poverty line for an average sized family.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/20/18 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this reminds me of the (usually white) folks who bitch at (usually non-white) people for not working enough or not having a better paying job while simultaneously bitching that the economy sucks.

the 2nd part seems to happen less now that "the black guy" is no longer POTUS.

PostPosted: 04/20/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
this reminds me of the (usually white) folks who bitch at (usually non-white) people for not working enough or not having a better paying job while simultaneously bitching that the economy sucks.

the 2nd part seems to happen less now that "the black guy" is no longer POTUS.

You can fight back with actual data!

What We Get Wrong About Closing the Racial Wealth Gap

https://socialequity.duke.edu/sites/socialequity.duke.edu/files/site-images/FINAL%20COMPLETE%20REPORT_.pdf

PostPosted: 04/20/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The OP said nothing about race. Getting hung up on the amount of net worth possessed by the poorest people according to race?

The white household living near the poverty line typically has about $18,000 in wealth, while black households in similar economic straits typically have a median wealth near zero. This means, in turn, that many black families have a negative net worth. (Hamilton et al. 2015).

That statement sounds weird on many levels, but instead of getting hung up on it, YEAH, black Americans are at the butt end of this economy ALWAYS. There's a downturn, a recession, anything... there's nothing underneath a ridiculously large percentage of African Americans. That's why economic justice to fight what has become a grotesquely unequal American society is by far the most important political issue of our time.

Study the poor, by all means. Forget race, please. It's political poison. But always know it is always far worse for blacks. But above all, the most important battlefield in the war against inequality is STUDY THE RICH. How many of them are there? More than you can imagine. What is the trajectory of their lives and their net worth and that of their children? What are their expectations and realizations of those expectations when it comes to education? What are their influences on the political system? Why do they care about the issues that they care about? And then look behind those stated reasons for caring because these people are far smarter than to come to the political table like open-faced turkey sandwiches with gravy. You have to dig deep to find out the actual reasons why they want what they want. They are not humanitarian reasons. lol. Grow the fuck up.

And also look inwards and put your own house in order. There is a world of bad actors out there. You have one weapon that you can use against them. Think a gun metaphor if it doesn't cause dizziness or fainting. But your gun is broken. And worse, bad actors actually have come into your house and stolen your gun!

That gun, your ONLY weapon to fight the world of bad actors, is the Democratic Party. It's broken, and its been stolen and is now in the hands of the bad actors.

Okay, I'm ranting.

It's not that Trump is a bad president who will ruin America. It's that Obama was a good president who ruined America. Bush was a bad president who ruined America. Clinton was a good president who ruined America. Reagan was a bad president who ruined America. They're all ruining America.

It's a RUINED FUCKING THING. Period. Trump is only going to do an even worse job as president and ruin it possibly as bad or worse than Bush did.

Why does CNN cover Trump and Comey and Cohen and Stormy Daniels endlessly when there is ALL this other stuff out there, the RUINING OF AMERICA, the economic decline of the poor and working class, how about the continued decades old abandonment of any drumbeat for correcting the educational and economic woes of inner city blacks? We have homelessness on a scale we probably haven't seen since the great depression.

Why isn't that stuff front and center on CNN? Because a bunch of people who went to private K-12 schools, who probably were the kids or nieces and nephews of those who were also in the ranks of those who work at the higher levels of the national news media, or are part of the northeast corridor elite in any of scores of other possible ways, or were from the California wing of the controlling elite in this country... because THOSE people care far more about RATINGS for their network, what that means in advertising dollars (CNN has always had pathetic advertisers, some bordering on disreputable and I think more than one who were targets of investigations or lawsuits... but things are looking better NOW though.) and what the advertising dollars say about how well they're doing their jobs and how much they're paid and what Pulitzers for covering Trump they can put on their resumes, etc.

So the entire national news PRODUCT is not about the troubles or ills that large portions of the American people are suffering, the destruction of industries and towns across America, as Trump and Bernie Sanders both pointed out, it's about themselves and advancing anything on the air that even incrementally helps them in their lives, their careers, their team effort to crush the competition, etc. Their dynasty.

We don't talk about any of this that much. But we talk about all of these painful subjects here more in one year in the off-topic wing of a women's basketball message board than you will hear on CNN in that same year. Shit, the spaghetti that I throw on the wall here myself is more than these subjects are covered on CNN.

That's an unedited rant. I have to get on the treadmill.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: