RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 04/16/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

This completely contradicts stories over a year old that UConn had offered Brunelle, such as this one. To me, it also contradicts logic that UConn wouldn't have offered a player who has been at or near #1 in her class for three years.

Does Auriemma go after every #1 and every top 3? He's got other #1's on his squad and other #1's coming in so he has to worry about playing time and positions.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They dropped her some time ago. That’s why someone close to her started posting on The Boneyard questioning why. And no they do not recruit according to rankings as once there is something that doesn’t fit they move on.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was ready to jump off the cliff, but having read a post made by a horse on the boner, I'm relieved to know that everything is fine in HuskyLand.

The horse seems to hint that, because it has happened before, multiple CT NCs are just around the corner.

Hallelujah.

Another interesting post there, made by the grande dame, contends that the last two UConn losses were due to "freak" shots.

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/17/18 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very interesting -- Marisa Moseley gets a head coaching job before Shea Ralph, who I thought might be a candidate for Virginia, which is close to her home state of North Carolina.

Will/should Geno replace Moseley with former long time assistant, and recently fired Cincinnati head coach, Jamelle Elliott? I say he shouldn't, and he further shouldn't hire any of his former players, unless it's Diana Taurasi. Get a new-blooded recruiting velociraptor, unless it's Diana.

Fifteen years ago I opined that Diana would be the best person eventually to replace Geno. I still feel that way, but she should have some sort of college coaching experience first.

On Edit: The job posting on the UConn site is very interesting. It says:

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Master’s degree in Sports Management or related field; former playing experience at both the collegiate and professional (WNBA) levels; experience developing skills of guards; coaching experience in the Northeast; and participated in and coordinated community service activities for student-athletes.

Guards? Moseley was a post coach. Is something more than Moseley abrew? On the other paw, the position posting may just be an irrelevant formality, as it's possible Geno has a candidate already selected.
tfan

PostPosted: 04/17/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Very interesting -- Marisa Moseley gets a head coaching job before Shea Ralph, who I thought might be a candidate for Virginia, which is close to her home state of North Carolina.

Will/should Geno replace Moseley with former long time assistant, and recently fired Cincinnati head coach, Jamelle Elliott? I say he shouldn't, and he further shouldn't hire any of his former players, unless it's Diana Taurasi. Get a new-blooded recruiting velociraptor, unless it's Diana.

Fifteen years ago I opined that Diana would be the best person eventually to replace Geno. I still feel that way, but she should have some sort of college coaching experience first.

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Master’s degree in Sports Management or related field; former playing experience at both the collegiate and professional (WNBA) levels; experience developing skills of guards; coaching experience in the Northeast; and participated in and coordinated community service activities for student-athletes.

Guards? Moseley was a post coach. Is something more than Moseley brewing? On the other paw, the position posting may just be an irrelevant formality, as it's possible Geno has a candidate already selected.

Normally, when you have a candidate in mind for a job, you write the job requirements to match the resume of that candidate.

When they put "former WNBA player" in the requirements, that certainly narrows the list. Makes it sound like they have someone in mind. If that requirement is not tailored to a specific candidate, not sure why they feel that is necessary. Perhaps it helps in recruiting as people are suggesting with Whalen.

Tameka Williams fits a couple of the requirements, but not the guard part. Jennifer Rizzotti fits them all, but she's a head coach.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Guards? Moseley was a post coach. Is something more than Moseley brewing? On the other paw, the position posting may just be an irrelevant formality, as it's possible Geno has a candidate already selected.

Normally, when you have a candidate in mind for a job, you write the job requirements to match the resume of that candidate.

When they put "former WNBA player" in the requirements, that certainly narrows the list. Makes it sound like they have someone in mind. If that requirement is not tailored to a specific candidate, not sure why they feel that is necessary. Perhaps it helps in recruiting as people are suggesting with Whalen.

Tameka Williams fits a couple of the requirements, but not the guard part. Jennifer Rizzotti fits them all, but she's a head coach.

The job posting says it will be removed on April 18, which is tomorrow. Which further means that an announcement could be made immediately thereafter.

But let's take the job requirements seriously. It would seem to require a female (WNBA), and Geno has never had a male assistant to my recollection. He should probably hire a black because the rest of his staff is white.

Now who could have been a WNBA player, likely a guard, who has coaching experience in the northeast? Morgan Valley would fit the bill except for the WNBA part, plus she's white. Dawn Stal . . . no. Willnett Crockett is a post coach and I don't think she played in the WNBA.

Thinking . . . . . .
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

The job posting says it will be removed on April 18, which is tomorrow. Which further means that an announcement could be made immediately thereafter.

But let's take the job requirements seriously. It would seem to require a female (WNBA), and Geno has never had a male assistant to my recollection. He should probably hire a black because the rest of his staff is white.

Now who could have been a WNBA player, likely a guard, who has coaching experience in the northeast? Morgan Valley would fit the bill except for the WNBA part, plus she's white. Dawn Stal . . . no. Willnett Crockett is a post coach and I don't think she played in the WNBA.

Thinking . . . . . .

I really hope it's not Jamelle but it probably will be. Honestly if I was a young kid now she wouldn't do too much for me. Marisa had a great personality and was more bubbly. I've never been too impressed with Jamelle's demeanor. Apparently neither were recruits in Ohio.

It should be an African American female under 40.

And why would the coach be for guards? Wasn't Moseley a post in college? Has Auriemma just given up on posts all together?

Last edited by acsuc99 on 04/17/18 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I was ready to jump off the cliff, but having read a post made by a horse on the boner, I'm relieved to know that everything is fine in HuskyLand.

The horse seems to hint that, because it has happened before, multiple CT NCs are just around the corner.

Hallelujah.

Another interesting post there, made by the grande dame, contends that the last two UConn losses were due to "freak" shots.

Rolling Eyes

HuskyNan has been in full meltdown mode all season. Banning Game threads, telling people they are WORRY WARTS. Well Nan the worry warts had a reason to be worried. She is just lighting into people daily. Laughing She seems stunned that people are pissed that Geno basically handed the title of Women's Basketball Queens to the trash talking arrogant Fightin' Muffetts.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Thinking . . . . . .

I really hope it's not Jamelle but it probably will be. Honestly if I was a young kid now she wouldn't do too much for me. Marisa had a great personality and was more bubbly.

And why would the coach be for guards? Wasn't Moseley a post in college? Has Auriemma just given up on posts all together?

My memory is fading, acsuc99, but didn't Marisa Moseley owe her basketball success to attending high school with you, or was that the president of ESPN who owes his success to your diligent work?
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At first I thought it could be their GA but from the description I would guess Lister.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
At first I thought it could be their GA but from the description I would guess Lister.

You're often on the money, bballjunkie, and I think you may have nailed this one. Jasmine Lister assisted two years at UConn, where she got a Masters degree in Sports Management, plus a year at Washington and DePaul (Geno's best buddy), and she played a year in the WNBA for the Sparks as a guard, after a very successful career at Vanderbilt. Geno and the rest of his staff would know her intimately. The job description now looks as if it were written with her in mind.
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
acsuc99 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Quote:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

Thinking . . . . . .

I really hope it's not Jamelle but it probably will be. Honestly if I was a young kid now she wouldn't do too much for me. Marisa had a great personality and was more bubbly.

My memory is fading, acsuc99, but didn't Marisa Moseley owe her basketball success to attending high school with you, or was that the president of ESPN who owes his success to your diligent work?

Good memory Glenn! I am in mourning that my FAB Marisa is moving on! I wish her good luck to avoid the Jamelle curse.

Last edited by acsuc99 on 04/17/18 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shea Ralph will be taking maternity leave I assume?

Is this my nightmare in motion?!?....Shea goes, Jamelle comes, Geno quits, Jamelle takes over....

PostPosted: 04/17/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Shea Ralph will be taking maternity leave

????

What's the story on this?
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Shea Ralph will be taking maternity leave

????

What's the story on this?

Do you think your omission of "I assume?" changes my statement at all?

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it was the best kept secret (other than 531 not knowing UConn wasn't really a 94% lock for the NC) in WCB.

But for those of us able to get profile views, secretive Shea was carrying.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My parents were at the games at Albany and the first thing my mom said to me when she returned from Albany was

Mama ACSUC99- "SHEA RALPH IS PREGNANT!"

ACS- "WHAT, HOW DO YOU KNOW!"

MAMA- "I COULD SEE HER BUMP FROM THE NOSE BLEEDS!"

Score one for Mama.

I'm all in for Jasmin Lister. UConn will need her movie star looks after ND stole their thunder and is sending players to Dancing with the "Stars".

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
My parents were at the games at Albany and the first thing my mom said to me when she returned from Albany was

Mama ACSUC99- "SHEA RALPH IS PREGNANT!"

ACS- "WHAT, HOW DO YOU KNOW!"

MAMA- "I COULD SEE HER BUMP FROM THE NOSE BLEEDS!"

Score one for Mama.

I'm all in for Jasmin Lister. UConn will need her movie star looks after ND stole their thunder and is sending players to Dancing with the "Stars".

I can't remember when we 1st noticed. Louisville game for me it must have been.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Ralph looked pregnant when I saw her in Albany, but of course I couldn't be positive. I'm just surprised that it hasn't been discussed somewhere with some facts. Or has it? I haven't read the Boneyard in many years except looking at a couple of recruiting threads recently.
acsuc99

PostPosted: 04/17/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I thought Ralph looked pregnant when I saw her in Albany, but of course I couldn't be positive. I'm just surprised that it hasn't been discussed somewhere with some facts. Or has it? I haven't read the Boneyard in many years except looking at a couple of recruiting threads recently.

If it was discussed on The Boneyard it was probably deleted because Nan has been in some kind of mood this whole season!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/18/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a hard time believing that a UConn coach can be pregnant and no one in their massive fan following, and that no one in the largest WCBB press corps in existence, is asking Ralph or UConn about it.

I recall many WCBB coaches whose pregnancies became big and interesting stories -- e.g., Nikki Caldwell-not-yet-Fargas, Brenda Frese, Charli Turner-Thorne, Kim Barnes Arico.

I've never heard that Ralph is in a relationship of any kind, but that doesn't mean much because it may not have been reported and I don't follow things like that anyway. But, ASSUMING Ralph is in fact pregnant, there would seem to be five logical possibilities:

1. Ralph is married to a guy and is having his child.

2. Ralph isn't married to a guy but is having his child.

3. Ralph is in a relationship or marriage with a woman and they are having a child by artificial insemination/implant.

4. Ralph isn't in a relationship or married to anyone but just wants to have a child for herself by artificial insemination/implant.

5. Ralph is serving as a surrogate mother for someone else.

Now, do any of us have a "right" to know the answer. No, of course not. But we all do have a right to be curious and to ask questions. So, who out there in the brave new media world is going to ask some questions? I mean, it can't be a secret; the entire team and athletic department must know the story.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/18/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I don't need Sherlock Holmes or Dorothy Kilgallen to track down the Shea Ralph baby and relationship story.

This baby registry site says that a Shea Ralph and Thomas Garrick have a baby due on June 26, 2018.

Last week Thomas Garrick, a former NBA player and WCBB coach at URI, Vanderbilt and BC, was announced, "in front of family", as the head coach of the women's basketball team at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell.

That announcement has a photo gallery linked to it. One of the photos shows Shea Ralph standing next to Garrick. Here's the photo:

The UConn press Horde can take it from there.
Coyotes

PostPosted: 04/18/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I remember their being a video vault with all the Huskies games. Does anyone remember where I can find this?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/19/18 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://uconnhuskygames.com/2015-2016-womens-basketball-game-replays/#

Coyotes wrote:
So, I remember their being a video vault with all the Huskies games. Does anyone remember where I can find this?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/19/18 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My God, that's the first pic I've seen of Shea Ralph smiling since I don't know when! Every time I see her on TV (which is usually on the bench) or in a pic (which is admittedly usually a bench shot) she looks pained. Nice pic. She should smile once in awhile. She doesn't usually even smile when the team is leaving the court, and it makes her look way older than she is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: