RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/14/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Khaleann Caron-Goudreau has graduated from Texas and is going back to Quebec to compete for Universite Laval while earning her MBA.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Australian Anneli Maley, who played for Oregon as a freshman, has transferred to TCU.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate. WTH.

Last edited by summertime blues on 04/15/18 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/15/18 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another Duck froshie, G Aina Agustin, is leaving the team. She is from Spain and is reported to be turning pro.

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 04/16/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Colorado Buffaloes will be without JUCU transfers Jenea Bunn and Jaimie Curtis next season. Near the end of the link, the article mentions that Bunn left during the season for personal reasons, and the 6'7" Curtis received the least playing time of the roster.

http://www.buffzone.com/womensbasketball/ci_31805565/jr-payne-excited-future-cu-buffs-womens-basketball

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/17/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M picked up a JUCO point guard; ,.Shambria carter 5'7" out of Central Florida college.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sierra Calhoun grad transferring out of tOSU. ( so much for her and Waterman staying for their final year of eligibility)

Victoria Patrick (rising junior) is leaving South Carolina

Medinnah Mohammed (who averaged almost 17 points per game and frosh Chyna Nixon are leaving Ole Miss

Maryland signed JUCO Sara Vujaxic, a 5-11 SG with two years of eligibility left

Whew

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/17/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Sierra Calhoun grad transferring out of tOSU.

That's intriguing. I assume she would want to go to a school that has a reasonable shot at a NC, but there are only a handful of those, and some either wouldn't have room for her or (e.g., UConn) wouldn't want her.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/17/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G Victoria Patrick leaving South Carolina for North Florida. https://t.co/8JtTCRcUIe

PostPosted: 04/17/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm probably the only one to think this, but isn't a scholarship a "contract" that goes two ways...doesn't the school owe the recruit who signs on 4 yrs?....how can they "fire" these players?....

apparently they can kick people off teams at will....seems to happen a lot more recently...how many players have left Oregone just this year....last count was 4, and I'm sure they were "encouraged"...

but how is this fair to the athlete?...afterall, they could have played elsewhere for 4 yrs...

tfan

PostPosted: 04/17/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
I'm probably the only one to think this, but isn't a scholarship a "contract" that goes two ways...doesn't the school owe the recruit who signs on 4 yrs?....how can they "fire" these players?....

apparently they can kick people off teams at will....seems to happen a lot more recently...how many players have left Oregone just this year....last count was 4, and I'm sure they were "encouraged"...

but how is this fair to the athlete?...afterall, they could have played elsewhere for 4 yrs...

I don't know if Oregon is rescinding scholarships, but you could see transfers coming because they have been getting so many decent recruits. They had five freshman coming in 2016 and then Ionescu joined them. Then they added 3 freshman and a transfer from Notre Dame in 2017. It just isn't possible to get decent playing time for that many players, even if there weren't two other classes on the team.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
elsie wrote:

I don't know if Oregon is rescinding scholarships, but you could see transfers coming because they have been getting so many decent recruits. They had five freshman coming in 2016 and then Ionescu joined them. Then they added 3 freshman and a transfer from Notre Dame in 2017. It just isn't possible to get decent playing time for that many players, even if there weren't two other classes on the team.

yeah, I think Malley and the Spanish PG in particular would not have been 'encouraged' to leave since I think both would have gotten time on the floor, but for the posts who are clearly only going to be sitting on the bench, it is not surprising at all that they would choose to leave. I actually expected it last year. Of course I also expected some of the UConn benchies to leave too so what do I know anyway.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 04/18/18 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
....what do I know anyway.

You, Myrtle, know many many secrets of This Universe and the One in Oregon. Be still my heart. Wink

PostPosted: 04/18/18 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is Oregon plays 6/7 players this year.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the college scholarship is only a one year contract. So if the athlete wants to go somewhere else, they are free to do so. With that freedom comes the risk that the school will choose to not renew the scholarship.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
elsie wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the college scholarship is only a one year contract. So if the athlete wants to go somewhere else, they are free to do so. With that freedom comes the risk that the school will choose to not renew the scholarship.

A few years ago it was voted in that NCAA Division I schools can offer 4 year scholarships. I think a couple of conferences voted it in and their schools had to go that route and I think the Big Ten was one of those leagues. However, I don't think it applied to all sports across the board.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that all five P5 conferences mandated 4 yr scholarships for all sports. Some other conferences like the BE did it only for a couple of sports. Many smaller conferences did nothing.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
....what do I know anyway.

You, Myrtle, know many many secrets of This Universe and the One in Oregon. Be still my heart. Wink

Laughing Howee, you always make me laugh. Thank you.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/18/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Medinnah Mohammed (who averaged almost 17 points per game and frosh Chyna Nixon are leaving Ole Miss

Maybe not happy with the coaching change? IDK, but their roster shows 6 of the remaining 10 players on the team will be seniors next year. The new coaching staff will have a major recruiting job ahead.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/18/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
I believe that all five P5 conferences mandated 4 yr scholarships for all sports. Some other conferences like the BE did it only for a couple of sports. Many smaller conferences did nothing.

The scholarships are mandated, though being on the team is not. They can still be removed from the team, but the university will still pay their tuition and stipend.

Most players want to play, and most are encouraged to look elsewhere rather than just kicked off.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

G Victoria Patrick leaving South Carolina for North Florida. https://t.co/8JtTCRcUIe

PostPosted: 04/19/18 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Maybe not happy with the coaching change? IDK, but their roster shows 6 of the remaining 10 players on the team will be seniors next year. The new coaching staff will have a major recruiting job ahead.

It's interesting that they've updated the roster to reflect The transfer of Mohammed and Kate Rogers but left China Nixon, Barbara Johnson and Promise Taylor are still with the team when all three have been reported to be seeking a transfer

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 04/19/18 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This likely won't register on most people's radar, but with the out of the blue announcement that D3 Mount Ida College is closing next month, a lot of athletes will be transferring including one of my former youth league players who had a year of eligibility left for the women's basketball team.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/19/18 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

It's interesting that they've updated the roster to reflect The transfer of Mohammed and Kate Rogers but left China Nixon, Barbara Johnson and Promise Taylor are still with the team when all three have been reported to be seeking a transfer

I think Medinah Mohammed should be a grad transfer by now. I could be wrong, however.

PostPosted: 04/19/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall coach Tony Bozzella advocates reducing the number of scholarships allowed in WBB, arguing that this would lead to far fewer transfers.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/987016135194415104
https://setonhall.forums.rivals.com/threads/part-1-of-our-tony-bozzella-interview.34683/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 8 of 37

Jump to: