RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you have a link to that? I want to see the context.

They probably were hoping for a successor to Bird. In that case their only other possible options were a deferred Romero or Chong. I think they made a reasonable choice.... nothing to really beat them up over like trading the first round pick.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 04/17/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Do you have a link to that? I want to see the context.

They probably were hoping for a successor to Bird. In that case their only other possible options were a deferred Romero or Chong. I think they made a reasonable choice.... nothing to really beat them up over like trading the first round pick.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=89447&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/17/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peterson is not a pass first PG. Something that is important when your playing with Stewart and Loyd. Hopefully Canada can provide that pass first mentality

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Peterson is not a pass first PG. Something that is important when your playing with Stewart and Loyd. Hopefully Canada can provide that pass first mentality

People say the same kind of thing about Mitchell, Plum, and Carter. I think it depends on the system.

Last edited by Shades on 04/17/18 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Peterson was a clear cut when they drafted Canada. Quinn will be the defacto 3rd PG.

Agreed...However, multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Why would they be against it? Peterson at #15 seemed like fair value. I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

Dream should give her a training camp contract. If not the Dream, you would think some team would as opposed to some of the random players that are getting invites.

scrappy

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Peterson was a clear cut when they drafted Canada. Quinn will be the defacto 3rd PG.

Agreed...However, multiple posters on this board were against Seattle drafting Peterson.

Why would they be against it? Peterson at #15 seemed like fair value. I kinda wonder if Peterson got a fair shake. She had to develop under Boucek. Someone like Pokey might be able to spin her into gold.

whom has pokey spun into gold that was not already gold to begin with?

PostPosted: 04/17/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Didn’t SEA kick Quigley to the curb?
Didn’t Pokey stick with Vandersloot despite the first couple years of heavy angst from CHI fans?
Didn’t Pokey convert Faulkner from a third round pick to a guard that CHI fans refuse to deal?
Didn’t Pokey convert Poison into Perrier? (Wheeler reference)

I may be forgetting someone, but that’s not a bad collection right there.

Last edited by Shades on 04/18/18 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
scrappy

PostPosted: 04/18/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
scrappy wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Didn’t SEA kick Quigley to the curb?
Didn’t Pokey stick with Vandersloot despite the first couple years of heavy angst from CHI fans?
Didn’t Pokey covert Faulkner from a third round pick to a guard that CHI fans refuse to deal?
Didn’t Pokey convert Poison into Perrier? (Wheeler reference)

I may be forgetting someone, but that’s not a bad collection right there.

those are not gold. they may be polished brass. but definitely not gold.

PostPosted: 04/18/18 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Hillsman or Potter beats out Crvendakic for a spot?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I've seen quite a bit of Hillsman and Potter and don't think either are W material. But I don't know anything about Crvendakic.

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rq2gkYSkfHY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

warning: turn down the volume Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Stever. well I think we can safely say that neither Potter nor Hillsman will beat her out...but of course they don't remotely play the same position. Looks like a better shooting version of Tak.. She's already wearing the right colors too.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rq2gkYSkfHY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like a good pick up. Looks like a perimeter threat, something Seattle needs. Hope KML comes to camp in shape, or Crvendakic will be taking her playing time, and maybe some of Clark's as well. I hope Crvendakic works on her ball fake because I noticed a few travels that she may not get away with in the W.

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
stever wrote:

Looks like a good pick up. Looks like a perimeter threat, something Seattle needs. Hope KML comes to camp in shape, or Crvendakic will be taking her playing time, and maybe some of Clark's as well. I hope Crvendakic works on her ball fake because I noticed a few travels that she may not get away with in the W.

Ive seen her play a few times when scouting Coates. Crvendakic is a bit skiddish or timid against superior talent. Something you obviously wont see on a highlight film , but i do agree shes a good pick up for the storm. I see her cutting into KML and whitcombs minutes for sure. Her defense still needs a lot of work feet wise.

PostPosted: 04/18/18 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
stever wrote:

Ive seen her play a few times when scouting Coates. Crvendakic is a bit skiddish or timid against superior talent. Something you obviously wont see on a highlight film , but i do agree shes a good pick up for the storm. I see her cutting into KML and whitcombs minutes for sure. Her defense still needs a lot of work feet wise.

That could give them a nice mix. Whitcomb can come in when they need some quick-release threes, and Crvendakic can come in when they need some slow-release threes.

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I've seen quite a bit of Hillsman and Potter and don't think either are W material. But I don't know anything about Crvendakic.

Toad’s love of undrafted camp invites rivals you and Thibault’s love of mid-major players. Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Toad’s love of undrafted camp invites rivals you and Thibault’s love of mid-major players. Wink

I do love some mids but usually don't have great expectations for them actually making a team.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 04/19/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3b2H7Q8bKE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/19/18 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
stever wrote:

Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/25/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
stever wrote:

Laughing Laughing

How are storm fans feeling about Crvendakic making the team now after getting a live view of her talents in euroleague over the weekend? I was a bit disappointed but shes not on my team so im interested to hear your thoughts?

PostPosted: 04/26/18 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
How are storm fans feeling about Crvendakic making the team now after getting a live view of her talents in euroleague over the weekend? I was a bit disappointed but shes not on my team so im interested to hear your thoughts?

I like her rebounding and effort she puts up but offensively the only thing that ive seen is that she is a good spot up 3pointshooter. And if you compare that with KML then KML is a better shooter. She is a project. She will not get minutes at PF because we are loaded at that position. I dont know if she can defend SF's in the WNBA (maybe in the future) so minutes will be limited there aswell. Because i would rather have Howard play some backup minutes at the SF spot then her. If KML is healthy then i think the names below are locks with 1 spot up for grabs. I wouldnt mind if she got that spot but we also have to look at players that might get waived.

PG: Bird, Canada, Quinn
SG: Loyd, Whitcomb
SF: Clark, KML
PF: Stewart, Howard
C: Langhorne, Paris

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/26/18 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird isn’t just a legend for the Storm, she’s a rock for Team USA

..“I see the work she puts in and I see the thought she puts in,” said new Storm coach Dan Hughes, who is a USA Basketball assistant. “What intrigues me is watching the process she goes through and the sacrifice she makes to put her body in that situation. And not many athletes do that.”..

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/sue-bird-isnt-just-a-legend-for-the-storm-shes-a-rock-for-team-usa/

tfan

PostPosted: 04/26/18 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
“What intrigues me is watching the process she goes through and the sacrifice she makes to put her body in that situation. And not many athletes do that.”..

OK, now I want to know what the process is that she goes through and what situations she puts her body in.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/26/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:
“What intrigues me is watching the process she goes through and the sacrifice she makes to put her body in that situation. And not many athletes do that.”..

OK, now I want to know what the process is that she goes through and what situations she puts her body in.

Boring diet and sobriety? That's my guess at least. She is in INCREDIBLE shape, best in her career.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/26/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In terms of 'sacrifice' she also stopped playing overseas long before her earning potential was finished, saving her body for the Storm and TeamUSA. The better move for her bank balance would probably have been to prioritise Dynamo RandomRussianTeam.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 12 of 20

Jump to: