RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bottom four teams,Who's not making the Playoffs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's not making the Playoffs?
Indiana
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Washington
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
New York
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Chicago
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Las Vegas
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Seattle
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Atlanta
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Dallas
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Connecticut
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Phoenix
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Los Angeles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Minnesota
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
I have been having such wonderful dreams of a little lotto luck, an early declaration, and replacing Whalen with Ionescu.

Ionescu is excellent, but I don’t see her as the early declaring and not getting her degree type.... unless she’s like Anriel Howard and wraps up her degree in three years.

To me right now, nothing can top the vision of Teaira McCowan learning from Sylvia Fowles. Ohmigawd ohmigawd ohmigawd. Hey whoever has #1, you go ahead and take Kalani Brown. I want McCowan. No phone calls will be accepted.

Hopefully Seattle finishes middle of the pack . Laughing

We want PPs!
Though you wanted PPs for Dallas like crazy last year, didn't get any, and still got Azura Stevens!

Yessss this was wayyyy better than any PP i could have Winged of! 2 game changing type players in 1 offseason will make you forget about PP's Laughing . Also sorry Mavcarter not trying to beat up on gabby any longer i just think she could be more successful and have a more stable career playing a position that will FORCE her to get better . SF a position i think she can rule and take to the next level. Shes the closest thing ive seen to Catch period. Mav we go way back #SQUAAAD4Liife Cool

PostPosted: 04/14/18 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe the Aces and the Sky will make the playoffs. I believe the Fever and the Storm will not make the playoffs. My predictions are based on the health and availability of the key players for each team. If any players are unavailable for a long time then of course my prediction will change. Wink

PostPosted: 04/14/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can somebody explain the Storm not making the playoffs? Trust me, I would LOVE if they didn’t make the playoffs. Me and SpaceJunkie would throw a parade for Reeve. I’m just not seeing it.... I need a thorough explanation. Is it because you don’t believe in Dan Hughes.... he kinda drove San Antonio out of business? I know he may have went for need in this draft instead of the best player available, but that can’t be the only explanation. Hughes is probably a good coach. He was just not able to build a great roster in San Antonio, but now he has one already built. It’s kinda like Curt Miller going into CON with a formidable roster mostly built by Ann Donovan. Hughes has got a MVP level player in Stewart going into her third year. He’s got one of the best PG’s of all time who still seems to be in pretty good shape. And then he has Jewell Loyd. There’s your three headed monster right there. He also has some key role players in Langhorne, Clark, Paris, Howard, and Whitcomb. So they go 8 deep fairly nicely. Plus they’ve added intriguing prospects in Canada, Crvendakic, and Muldrow (myrtle’s fav). And then the only player player I haven’t mentioned is KML, who some people will always believe in. This is not exactly the worse roster to be working with.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/14/18 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Can somebody explain the Storm not making the playoffs? Trust me, I would LOVE if they didn’t make the playoffs. Me and SpaceJunkie would throw a parade for Reeve. I’m just not seeing it.... I need a thorough explanation. Is it because you don’t believe in Dan Hughes.... he kinda drive San Antonio out of business? I know he may have went for need in this draft instead of the best player available, but that can’t be the only explanation. Hughes is probably a good coach. He was just not able to build a great roster in San Antonio, but now he has one already built. It’s kinda like Curt Miller going into CON with a formidable roster mostly built by Ann Donovan. Hughes has got a MVP level player in Stewart going into her third year. He’s got one of the best PG’s of all time who still seems to be in pretty good shape. And then he has Jewell Loyd. There’s your three headed monster right there. He also has some key role players in Langhorne, Clark, Paris, Howard, and Whitcomb. So they go 8 deep fairly nicely. Plus they’ve added intriguing prospects in Canada, Crvendakic, and Muldrow (myrtle’s fav). And then the only player player I haven’t mentioned is KML, who some people will always believe in. This is not exactly the worse roster to be working with.

Its a better roster then the Aces, Fever, Sky have and will compete with the Mystics and maybe the Liberty for that last spot in the playoffs

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/14/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think people are being very optimistic about the integration of new players into their team. Like the tendency to ignore defense, fans think teamwork just happens. Remember when Phoenix drafted Griner and everyone just assumed they'd win the championship? Well, it happened -- a year later. The season Griner arrived, the team was pretty mediocre. And did the arrival of EDD and Toliver make Washington an instant juggernaut last year? If you think about it, WNBA training camps are just two weeks long. For much of that time, you've got stars missing because they're still playing overseas. This is no way to develop cohesion and team chemistry. Many teams will not see the full benefits of new players until mid-season, some at the end of the season, and some may have to wait until next year. To that extent, all these maligned teams that made minimal changes may actually have an advantage. If the team was good last year and they remain healthy, then having continuity should help them get off to a good start.

And remember, the benefits of new players are not fully additive. Their minutes mean the reduction of minutes for returning players. Their shots mean fewer shots for teammates. If your team averaged 80 ppg last season, adding a 20 ppg scorer won't result in a squad that averages 100 ppg. Razz In short, it's fine to be optimistic, but don't go crazy. Even if you have all the puzzle pieces on the table, it doesn't mean you can put the puzzle together quickly.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what's the situation with KML. Where is she playing overseas and how is she doing? Any indication of 'better' shape?

- Amanda Gorman
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/14/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agree with Root in terms of team chemistry. I think the best bet for a new player to help immediately would be in “measurable” areas such as rebounding or height where chemistry and adjustment to a system is less important. As such, I think Paris and Howard should help Seattle not yield ten offensive rebounds per game...their big weakness last year. It’s the same reason I think Nurse and Russell provide immediate help to NY. Both players add a measurable the Libs don’t have.

OTOH nobody has Dallas missing the playoffs but I’m not sold. The Tulsa/Dallas teams have never defended well or finished games well with or without Cambage. Till I see them do it, I think their talent is just that. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 or 3 games separating fifth place from tenth. The Liberty, for instance, don’t have as much offensive talent as Dallas or Seattle. But in the last few years, they’ve finished close games better than either of those two teams due to defense and rebounding. Seattle looks better to me this year based on rebounding (though their defense will be weak...imagine Bird and Paris defending the pick and roll) but Dallas has never been a good defensive team. Can somebody provide any substantive rationale why this year should be different? Stevens is a nice prospect but rookie posts usually go through a learning experience on D. So even her addition doesn’t do it for me.

For the same reason, I think Vegas will. Their team defense should be much better and Laimbeer’s coaching is probably good for 2 or 3 wins over their expected W-L based on point differential.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 votes for the Lynx? Motivation opportunity for Reeve? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/14/18 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Mav we go way back #SQUAAAD4Liife Cool

Almost forgot you were my partner in crime. Cool Mr. Green

PostPosted: 04/14/18 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What did Seattle do to improve their defense?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Change coaches

PostPosted: 04/14/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Change coaches

I remain unconvinced.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We Seattle Storm are so making the playoffs, and we will go far if not all the way to the finals. #Threepeat Bird’s gonna retire with a third ‘ship.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces, Fever, Sky, and the Liberty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: