Board Junkies Forums

Who Was The Steal of The Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I forgot about Vadeeva. I think she will be a good player for LA and could help to defend Fowles.

Maybe in a few years but certainly not now

Are you saying in a few years when Fowles gets old?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/15/18 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
I forgot about Vadeeva. I think she will be a good player for LA and could help to defend Fowles.

Maybe in a few years but certainly not now

Are you saying in a few years when Fowles gets old?

I meant it more as in a few years so that Vadeeva can bulk up a bit more. She is already undersized against Fowles but also lacks in the strength department against her. Also playing 20 min per game in the Euroleague is different then playing 20 min in the wnba defending the best posts in the world

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's hard to judge Vadeeva as none of the highlights shows her going against WNBA players. And everybody looks better than they are in a highlight reel. Agler could play her as much as he played Sydney Weise last year - 7.9mpg in 28 regular season games, and 1 minute total in the playoffs. Agler played Sandrine Gruda 3.9mpg in 7 games last year.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hard to see why she would come over to only play a few minutes per game. However, LA is a pretty desirable destination and with living quarters provided, could be tempting.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Hard to see why she would come over to only play a few minutes per game. However, LA is a pretty desirable destination and with living quarters provided, could be tempting.

I believe the apartments the Sparks provide are on the beach. Kind of an unfair advantage for the Sparks, wouldn’t you say?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Agler could play her as much as he played Sydney Weise last year - 7.9mpg in 28 regular season games, and 1 minute total in the playoffs. Agler played Sandrine Gruda 3.9mpg in 7 games last year.

If she’s supposed to be this big time prospect of the future, I could see Agler giving her more time than he normally gives rookies and bench fodder... to keep her more engaged so she wants to come back.

He did give Tolo plenty of time her first year, but I don’t believe she was 20 either.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/15/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
And everybody looks better than they are in a highlight reel.

One of the perils of evaluating players mainly from clips. What you need then is a lowlight or blooper reel to balance it off... not to mention a do-nothing reel where the player is not involved in the action and just stands around watching. Smile

PostPosted: 04/15/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to seeing Maria play against WNBA talent. I loved Marianna Tolo's blue collar work ethic when she played with us a few years back, taking care of all the dirty work inside the paint. Does Maria have such a work ethic to go with her ability to score too?

PostPosted: 04/15/18 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I believe the apartments the Sparks provide are on the beach. Kind of an unfair advantage for the Sparks, wouldn’t you say?

Not unfair advantage against the Lynx in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Maybe the Sun should try that. Razz

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/15/18 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I am really looking forward to seeing Maria play against WNBA talent. I loved Marianna Tolo's blue collar work ethic when she played with us a few years back, taking care of all the dirty work inside the paint. Does Maria have such a work ethic to go with her ability to score too?

You cant really compare the 2. Tolo is a pretty good defender and does all the little things while Maria is a lot more offensive skilled

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: