RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/14/18 9:26 am    ::: Cambage ejected in Commonwealth basketball gold medal game Reply Reply with quote

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/14/22/17/wwos_140418_cambage

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/14/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Basketballologist, thanks for doing these depth charts. Very helpful ...

PostPosted: 04/14/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The thought of having Cambage & Stevens on the court together is scary. Good luck to other teams.

They still have Glory Johnson. What are you going to do, put Christmas and Powers in a corner? Nobody puts Christmas in a corner.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/18 10:49 am    ::: Re: Cambage ejected in Commonwealth basketball gold medal ga Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Seemed like too easy of a technical. She should be able to make faces at the FT line.

I don’t doubt she’ll pick up some techs in the WNBA, but unless co-motherhood has mellowed Taurasi, I don’t see Cambage as the leader in techs.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 04/14/18 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Basketballologist, thanks for doing these depth charts. Very helpful ...

Not a problem

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/14/18 11:18 am    ::: Re: Cambage ejected in Commonwealth basketball gold medal ga Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

Seemed like too easy of a technical. She should be able to make faces at the FT line.

I don’t doubt she’ll pick up some techs in the WNBA, but unless co-motherhood has mellowed Taurasi, I don’t see Cambage as the leader in techs.

This was a prime example of Targeting . No shape of form did she deserve to get tossed.

PostPosted: 04/14/18 1:09 pm    ::: Re: Cambage ejected in Commonwealth basketball gold medal ga Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

This was a prime example of Targeting . No shape of form did she deserve to get tossed.

Yeah this was a very weak call. I wonder if this was a make up call because her first T was because she elbowed someone in the back of the head and they didnt toss her then.

Luuc do you have a video of the elbow to the head?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/15/18 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the sequence that ends with the USF. (It might not last long on YouTube though because the games broadcast network has been very fast to remove everything. Hopefully it will be viewable in some countries for a while)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1cWaZydHs

[ETA] Ok it was blocked within minutes in 133 countries, but looks like Nederland is not one of them, so it might still be viewable for you, Michelle.

PostPosted: 04/15/18 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage's attitude is still that of a spoiled brat. The world is always against her, everyone's being totally unfair, and even if she might've just committed bloody murder that's no good reason for her to receive any kind of punishment. I'd kinda forgotten how thoroughly obnoxious she is most of the time before the Commonwealths, but it all came quickly rushing back.

If you set the over/under for games she'll miss through suspension in the upcoming WNBA season at 1, I'd happily take the over. Video review isn't going to be her friend.

PostPosted: 04/15/18 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
This is the sequence that ends with the USF. (It might not last long on YouTube though because the games broadcast network has been very fast to remove everything. Hopefully it will be viewable in some countries for a while)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1cWaZydHs

[ETA] Ok it was blocked within minutes in 133 countries, but looks like Nederland is not one of them, so it might still be viewable for you, Michelle.

Yeah i could watch it. Tbh they were both fighting for position. A soft call for a T imo but you can give it if you want to take control of the situation and the game.

Like Richyyy said, Cambage attitude will get her in trouble in the WNBA. She will be competing with Taurasi in technicals

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/15/18 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still #WFFL though. Go Liz!!

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Cambage's attitude is still that of a spoiled brat. The world is always against her, everyone's being totally unfair, and even if she might've just committed bloody murder that's no good reason for her to receive any kind of punishment. I'd kinda forgotten how thoroughly obnoxious she is most of the time before the Commonwealths, but it all came quickly rushing back.

If you set the over/under for games she'll miss through suspension in the upcoming WNBA season at 1, I'd happily take the over. Video review isn't going to be her friend.

Hopefully she doesn't negatively affect the attitudes of her Wings teammates towards the refs. She is definitely going to have more reason to be ticked off with regard to "physical play" of her opponents in the WNBA than she has been used to in recent years in other leagues.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/15/18 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see how it goes for her in Dallas.
Her opinion during the recent WNBL season was basically that the league is reffed too soft compared to the WNBA, and that she was looking forward to getting back to that game style. I don't know that it's entirely true, but I do sympathise a little because she was a giant in this league and the midgets were allowed to get away with a lot against her at times. The attitude still gets old fast though.

PostPosted: 04/15/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I'm still #WFFL though. Go Liz!!

+ 1 Of courseeee

PostPosted: 04/16/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at minutes per game possibilities for Wings newcomers at the F/C positions.
Last year Paris was 17.7 mpg. Cambage, by expectations, could warrant a few more than that.
Stevens minutes... If Plaisance does not play, her minutes (12.4mpg) could go to Stevens.
If Cambage and Stevens perform well enough to deserve more than that, it gets a little tricky finding enough playing time for everyone. The F/C positions...Cambage, Stevens, Powers (19.5mpg), Glory (30.1mpg), Thornton (15.3mpg), Christmas-Kelly (23.1mpg) and eventually Plaisance (injury, 12.4mpg)...that's a quality bunch, with Akhator(4.1mpg), Lewis (4.0mpg) (or Butler) yet to prove their value.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/17/18 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doubt Glory plays 30 mpg this season with the post depth now . Cambage should get around 25-28 if conditioned. If AP can perform consistently i can see Gray being pushed to our 6th man hell Azura being our 7th is still so magical i have a hard time believing.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Doubt Glory plays 30 mpg this season with the post depth now . Cambage should get around 25-28 if conditioned. If AP can perform consistently i can see Gray being pushed to our 6th man hell Azura being our 7th is still so magical i have a hard time believing.

Yeah i dont see Cambage averaging more then 28 min per game (probably 25-28max) because of foul trouble and the up and down pace from Dallas.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Plaisance will be ready to play when camps start and Akhator is showing up. Interesting. Wonder if the Wings can deal Akhator somewhere for a second rounder?

http://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-announce-2018-training-camp-roster/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plaisance will be ready? What in the smart drugs is she taking to heal that fast? I’d be surprised if she’s really ready.

Code:
9            Evelyn Shaqhator                  F          6-3           180              2/3/1995              Kentucky                              1                          Shack-uh-TOR

Did you notice anything else? Hamblin is on the training camp roster. This will be intriguing.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just wonder if someone goofed with that press release. Akhator is supposed to be with the Nigerian national team, Plaisance injured and Hamblin is sitting out.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they can be on the roster and not necessarily be there on the first day of camp or even active.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I just wonder if someone goofed with that press release. Akhator is supposed to be with the Nigerian national team, Plaisance injured and Hamblin is sitting out.

Just because Plaisance is on a roster doesn't mean she's healthy, and I don't believe anyone's ever said a thing about Akhator taking the season off. You think Nigeria are having a six-month training camp before the Worlds? Hamblin sat out the 2017 season supposedly to compete for a spot with Canada, but as far as I know hasn't said she was skipping 2018. Considering the player I saw at the Commonwealth Games, it probably doesn't make much difference whether she does or not.

PostPosted: 04/17/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Just because Plaisance is on a roster doesn't mean she's healthy, and I don't believe anyone's ever said a thing about Akhator taking the season off. You think Nigeria are having a six-month training camp before the Worlds? Hamblin sat out the 2017 season supposedly to compete for a spot with Canada, but as far as I know hasn't said she was skipping 2018. Considering the player I saw at the Commonwealth Games, it probably doesn't make much difference whether she does or not.

I actually did hear Ahkahtor taking off the season for the nigeria national team but maybe she has considered else wise. This was a management decision , but maybe she feels she can do better this season. No way she makes this team ..possibly a trade somewhere for next yrs 2nd rounder from Seattle? They need a PF Laughing

PostPosted: 04/18/18 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas could save face if Akhator "took the year off." Sounds better than cutting the No. 3 overall pick ...

PostPosted: 04/18/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rQY0vgvUB8U" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 22 of 41

Jump to: