RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bottom four teams,Who's not making the Playoffs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's not making the Playoffs?
Indiana
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Washington
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
New York
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Chicago
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Las Vegas
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Seattle
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Atlanta
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Dallas
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Connecticut
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Phoenix
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Los Angeles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Minnesota
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:16 am    ::: Bottom four teams,Who's not making the Playoffs? Reply Reply with quote

Who's out?

My Picks:

Indiana
Chicago
Las Vegas
New york

Shades

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m really high on Wilson, and LVA made a couple key acquisitions that may work for them. I’m not sure if they’re a lottery team this year. They probably are but making the playoffs could be close for them if they gel quickly.

Looking at CHI roster, I’m not sure what’s going on. They need a couple of their dime store posts to really step up, and the rest have have to mesh together somehow. They could be a surprise or they could be a disaster. Leaning towards disaster. Lobo gave CHI the highest draft rating, even though the pieces don’t really fit and I’ve never heard of their third round pick. Just think, Lobo, this team could have had Stevens.

Washington looks pretty meh to me. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them at least flirting with the lottery.

I think ATL could surprise. I’m hoping for disaster from SEA but they’re looking better this year. Dallas should be much better. PHX looks tough if everybody is 100%. MIN, who knows? CON, another who knows. But neither are anywhere near flirting with the lottery.

Except for their third round pick, the Liberty got good value in the draft, but will that be enough to offset whatever effect the venue and coaching change has on them? They’re a bit of a wild card for me.

Sparks are the team to beat. It disturbs me that Vadeeva was so excited to be drafted to the Sparks and nobody thought to prevent it. Maybe a little collusion going on here? “Ve vill not play for you, Tim Tibow”. “Take ve hike, Poker”.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/13/18 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana
Las Vegas
hate to say it, but Chicago

Can't think of a 4th, will probably be some team whose best player gets injured for a big chunk of the season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana
Las Vegas
Seattle
Chicago

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEA has 23% so far? I hope you guys are right.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy and Chicago are the easy picks. After that, a lot of 'what ifs'.

- Amanda Gorman
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah Seattle. For some reason I thought they drafted Stevens instead of Canada. Agreed with WNBA09's list then.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Under normal circumstances.Losing your second best player would be a huge blow to a WNBA basketball team.However,because EDD/EM aren't the greatest fit,the Mystics could end up with a better record playing a more conventional lineup.When EDD/EM are both on the court,guarding the SF or Center position becomes problematic.The Mystics record last season was Night & Day without Emma.10-13 w/Emma vs 8-3 without.

Despite Seattle's lack of height,and questionable decision making,I expect them to be better than they were last season.They added much-needed depth(Howard,Canada,Paris)...They just need to add a 5th post with some size(Russell?..If she gets cut) and a wing with size.

I had Chicago making the playoffs prior to the draft.Unfortunately Rolling Eyes

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as one of the bottom 4 is Seattle i'll be happy.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Under normal circumstances.Losing your second best player would be a huge blow to a WNBA basketball team.However,because EDD/EM aren't the greatest fit,the Mystics could end up with a better record playing a more conventional lineup.When EDD/EM are both on the court,guarding the SF or Center position becomes problematic.The Mystics record last season was Night & Day without Emma.10-13 w/Emma vs 8-3 without.

Despite Seattle's lack of height,and questionable decision making,I expect them to be better than they were last season.They added much-needed depth(Howard,Canada,Paris)...They just need to add a 5th post with some size(Russell?..If she gets cut) and a wing with size.

I had Chicago making the playoffs prior to the draft.Unfortunately Rolling Eyes

The record comparison is a bit misleading because EDD's and Hill's injuries happened soon after Emma came back from EuroBasket. So for a chunk of the season it was just Emma and Toliver holding it down, which is a bottom-3 worthy top 2 player combination.

EDD has taken worse squads than this year's Mystics into playoffs. If anything this season is exactly the situation she's always thrived in. Not worried in the slightest, as long as she stays reasonably healthy.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SEA has 23% so far? I hope you guys are right.

Co-sign.

I do feel better about this happening after the draft, though. I think other teams helped themselves for next season more than Seattle did.

Ever since Richyyy noted the possibility I have been having such wonderful dreams of a little lotto luck, an early declaration, and replacing Whalen with Ionescu.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chicago sky tankwagon 2018

toad455

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle
New York
Indiana
Chicago

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
As long as one of the bottom 4 is Seattle i'll be happy.

Im sure Cheryl Reeve will be also . Poor Seattle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I have been having such wonderful dreams of a little lotto luck, an early declaration, and replacing Whalen with Ionescu.

Ionescu is excellent, but I don’t see her as the early declaring and not getting her degree type.... unless she’s like Anriel Howard and wraps up her degree in three years.

To me right now, nothing can top the vision of Teaira McCowan learning from Sylvia Fowles. Ohmigawd ohmigawd ohmigawd. Hey whoever has #1, you go ahead and take Kalani Brown. I want McCowan. No phone calls will be accepted.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Locks(assuming all are healthy for the most part):
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Atlanta
New York
Connecticut
Phoenix
Dallas

Bubble:
Washington
Seattle
Las Vegas (just refuse to believe a Laimbeer led team is a lock for the lottery regardless of the talent)

Clear lottery teams:
Chicago
Indiana

From a roster standpoint I guess Las Vegas and Washington are my lottery picks. Confused

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
I have been having such wonderful dreams of a little lotto luck, an early declaration, and replacing Whalen with Ionescu.

Ionescu is excellent, but I don’t see her as the early declaring and not getting her degree type.... unless she’s like Anriel Howard and wraps up her degree in three years.

To me right now, nothing can top the vision of Teaira McCowan learning from Sylvia Fowles. Ohmigawd ohmigawd ohmigawd. Hey whoever has #1, you go ahead and take Kalani Brown. I want McCowan. No phone calls will be accepted.

Hopefully Seattle finishes middle of the pack . Laughing

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sparks are the team to beat. It disturbs me that Vadeeva was so excited to be drafted to the Sparks and nobody thought to prevent it. Maybe a little collusion going on here? “Ve vill not play for you, Tim Tibow”. “Take ve hike, Poker”.

I'm not surprised the Euros want to come Los Angeles. The lifestyle here is pretty amazing, if you can afford it. Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 04/13/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York ain't a lock for the playoffs. They only added Nurse, Russell and some scraps. Russell replaces Raincock, Nurse (likely) replaces R. Allen and possibly Gray replaces Zahui B.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I'm selling Chicago short:

*Arguably the best PG in the league.
*Two top 20 scorers(Quigley/Dolson)
*Faulkner making her return
*The additions of DD/GW/AC

Passing on Stevens could come back to bite Chicago.But that's not gonna stop Gabby from being the athletic,high enery,high IQ,super roleplayer that she's always been.And if Diamond can avg 13-15 pts with solid defense,I give chicago a legit shot at making the playoffs....Also,bringing Gabby of the bench would be the best move.If Stocks has any ideas of starting GW at PF,the Chicago Sky franchise will be doomed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Passing on Stevens could come back to bite Chicago.But that's not gonna stop Gabby from being the athletic,high enery,high IQ,super roleplayer that she's always been.And if Diamond can avg 13-15 pts with solid defense,I give chicago a legit shot at making the playoffs....Also,bringing Gabby of the bench would be the best move.If Stocks has any ideas of starting GW at PF,the Chicago Sky franchise will be doomed.

DING DING DING ! I wont argue with her though when they play my wings , Most posters are on the start gabby at PF train . All i do is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

DING DING DING ! I wont argue with her though when they play my wings , Most posters are on the start gabby at PF train . All i do is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry WNBA 09,I had to edit my post.I'm happy for Dallas...but I just feel so bad for the Chicago Sky fans.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Stop beating up on Gabby. Gotta stick up for her now since she’s a member. Mr. Green

zune69 wrote:
Sorry WNBA 09,I had to edit my post.I'm happy for Dallas...but I just feel so bad for the Chicago Sky fans.

Appreciate the sympathy, zune. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Hopefully Seattle finishes middle of the pack . Laughing

We want PPs!
Though you wanted PPs for Dallas like crazy last year, didn't get any, and still got Azura Stevens!

zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

zune69 wrote:

Appreciate the sympathy, zune. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: