Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Toliver/Cloud
Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough/Hill(until 100%)
Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
Delle Donne/Hawkins/Hines-Allen
KThomas/Sanders

Greenwell (deferred)

This is kinda yuck.

+1

PostPosted: 04/13/18 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really hate that our PG rotation is this limited. When will Toliver get to play off the ball? Will she at all?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Toliver/Cloud
Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
KThomas/Sanders

Greenwell (deferred)

This is kinda yuck.

I think it will be

Cloud
Toliver
Currie
EDD
Thomas as your day 1 starters.

PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Toliver/Cloud
Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
KThomas/Sanders

Greenwell (deferred)

This is kinda yuck.

I think it will be

Cloud
Toliver
Currie
EDD

TRP over Cloud imo

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Toliver/Cloud
Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
KThomas/Sanders

Greenwell (deferred)

This is kinda yuck.

I think it will be

Cloud
Toliver
Currie
EDD

TRP over Cloud imo

I Agree also , but Toliver was most effective last season playing off the ball. I think it will benefit washington more to have cloud start instead of TRP. They can bring Currie off the bench and insert TRP to resolve .

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault could have drafted Lexie Brown, so it doesn’t look like he sees his PG situation as a problem.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Toliver/Cloud
Currie/Ruffin-Pratt
KThomas/Sanders

Greenwell (deferred)

This is kinda yuck.

I think it will be

Cloud
Toliver
Currie
EDD

TRP over Cloud imo

I Agree also , but Toliver was most effective last season playing off the ball. I think it will benefit washington more to have cloud start instead of TRP. They can bring Currie off the bench and insert TRP to resolve .

But then who runs our 2nd unit? I don't trust either of TRP/Hill to be the primary ball-handler...

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/13/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Thibault could have drafted Lexie Brown, so it doesn’t look like he sees his PG situation as a problem.

Or Kia Nurse, who would be a great fit for what we're trying to do and while a bit of a reach, well he reached for Atkins anyways so there's no difference there Very Happy

zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Addition by subtraction...Last season:10-13 with Emma...8-3 without...Washington playing a more conventional lineup will increase their win total.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/13/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Addition by subtraction...Last season:10-13 with Emma...8-3 without...Washington playing a more conventional lineup will increase their win total.

What was the record with Emma + EDD?

basketballologist

PostPosted: 04/13/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depth Chart:

PG:
1. Kristi Toliver
2. Natasha Cloud
3. Rebecca Greenwell

SG:
1. Tayler Hill
2. Ariel Atkins
3. Allison Hightower

SF:
1. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt
2. Monique Currie
3. Shatori Walker-Kimbrough
4. Asia Taylor

PF:
1. Elena Delle Donne
2. Myisha Hines-Allen
3. Devereaux Peters

C:
1. Krystal Thomas
2. Tianna Hawkins
3. LaToya Sanders
N/A: Emma Meeseeman

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greenwell is not really a PG, especially at the W level and she's NA this year anyway
Atkins and SWK are very similar and probably both better suited to SG than SF but perhaps could play SF against smaller teams

Therefore massive jam at SG

Asia Taylor is a tweener so unclear position. Ditto Hines Allen. I think there were much more auspicious places for Hines Allen to land.

Maybe Sanders can be used at the C but not really Hawkins...so one true C in Krystal Thomas.

Not sure if they can carry 12 besides Hill, then activate her mid season or not.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 04/13/18 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
basketballologist

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Greenwell is not really a PG, especially at the W level and she's NA this year anyway
Atkins and SWK are very similar and probably both better suited to SG than SF but perhaps could play SF against smaller teams

Therefore massive jam at SG

Asia Taylor is a tweener so unclear position. Ditto Hines Allen. I think there were much more auspicious places for Hines Allen to land.

Maybe Sanders can be used at the C but not really Hawkins...so one true C in Krystal Thomas.

Why is Greenwell going to be N/A?

zune69

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

What was the record with Emma + EDD?

6-9 with EDD & Emma

14-11 w/EDD...4-5 without

10-8 w/Hill...8-8 without.

3-6 w/EDD.EM,and TH.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/13/18 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Her most recent surgery was yesterday, Thursday morning, on her right knee. It was the same day as the WNBA draft.

“I was expected to get picked 2nd or 3rd round, but it was getting down to the end - and my name still wasn’t called, so I was starting to get a little nervous but then I saw my name pop up with the Washington Mystics in the 3rd round so that was huge relieve,” Greenwell recalled.

First the surgery, then the draft. Now, nine months of recovery and building up her strength to keep that spot in the pros.

http://www.wect.com/story/37954898/owensboro-native-becca-greenwell-drafted-into-wnba

- Amanda Gorman
basketballologist

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Quote:
Her most recent surgery was yesterday, Thursday morning, on her right knee. It was the same day as the WNBA draft.

“I was expected to get picked 2nd or 3rd round, but it was getting down to the end - and my name still wasn’t called, so I was starting to get a little nervous but then I saw my name pop up with the Washington Mystics in the 3rd round so that was huge relieve,” Greenwell recalled.

First the surgery, then the draft. Now, nine months of recovery and building up her strength to keep that spot in the pros.

http://www.wect.com/story/37954898/owensboro-native-becca-greenwell-drafted-into-wnba

Ok thanks

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/18/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

from the other thread:

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
pilight wrote:
Tinara Moore and Tanaya Atkinson to the Mystics

What are the chances 1 or 2 of Myisha Hines-Allen, AJ Alix, Tinara Moore or Tanaya Atkinson make the Mystics roster coming out training camp ?

Pretty slim, considering there are already 14 names in this group:
Toliver/Cloud/Hightower
Hill/Atkins/Walker-Kimbrough
Ruffin-Pratt/Currie/Taylor
Delle Donne/Hawkins/Peters
Thomas/Sanders

I think Hines-Allen has an excellent chance, so I'd guess both Taylor and Peters could possibly go. As much as I like T. Moore, her chances are pretty remote. So if they keep 7 SF thru Post positions...
Which 5 guards stay are a bit of a coin toss. Can Hightower return to pre injury form? It's been a couple of years so I'm guessing she will have to show something special in preseason to stay. Cloud has never much impressed but she is big and has a good A/TO and Mike seems to like her...so it seems like AJ would have to show a lot to displace her as the backup PG. Theoretically Cloud can play multiple positions but since she can't shoot, that's not a reality. This is SWK's second year so she too will need to show improvement. What's the story with Hill? Will she be available to start the season? Even if she's 'ready' I would suspect she won't be 100%. So with all the questions at SG, I guess that's why he's got so many guards coming to camp.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/18/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was actually pleased with Cloud's shooting this past season .

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

31-23-74 is not good anywhere. Or do you mean you were pleased because you're not a Mystics fan?

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

31-23-74 is not good anywhere. Or do you mean you were pleased because you're not a Mystics fan?

Cool

PostPosted: 04/18/18 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

now that I look at this roster, they look like a lottery team to me...joining Chicago and Indiana as the bottom dwellers. Still haven't decided who the 4th will be.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/19/18 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
now that I look at this roster, they look like a lottery team to me...joining Chicago and Indiana as the bottom dwellers. Still haven't decided who the 4th will be.

EDD-Toliver-Hill (health?) is still a better top 3 then Wilson-McBride-Jefferson (health?). Also i think the Mystics have better role players Currie, TRP, Thomas, Hawkins etc.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/19/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Depth Chart:

PG:
1. Kristi Toliver
2. Natasha Cloud
3. Rebecca Greenwell

SG:
1. Tayler Hill
2. Ariel Atkins
3. Allison Hightower

SF:
1. Tierra Ruffin-Pratt
2. Monique Currie
3. Shatori Walker-Kimbrough
4. Asia Taylor

PF:
1. Elena Delle Donne
2. Myisha Hines-Allen
3. Devereaux Peters

C:
1. Krystal Thomas
2. Tianna Hawkins
3. LaToya Sanders
N/A: Emma Meeseeman

My starting lineup:

PG: Toliver
SG: Currie
SF: TRP
PF: EDD
C: Thomas

Coach Thibault is very defense-minded and likes Cloud's defense a lot. She'll be a great anchor for the second team. With this starting bunch, we've got 2 defensive liabilities in Toliver and EDD and 3 solid D players in Currie, TRP and Thomas. Also, both Currie and TRP are solid rebounders.

Currie is interesting since she used to be known as all offense/no defense and also was not known for her 3 pt shooting. She has re-made herself to extend her career after her 2nd ACL tear signalled she'd never return to previous offensive explosiveness. She's remained in the league for her 3 pt shooting, defense and rebounding, along with decision-making in crunch time. She can be the one to inbound the ball with the game on the line, leaving the PG on the floor. That right there can make the difference between a win or loss in a game that goes to the wire. Other than height, Currie is playing the PF on defense, moving opponents out of the paint with her body and keeping them out to get the rebound. EDD can defend off the ball and swoop in for a block or gather the rebound after Currie, TRP & Thomas have cleared the lane. Since Currie can guard both wings and post players (except for the height difference with much taller posts), Currie has a lot of value on defense.

When Cloud comes in, Toliver can switch to SG or get a breather, then come back in as Cloud continues running point. If Toliver stays in, Currie can switch to SF. Back ups for SG & SF are SWK, Atkins, Hightower, with the order depending on how they show out in practice. SWK in particular will benefit from going up against Mo Currie in practice as her game minutes will go up if she can play SF - especially after Tayler Hill returns. SWK has to get stronger and tougher as well as hit the outside shot in order to get minutes. Atkins, IMHO, has the upper edge in toughness already so SWK's work is cut out for her.

FYI, my analysis of Mo Currie is based on her being my favorite player all time, while also being fully aware of her weaknesses. I am proud of her for finding a way to stay in the game after her explosiveness was gone.[/b]

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/19/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

My starting lineup:

PG: Toliver
SG: Currie
SF: TRP
PF: EDD
C: Thomas

RAF I kinda like this lineup, though I think when Hill is really healthy she will be the starter. At which point I would start Currie at the SF (even though she's getting toward the end of her career) instead of TRP. TRP to me has always been a decent backup but not really a starter. The only reason not to do that might be that Mo is a better scorer so can come in with the 'second' squad to be a scorer...especially since Cloud is not a scorer so it could offset that issue.

- Amanda Gorman
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/19/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG Toliver
SG Atkins
SF Currie
PF Delle Donne
C Thomas

Also, I have a feeling coming out of training camp AJ Alix will make the Mystics roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: