RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Diggins/Goodwin
Gray/Davis
Christmas/Powers
Johnson/Stevens/Thornton
Cambage/Akhator/Plaisance(until 100%)



I think they may have messed up by signing Plaisance early instead of when she’s ready to play. Now if they don’t full season suspend her, they have to start with 11, no different than WAS with Hill and IND with Johnson.


I believe shaqahtor will not be present this season. Nigerian NT commitments correct me.if jm wrong.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6814



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
24+ wins,top 4 seed,Title contender,no excuses.


24+ wins is a lot and has always resulted in at least a top 3 seed and usually better:

2017 - Minnesota, LA
2016 - Minnesota, LA
2015 - no one
2014 - Phoenix, Minnesota
2013 - Minnesota, LA, Chicago
2012 - Minnesota, LA, Connecticut
2011 - Minnesota
2010 - Seattle
2009 - no one
2008 - San Antonio
2007 - Detroit
2006 - Los Angeles, Connecticut
2005 - Sacramento, Connecticut
2004 - LA
2003 - LA, Detroit


Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1159



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im excite to see Dallas in 2018


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've got

Diggins/Goodwin/Chong
Gray/Davis
Christmas/Powers
Johnson/Stevens/Thorton
Cambage/Plaisance

With GloJo and Azura playing some minutes at the 5 until Plaisance is ready.

And if it looks like Plaisance can't go this season at all Butler.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
24+ wins,top 4 seed,Title contender,no excuses.


24+ wins is a lot and has always resulted in at least a top 3 seed and usually better:

2017 - Minnesota, LA
2016 - Minnesota, LA
2015 - no one
2014 - Phoenix, Minnesota
2013 - Minnesota, LA, Chicago
2012 - Minnesota, LA, Connecticut
2011 - Minnesota
2010 - Seattle
2009 - no one
2008 - San Antonio
2007 - Detroit
2006 - Los Angeles, Connecticut
2005 - Sacramento, Connecticut
2004 - LA
2003 - LA, Detroit



In 2015 five teams won 20+ gms.The Liberty won 22 & 21 gms each of the last two seasons.Minn/LA have both won 26+ gms each of the last two seasons.24 wins is very doable IMO...But okay,i'll cut Dallas some slack.....22-12...go 22-12....and finish win a top 4 seed.

In the last 7 seasons,27 teams have won 20+ gms.That's an average of nearly 4 per season.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18790



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Im excite to see Dallas in 2018

x2

They should be aiming for a top 4 spot with that roster



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49391



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I've got

Diggins/Goodwin/Chong
Gray/Davis
Christmas/Powers
Johnson/Stevens/Thorton
Cambage/Plaisance

With GloJo and Azura playing some minutes at the 5 until Plaisance is ready.

And if it looks like Plaisance can't go this season at all Butler.


Are you trying get banished to the basement? You are not to disrespect Miller’s authorite’. You’re basically favoring Chong (no longer needed) over Shaq. She actually might come in useful unless she’s missing a lot of time.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised to see all this Dallas love and quotes of how we will be a Top team in the league . I stated those words once and got my head chewed off and spit in a Mccoughtry Ice cream shop for being delusional Rolling Eyes #WFFL



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6814



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks had three all-stars last year [Parker, Ogwumike, Gray], Lynx had four [Augustus, Brunson, Fowles, Moore]. Dallas had one [Diggins-Smith] (Phoenix and Seattle had two) . If Dallas is going to challenge for the title, they could use a few more all-stars. Who makes the all-star team this year from Dallas? Cambage would have to beat out Fowles and Griner to make it. Stevens will be a rookie who hasn't played full-time since the 2015-2016 season.




Last edited by tfan on 04/13/18 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49391



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Top team in the league


Zune tends to be overly exuberant. I just thought it was a great draft considering the low picks. The team still has to gel with three new players on it. On paper it should be a good team. Not sure why they’re fussing with Plaisance if her contract isn’t guaranteed.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Sparks had three all-stars last year [Parker, Ogwumike, Gray], Lynx had four [Augustus, Brunson, Fowles, Moore]. Dallas had one [Diggins-Smith] (Phoenix and Seattle had two) . If Dallas is going to challenge for the title, they could use a few more all-stars. Who makes the all-star team this year from Dallas? Cambage would have to beat out Fowles and Griner to make it. Stevens will be a rookie who hasn't played full-time since the 2015-2016 season.



Diggins,Cambage,Johnson are the obvious candidates.The more games Dallas win,the more All-Stars they will get.Diggins will be an All-Star.Glory is a 2x All-Star.Cambage is one of the top 4 centers in the world...That being said.Every player who plays like an all-star doesn't necessarily make the all-star team.


Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Top team in the league


Zune tends to be overly exuberant. I just thought it was a great draft considering the low picks. The team still has to gel with three new players on it. On paper it should be a good team. Not sure why they’re fussing with Plaisance if her contract isn’t guaranteed.



Rolling Eyes...Why would you even attach my name to WNBA 09's comment?...over the last 3 seasons I've consistently stated that Dallas at full strength with a healthy Cambage has the talent to contend for a championship....and BTW,I said top 4 seed.




Last edited by zune69 on 04/13/18 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49391



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You originally said 24 wins until you tempered that a bit. 20 should be a good target.

I remember saying a couple years ago Cambage needed to be on this team for success because Paris was not starter for a championship team, and a Paris fan got really upset with me. Wink



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You originally said 24 wins until you tempered that a bit. 20 should be a good target.

I remember saying a couple years ago Cambage needed to be on this team for success because Paris was not starter for a championship team, and a Paris fan got really upset with me. Wink


No,you said Paris wasn't a rotation player,and that Dallas would not make the playoffs with Courtney as the starting center.That's what pissed me off.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Top team in the league


Zune tends to be overly exuberant. I just thought it was a great draft considering the low picks. The team still has to gel with three new players on it. On paper it should be a good team. Not sure why they’re fussing with Plaisance if her contract isn’t guaranteed.


To be fair my statement was "A Top Team " not the "Top Team " Shades.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
basketballologist



Joined: 05 Aug 2013
Posts: 238



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depth Chart:

PG:
1. Skylar Diggins-Smith
2. Loryn Goodwin
3. Saniya Chong

SG:
1. Allisha Gray
2. Aerial Powers
3. Kaela Davis

SF:
1. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2. Azura Stevens
3. Kayla Thornton

PF:
1. Glory Johnson
2. Theresa Plaisance
3. Evelyn Akhator

C:
1. Elizabeth Cambage
2. Natalie Butler
3. Breanna Lewis


Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 245



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My entire family of 4, including two boys under 12 y/o were squealing with glee last night when we saw the 6th pick. I thought she was #2. So, happy they did not get Russell. As a tenn fan, I cannot endure another second of having to cheer for a team with her. Problem is I like the Storm, but I find myself cheering against them as if they were the Liberty with Bill at the helm now. Anyway, cannot wait for game 1 with a stop at uncle Julio’s after! Bring on the hot Waiter with the bubble butt! Woot!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49391



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodwin game footage reel
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/978751506529665030/vid/1280x720/1w-RnJP28ULNX-X7.mp4



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Goodwin game footage reel
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/978751506529665030/vid/1280x720/1w-RnJP28ULNX-X7.mp4


Impressive.
Aggressive, offensive and defensive


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the current roster of 15 players, 3 will not make the team.
1. Chong or Goodwin
2. Lewis or Butler
The last position will depend on Plaisance being suspended (injury) or on the active roster.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17638



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Depth Chart:

SF:
1. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2. Azura Stevens
3. Kayla Thornton


Haha!! Stevens' ain't no SF!!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Goodwin game footage reel
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/978751506529665030/vid/1280x720/1w-RnJP28ULNX-X7.mp4


Watching this i cant help but think a minny skylar diggins. Style of play and all ...shes going to be my favorite baby wing this season!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7574
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/13/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Depth Chart:

SF:
1. Karima Christmas-Kelly
2. Azura Stevens
3. Kayla Thornton


Haha!! Stevens' ain't no SF!!


She was at Duke...



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/18 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers and Stevens could start for half of the WNBA teams Laughing


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17638



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thought of having Cambage & Stevens on the court together is scary. Good luck to other teams.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/14/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I'm Dallas, I want Natalie Butler on the other team.

Powers has talent but is still a massive gunner. "No like to pass ball." The same for Xmas and Davis. Fred, Asst. Coach and Diggins will have to take charge to control these three and create a more inside out offense than last season.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 21 of 41

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin