RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Unwritten Rules

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18429



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 6:49 pm    ::: Unwritten Rules Reply Reply with quote

We don't have a set of written rules here that govern behaviour.
If we did though, they might go a little something like this:

1. Show some common decency to others.
We're a community, and we're discussing a sport that we all love. So show at least a basic level of decency to others in the community, and the people who play, coach, administer, referee, etc. the sport we are all here for.
(If this rule existed, it would rarely need enforcing, as this place is pretty good in this regard)

2. Don't throw personal insults at other posters.
If this was a rule then people would occasionally need to be reminded of it, as it seems some people can't disagree without taking it to a personal level.

3. Disagreements are not a bad thing.
This place runs on perceptions and opinions, not just plain facts. Everyone is welcome to an opinion, even if it is unpopular, as long as they can express it without contravening the other hypothetical rules. I'm yet to see anyone who is right all the time. Being in disagreement with other posters, with a journalist, with a coach, with a referee, with a GM, with the president of the WNBA, with the Dalai Lama, does not invalidate your opinion. It'd be pretty boring if there was only one right opinion to have about a subject.

4. Don't be a dick.
If you can't state an opinion without taking little [not nearly as subliminal as you think you are being] jabs at other people, then it's best for everyone that you leave that opinion unstated.

5. The health of the forum is more important than any one individual.
If there were written rules, that is why they would exist.


The above is just my brief take on things at this moment in time, but it's probably worth noting because my tolerance levels for bullshit are lowering in light of the recent squabbling.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee


Last edited by Luuuc on 06/01/18 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6623
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 6:52 pm    ::: Re: Unwritten Rules Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
We don't have a set of written rules here that govern behaviour.
If we did though, they might go a little something like this:

1. Show some common decency to others.
We're a community, and we're discussing a sport that we all love. So show at least a basic level of decency to others in the community, and the people who play, coach, administer, referee, etc. the sport we are all here for.
(If this rule existed, it would rarely need enforcing, as this place is pretty good in this regard)

2. Don't throw personal insults at other posters.
If this was a rule then people would occasionally need to be reminded of it, as it seems some people can't disagree without taking it to a personal level.

3. Disagreements are not a bad thing.
This place runs on perceptions and opinions, not just plain facts. Everyone is welcome to an opinion, even if it is unpopular, as long as they can express it without contravening the other hypothetical rules. I'm yet to see anyone who is right all the time. Being in disagreement with other posters, with a journalist, with a coach, with a referee, with a GM, with the president of the WNBA, with the Dalai Lama, does not invalidate your opinion. It'd be pretty boring if there was only one right opinion to have about a subject.

4. Don't be a dick.
If you can't state an opinion without taking little [not nearly as subliminal as you think you are being] jabs at other people, then it's best for everyone that you leave that opinion unstated.

5. The health of the forum is more important than any one individual.
If there were written rules, that is why they would exist.


This should be the Golden Rule ! Nice outline Luuc



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56688
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why don't we have written rules?



_________________
Accept certain inalienable truths:
prices will rise
politicians will philander
you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10493
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why don't we have written rules?


Don't be a dick!

j/k



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19601



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why don't we have written rules?


Why can't we just keep telepathically implanting them into you guys like we always have?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56688
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
Why don't we have written rules?


Why can't we just keep telepathically implanting them into you guys like we always have?


It doesn't seem to be working. This same problem keeps cropping up. Do I need to resend the draft of potential written rules I sent the last time this debate came up?



_________________
Accept certain inalienable truths:
prices will rise
politicians will philander
you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19601



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
Why don't we have written rules?


Why can't we just keep telepathically implanting them into you guys like we always have?


It doesn't seem to be working. This same problem keeps cropping up. Do I need to resend the draft of potential written rules I sent the last time this debate came up?


No. You've won me over.

Luuuc, why can't you just put something down in writing, mate? Nobody's getting all this bwalla-bwalla and gourd thumping from down under. Just WRITE IT DOWN already. We can't go on like this with nothing ever being put into words and sentences that people can actually read.

Is it a lack of writing instruments and stationary that bedevils you? What then?


sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 6050
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But doesn't this technically make them written?


jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19601



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
But doesn't this technically make them written?


Ring-a-Ding-Ding.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56688
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
But doesn't this technically make them written?


Well, no, it says right at the top we don't have written rules. This is the board rules version of OJ's "If I Did It".



_________________
Accept certain inalienable truths:
prices will rise
politicians will philander
you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18429



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plus, technically they were typed, not written.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
jammerbirdi



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 19601



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
But doesn't this technically make them written?


Well, no, it says right at the top we don't have written rules. This is the board rules version of OJ's "If I Did It".


You know I love you, pilight. But on those rare occasions when you show that you're as crazy as I am, I love you even more. Cool


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 6975
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/18 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
But doesn't this technically make them written?


Well, no, it says right at the top we don't have written rules. This is the board rules version of OJ's "If I Did It".

Okay, this cracked me up something serious. I laughed for a good minute. Today was a pretty stressful day for me and I needed that. Thank you! Laughing



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 7840



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/18 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somehow these rules remind me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GMkuPiIZ2k



_________________
The fault...lies not not in our stars but in ourselves that we are losers.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 22634



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
Why don't we have written rules?


Why can't we just keep telepathically implanting them into you guys like we always have?


It doesn't seem to be working. This same problem keeps cropping up. Do I need to resend the draft of potential written rules I sent the last time this debate came up?


No. You've won me over.

Luuuc, why can't you just put something down in writing, mate? Nobody's getting all this bwalla-bwalla and gourd thumping from down under. Just WRITE IT DOWN already. We can't go on like this with nothing ever being put into words and sentences that people can actually read.

Is it a lack of writing instruments and stationary that bedevils you? What then?


I was taught in school all those Aussies are fresh off the convict boats from England. What can you expect?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 457
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/12/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:


I was taught in school all those Aussies are fresh off the convict boats from England. What can you expect?


I guess the difference between the people who ended up in Australia and people who went to the USA was that those that ended up in Australia were the ones that were caught.


Force10rulz



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 1683
Location: Puget Sound


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/17/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I for glad we don’t have racist mascots and names. I can’t tell you how much I hate Washington r******s name. Having to battle against that name on Twitter just drains us as Indigenous people. Kudos to the WNBA for having class. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼



_________________
Seattle Storm 2004-2010 Champions
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin