No, she's been done for a while now
85%
 85%  [ 18 ]
Maybe a training camp invite, at least
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/12/18 1:54 am    ::: Shoni 2018, the carpet ride over? Reply Reply with quote

Shoni has made very little effort in getting ready for the 2018 WNBA season, playing in independent tournaments every now and then. Seeing her play, she is nowhere near her 2014 shape and as independent ball custom, she doesn't play a lick of defense. I'm a Native American. I don't know if there was anybody on this board as excited for Shoni throughout her career as me..but not showing up last year, then falling in love this off season and again not putting much effort into it, logic says that we saw the last of her in 2016. I know sometimes I can be a beeotch on this board, especially when it comes to UConn-ND happenings, but if there's one thing I can provide some insight on is this.

I cried tears of joy when she won the All Star MVP in 2014..now this is another heartbreak of sorts, because when will we see another Shoni in the WNBA?

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's sad for a lot of reasons -- for her, for the Native American community, for the WNBA, for women's basketball as a whole.

But the fact that she didn't live up to our expectations doesn't mean she didn't live up to hers ...

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the prevalence of psychological issues in our society today, even moreso in some minority communities, I would hazard a guess that there maybe some psychological issue causing her to seemingly waste an opportunity.
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/12/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoni had her issues even at Louisville. I think she loved the thrill of showtime, but didn't have enough passion to make basketball her job. Maybe she doesn't want a job -- period! Does anybody know how Shoni did academically? Is hard work a concept she embraces in any part of her life?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: