RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League Pass 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think Space Race got it because he (or she ) won a trivia contest last year on Twitter during on the games on ESPN2,or something like that.

No; they wouldn't know my e-mail address/WNBA LiveAccess account.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's due to his unrivalled commitment to reverse-jinxing his team.

PostPosted: 04/08/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Hey, $2 is a carton of cigarettes, isn't it?

Thats what I paid for a carton when I was in the army ...$2.10 to be exact.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/08/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since I started this thread I must report that I got a very prompt response to my question (on a Sunday) saying I should have gotten the discount e-mail. This is the quickest response I have ever received from WNBA support to any question.

Thank you to Sports Junkie for posting his email and Sportsguru for posting L Arnold's name. Perhaps after 20 years the WNBA is becoming more responsive to, and appreciative of, its long time fans.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/08/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Since I started this thread I must report that I got a very prompt response to my question (on a Sunday) saying I should have gotten the discount e-mail. This is the quickest response I have ever received from WNBA support to any question.

Thank you to Sports Junkie for posting his email and Sportsguru for posting L Arnold's name. Perhaps after 20 years the WNBA is becoming more responsive to, and appreciative of, its long time fans.

I got that email as well but did he say that when it auto renews it will renew at 11.99?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/08/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I got that email as well but did he say that when it auto renews it will renew at 11.99?

This is the salient part of the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting support

You should have received an email offering the discount as a renewing customer. Please check your email on file "

I had already sent a reply to clarify that very point, but based upon the wording I believe it should apply to all auto-renewing customers. I will post a reply when I get one.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/09/18 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

This is the salient part of the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting support

You should have received an email offering the discount as a renewing customer. Please check your email on file "

I had already sent a reply to clarify that very point, but based upon the wording I believe it should apply to all auto-renewing customers. I will post a reply when I get one.

Yeah i got the same text in my email. I replied that i didnt get that one and asked if the auto renew is at the discount

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! Very easy to renew my account.

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was what I got from them:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and alerting us to this issue, and we apologize for any miscommunication on our behalf. We not only value you as a League Pass subscriber but as a passionate fan of basketball and the WNBA. In light of this, we’d be happy to offer you the $5 discount off your annual League Pass subscription.

To help us avoid similar issues in the future, we ask that you please provide the name of the WNBA team in which you are a season ticket holder.

Thanks for being a loyal WNBA fan, and enjoy your discount.

Best regards,
WNBA League Pass Support"

Perhaps the discount was meant for STHs?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the reply to my email inquiring about the $5 discount. Text bolded by me.

Dear _____,

Thanks for reaching out to us and alerting us to this issue, and we apologize for any miscommunication on our behalf. We not only value you as a League Pass subscriber but as a passionate fan of basketball and the WNBA. In light of this, we’d be happy to offer you the $5 discount off your annual League Pass subscription.

To help us avoid similar issues in the future, we ask that you please provide the name of the WNBA team in which you are a season ticket holder.

Best regards,
WNBA League Pass Support[list=]:[/list]

"Season ticket holder"??

PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have received the same response. Since my initial email had made it clear that I was not an STH it seems they had a reason for the distinction but didn't spell it out. I guess they don't realize that some of us fans are passionate enough that we actually speak to one another about such things.

I for one have no problem with giving STHs a discount and having others pay more. If I were them I would have made clear that they were giving them the benefit as a result of that status. But I also believe that it would make sense to at least give some benefit to loyal fans who have stayed with the league, and I am curious as to how they will market the League Pass (whether they will provide discounts). As they show that they have no subscriptions available at this time, I doubt they will do any marketing during the draft (missed opportunity)

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/10/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
This was what I got from them:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and alerting us to this issue, and we apologize for any miscommunication on our behalf. We not only value you as a League Pass subscriber but as a passionate fan of basketball and the WNBA. In light of this, we’d be happy to offer you the $5 discount off your annual League Pass subscription.

Best regards,
WNBA League Pass Support"

Perhaps the discount was meant for STHs?

I receive the same email response from WNBA League Pass. I did mention in my initial email about being a longtime Mystics STH. There was an apology for the miscommunication on their behalf and it seems all who auto renewal will get the $5 discount.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/10/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice simultaneous, justin!

Well, whatever, LP is the best sports sub. even at $16.99.

See what happens and bitch if necessary.
Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are people on here really quibbling about an extra $3? Jeez. We are lucky we even have the ability to see most of the games with League Pass, and should be happy to support the league. I guess the same ones complaining about the $3 are the same ones that point out how bad the league is doing and will fold soon. I wonder why... Rolling Eyes

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Are people on here really quibbling about an extra $3? Jeez. We are lucky we even have the ability to see most of the games with League Pass, and should be happy to support the league. I guess the same ones complaining about the $3 are the same ones that point out how bad the league is doing and will fold soon. I wonder why... Rolling Eyes

Well if you go back to the beginning of this message thread you'll see the issue began when one poster received a email from WNBA League Pass (saying they're a loyal WNBA Fan and will get a $5 Discount) different then what the majority of the rest of us received from WNBA League Pass (nothing about being a loyal WNBA Fan and no mention of a $5 Discount).

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:

And I clip coupons for groceries, seldom buy anything that is not on sale, and always use "cash back" cards that I pay off entirely every month for everything I can. I also shop around for the best deal I can get on just about everything. It is financially stupid to not take advantage of discounts presented to you. Things add up, and $5 here and there easily turns into more money I can invest for my retirement.

But you do you.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:

Since I started this thread. let me explain. I am a big supporter of the WNBA and have been from the start but I have also been frustrated by the ineptitude of the League its regard to its web site and much of its marketing and fan interaction. When I got the notification that I was being auto-renewed I posted about it because they hadn't done it before. As I suspected others had gotten the same notice, but at least one person had gotten a different email that included a discount.

As a result I sent an email to the League inquiring about it. I noted that I was a long time fan that lived more than 400 miles away from any team (and therefore could be inferred to not be an STH) and that I would subscribe whether I got the discount or not. I got a very quick response ( which I posted about very positively, which seemed to indicate I would get the discount, but was not definitive. It did not mention STH status. And so I wrote back to clarify. My next response said I would get the discount but also asked for what team I was an STH. If the issue for me was the discount I would stop there, but it is not.

I have written back to explain that I am not an STH and that I would appreciate the discount but I will subscribe either way. Which brings me back to what has been my concern. League Pass is a good product at a good price. The initial issue of auto-renewal was a small one. It may have been mentioned last year when I signed up, but I don't remember. But the issue of a discount (even if the money is insignificant) does go to the value the league places on its fans. If the discount was intended for STH only it should have been shown that way, and the initial response to me should have stated that. I am left somewhat impressed by the speed of response to my questions, but unimpressed by their ability to understand the problem, as well as their ability to write the initial email and send it to the appropriate customers.

I am not complaining about $3 or $5. I am complaining about how fans are treated. Treating fans with respect isn't always easy, but it is one of the cheapest ways to keep a struggling business afloat. I don't believe the league will fold soon, but customer service is important to its long term success.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/11/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I received two quick replies to my emails yesterday, but the 3rd I sent has had no response from them:

"Do I understand correctly that the $5 discount applies only to season ticket holders, and not to League Pass subscribers?

Thanks,"

______

PostPosted: 04/16/18 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you guys know anything new about this issue?
cthskzfn, have you gotten any response to your last question?

At first I thought i didn't receive any e-mail. Now I found out that it fell into my spam box (the one without discount). Good to know that they want to charge me without my knowing about it:/ I am a subscriber since the beginning of league pass and obviously not a season ticket holder (location).

Is it enough when I just check off the box with opt-in for 2018 to make sure they don't charge me automatically? Anything I can do to get the 5 dollars off?

OtterlyAmused

PostPosted: 04/16/18 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to put a screenshot of my response from League Pass, but here's a cut and paste of my response. I also appreciate a coupon Very Happy , but they told me this is a promotion for certain season ticket holders.

"Subject: Re: WNBA League Pass Auto Renewal Discount Question
Reply-To: wnbaleaguepasssupport@nba.com
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting WNBA League Pass support and we appreciate your continued support of the WNBA and League Pass!

The promotion you are referring to is a benefit reserved for select WNBA Season Ticket Holders whose team provides a $5.00 discount on annual WNBA League Pass subscriptions.

If you are a season ticket holder for any WNBA team, please tell us which team you currently have season tickets for so we can further assist you.

If you’d like to become a Season Ticket Holder, please visit www.wnba.com/tickets for more information.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback regarding WNBA League Pass! We will be happy to forward along your comments and suggestions for future consideration.

Thank you,"
[/img]

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just tell them you’re a Lynx season ticket holder and let us know how that works for you. Maybe they won’t bother checking into it for $5.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 04/16/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I received the same "certain STH only" email this a.m. and have cancelled my subscription.

I'll wait and see what develops. Wink

PostPosted: 04/16/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Certain STH? Maybe limited to people who buy the expensive seats. Also sounds like it is up to the team to give the discount. Anyway, I'm just going to pay the full price and forget about it. It cheaper than going to a game and not much more than parking.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 04/17/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was one year that The Liberty gave a free code for all their STH's
The next year they gave a discount

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/17/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After responding to my first two emails in two days, it has been a week since I specified I wasn't a STH. It seems clear they screwed up when they offered a non-STH the discount. The only question is whether they honor the discount or, once they realized I wasn't an STH, they ceased to care.

I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: