Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/06/new-york-liberty-re-sign-tina-charles/

Quote:
It was only a matter of time. High Post Hoops was able to confirm Friday evening that the New York Liberty have re-signed 2012 WNBA MVP and eight-time All-WNBA selection Tina Charles.

So seems , "High Posts Hoops" were lying ? Shocked

They probably confirmed it the same way we did, through the transaction page.

Quote:
Teams need top-flight talent to win at the highest level. With Friday’s news, the Liberty now know for certain that their superstar isn’t going anywhere.

Yet chose to publish an article without the facts ? Seems pretty pre-mature , may be just me though , Oh well back to worrying LibFans.

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?

I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Yes if she is demanding a trade hopefully it would be to Vegas and NY's bottom line should be either the #1 pick this year and Vegas' first round pick next year or truly bottom line #1 this year and Jefferson. But I don't think this is happening.

Spooner, Charles has played 8 years. That’s 8 years that are gone and used up. How many years has Wilson got left?

I like Wilson if heaven forbid this speculation was accurate Wilson and something would be a decent return.

Yes Charles is a veteran now but a veteran who has been a WNBA MVP and has been the lone super star on a team that has been top 3 the last three seasons while being close to the top of the league in points and rebounds, Charles I believe has the most player of the weeks awards of anyone in the league, is a multiple first team WNBA player and an Olympian. Wilson might get near that but I will take the bird in the hand, unless that bird has demanded a trade in which case I'm all for Wilson.

What if the Trade is NOT to LV ?

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

There is no trade Exclamation

OK there might be but stop bringing me down.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

There is no trade Exclamation

OK there might be but stop bringing me down.

Sorry Spoon Laughing Embarassed It will all be understood in due time !

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone here believe that maybe Tina wants a Title and might be realizing NY's is not the place for that to happen ? Shes no spring chicken anymore , 8 Years in the league without even coming remotely close to winning a title has to be on her mind.

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anyone here believe that maybe Tina wants a Title and might be realizing NY's is not the place for that to happen ? Shes no spring chicken anymore , 8 Years in the league without even coming remotely close to winning a title has to be on her mind.

She's made demands before. And it worked. Guess they could trade her to LV for Bone, since they got her for Bone originally. Twisted Evil So ok, it also got Connecticut something useful in Alyssa Thomas...so how about Hamby?! If you thought Thomas and Bone for Tina was fair, then turnabout is fair too, eh? Wink

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She's made demands before. And it worked. Guess they could trade her to LV for Bone, since they got her for Bone originally. Twisted Evil So ok, it also got Connecticut something useful in Alyssa Thomas...so how about Hamby?! If you thought Thomas and Bone for Tina was fair, then turnabout is fair too, eh? Wink

Technically it was Charles for Bone, A. Thomas and the pick that became E. Williams but I realize you are joking.

I don't know how about Charles for Cambage and #6? Very Happy

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/10/18 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Technically it was Charles for Bone, A. Thomas and the pick that became E. Williams but I realize you are joking.

Bone, EWill, and A. Thomas have all legitimately made All-Star teams -- all by age 25. What more can you ask for? It was a fair trade of talent. The fact that CT gave up on EWill too early (or made bad use of the pick they received) and Miller couldn't coach Bone is not NY's fault. Razz

PostPosted: 04/10/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In terms of trading Tina, I'd be looking at Chicago. They need a PF, and they've got the #3 and #4 picks as well as Coates and Copper. You can probably come up with some combination that works. The Sky with Charles, Dolson, Sloot, and Quigley could be pretty formidable.

Edit: Did I actually type Dream instead of Sky? Shocked Embarassed

Last edited by root_thing on 04/10/18 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I don't know how about Charles for Cambage and #6? Very Happy

cambage is way too wishy washy. She may or may not decide she wants to play in Westchester...

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

let's wait and see what Tina does for this season first before deciding where else she'd like to play. I'm convinced someone at .com jumped the gun and she's re-signed(or about to).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It was a fair trade of talent.

Donovan is the true genius behind CON’s success.

root_thing wrote:
The fact that CT gave up on EWill too early (or made bad use of the pick they received) and Miller couldn't coach Bone is not NY's fault. Razz

Oh, you are so going to be banished to the basement. Criticism of Curt Miller is not tolerated here. You are to worship him as a deity even though he is a false god with many faults. So it is written. So it shall be done.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
let's wait and see what Tina does for this season first before deciding where else she'd like to play.

Let’s wait and see if Charles actually signs before deciding that she’s playing this season.

toad455 wrote:
I'm convinced someone at .com jumped the gun and she's re-signed(or about to).

Why would they jump the gun? It seems like on hold on something may have come up moment to me.

I suppose some bad coding could have caused the Charles entry to disappear. Somebody should enquire. Put High Post Hoops on the case since they put out a big story on the Charles signing.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib tweeted out this picture today. It's ironic enough as is, but will be even more so if Charles doesn't sign or demands a trade.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Charles #ShowUp?

Hey, if people hate the speculation, the organization shouldn’t be so sloppy.

They haven’t put out a news release about a signing since Feb 9.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what's the big deal. Tina is with Waldo and Carmen Sandiego.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stuff like this makes me believe Tina will be back with New York. But that photo today made me laugh and be angry at the same time. Women be treated equally, but shipping the Liberty off to a subpar arena that's difficult for fans to get to. Yep Dolan, you're really treating women equally.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kayla Alexander was one of the players at the Aces reveal party and ended up being traded the following week. Anything is possible Ijs , Liberty fans should know this more than anyone .

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Kayla Alexander was one of the players at the Aces reveal party and ended up being traded the following week. Anything is possible Ijs , Liberty fans should know this more than anyone .

The difference is Alexander was a backup player for San Antonio in 2017. Tina's the #1 player for Next York.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The difference is Alexander was a backup player for San Antonio in 2017. Tina's the #1 player for Next York.

Is that really a difference ? When a player is not signed more than halfway through the free agency period ? If anything thats even worse .

PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

6-6 Emily Potter of Utah looked like a potential star as a sophomore, but now she's not even in the draft discussion.

Huh. Some of the picks last year, were not mentioned at all around here, until the moment they were picked.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stuff like this makes me believe Tina will be back with New York. But that photo today made me laugh and be angry at the same time. Women be treated equally, but shipping the Liberty off to a subpar arena that's difficult for fans to get to. Yep Dolan, you're really treating women equally.

Can we expect women to be treated equally by Hideous Lord Jimmy, who continues to lie about sexual harassment at the Garden by his BFF Isiah and others?

PostPosted: 04/10/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
root_thing wrote:

6-6 Emily Potter of Utah looked like a potential star as a sophomore, but now she's not even in the draft discussion.

Huh. Some of the picks last year, were not mentioned at all around here, until the moment they were picked.

You're missing the point. As a sophomore, Potter was someone who looked like she could be a major talent -- a future 1st Round pick from a P5 school. Instead, she never developed (arguably regressed) despite being a starter her whole career. The point is that promising young players don't always fulfill their potential. I wasn't talking about small college athletes or low profile P5 players who get overlooked by fans. Potter is known, but no longer highly regarded. She still might get picked, but at this point it would be an afterthought.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, got it.
That said, Potter's per 30s look competitive with last years #3 pick Wink

What do you think the chances are, that the Libs can or would move up to get Vivians ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 38 of 90

Jump to: