RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the Transfers Begin! And other Attrition/injury 2018-19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chanette Hicks transferring from Virginia tech. She left the Hokies on February 7 to deal with personal issues. I believe she has a year of eligibility left.

http://techlunchpail.com/2018/04/10/chanette-hicks-transfer-virginia-tech/

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really liked Hicks a couple of years ago. I remember a game she really owned DeShields. Diamond ended up with 10 turnovers in the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Chanette Hicks transferring from Virginia tech. She left the Hokies on February 7 to deal with personal issues. I believe she has a year of eligibility left.

http://techlunchpail.com/2018/04/10/chanette-hicks-transfer-virginia-tech/

I knew this was coming. The Hokies played a lot better *after* she left the team. Whatever her "personal issue" was, it was apparently affecting the rest of the team. I wish her well wherever she goes.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8

Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.

Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!

Hearing Jackson may be headed to Mississippi st

PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t know if this has already been posted somewhere but

De'Janae Boykin Who went to Uconn, then transferred to Penn State is NOW transferring to West Virginia.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:
Jackson LSU leading scorer and Nubert for LSU granted release. Wow what’s really going on at LSU!! http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db/330682/content/HzBGeaY8

Have they already graduated and maybe are going somewhere else as grad transfers? That's a real trend these days.

Both Grand transfers!! Tatum has already sign with Colorado State! 3 transfers for LSU so far!!

wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Miss St will still be in position to be one of the top teams in the SEC

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:

wow Chloe Jackson is very talented, i think she has a chance to play at the next level and she knows it with this move. if true she is smart, and Miss st is smart because with Victoria Vivians gone she can slide right in to play with Teaira McCowan.

Especially with possibly A. Howard , does Espinoza have to sit out a year ?

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:

oh yeaa what the lastest news on Howard? she is a hot commodity right now lol i just saw on another message board site she is coming on an official visit this weekend to Storrs

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:

oh yeaa what the lastest news on Howard? she is a hot commodity right now lol i just saw on another message board site she is coming on an official visit this weekend to Storrs

Where have you seen this ? Ive heard things of South Carolina already being in contact with her and family also .

PostPosted: 04/11/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
icey23 wrote:

Where have you seen this ? Ive heard things of South Carolina already being in contact with her and family also .

UCONN message board Boneyard

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status/984157940394405893?s=21

Bianca Cuevas-Moore is transferring to West Virginia.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cuevas-Moore. Grad transfer to West. Virginia

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bianca Cuevas-Moore is grad-transferring from South Carolina to West Virginia

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
joetro

PostPosted: 04/11/18 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, isn't Cuevas-Moore a pretty big loss?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look like it was a race to who could post this first Laughing Laughing

Cuevas will be missed but Cooper will assume the position im pretty sure.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Wow, isn't Cuevas-Moore a pretty big loss?

Not at this point. You have a superior Tyasha Harris as the point guard position, (the West Virginia release is wrong, Cuevas-Moore wasn't the starting point guard); Bianca Jackson who is a younger/more athletic/more promising prospect coming back as a sophomore; Tea Cooper is an enigma but she's bigger/stronger and more athletic, will at least provide some talented depth; and the new/elite freshmen PG coming in, Destanni Henderson.

I think SC's backcourt is going to be fine next year - CM, she just would have provided more depth. She will help West Virginia, though.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/11/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/unmlobowbb/status/984172372671410176?s=21

6’3 F Nike McClure grad transfers to New Mexico from Washington State.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/11/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
EVERYBODY GETS A FREE TRANSFER FOR NEXT YEAR! SINCE NOTRE DAME' S BIBLE THUMPING ASSES GOT ONE. (not really. But should be)

Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5’6 G Destiny Perkins comes back home to Indiana, transferring to IUPUI from Akron (possibly due to the retirement of Akron’s HC?). Perkins, who’s from McCordsville, IN, will sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules. https://t.co/g4SCJP6HFo[/list]

PostPosted: 04/12/18 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Simmer down already. A lot of these currently being discussed are grad transfers and ARE freebies. That’s the way the rules are written. Some are not and most likely will sit out the required year even if their school petitions. Very few actually do get exceptions. I’m sorry you’re feeling aggrieved. Please have a cool beverage of your choice and chill.

I know what a grad transfer Is! I'm talking about..ones that have to sit out a year, you know, like everyone else does unless they have a life or death situation. And yes I have credible sources that Jess was just a pain in the arse and one of the orchestraters of the Yori exit. That's what makes this all the more messed up!

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promise Taylor will be a nice pick up for somebody. During her first year at Ole MESS she was selected to the SEC all-freshman team and at 6'5"proved to be a competent shot blocker and rebounder. She's originally from Western Washington.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/12/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Promise Taylor will be a nice pick up for somebody. During her first year at Ole MESS she was selected to the SEC all-freshman team and at 6'5"proved to be a competent shot blocker and rebounder. She's originally from Western Washington.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/12/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course we could eliminate a lot of this by simply allowing transfers to play immediately, just as we allow coaches and ADs to do their new jobs immediately.

As it is, those who can game the system can alter the timetable. One player, I'm pretty sure, claimed that she needed to play basketball or she would break down psychologically so it was a player safety issue that she be immediately eligible.

At the high school level, and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true at the college level, if the family is willing to lawyer up (or one of the parents is a lawyer), the organization looks at a potential $25,000 or more in legal fees, and decides to just roll over.

If you have the money and understand the way things work, you have a much better chance to have things turn out your way -- and as far as I'm concerned, there's no blame in using all of the legal tools at your command to try to get the outcome you want.

PostPosted: 04/12/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently Anneli Maley transferring out of Oregon, 6-2 freshman wing.

No indication whether she is staying in Australia or transferring.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/984259131405201408

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 6 of 37

Jump to: