RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/marlene-stollings-leaving-gophers-basketball-for-texas-tech-job/479181053/

Names to watch: Lindsay Whalen, Aaron Johnston, Niele Ivey, and Nikki Lowry-Dawkins.

Aaron Johnston or Niele Ivey would be huge gets for Minnesota, I would think. Whalen can be a great coach but I'd hope she gets some experience as an assistant first (once her playing days are done).

Does the U make a pitch to Cheryl Reeve?

p.s. I still think Stollings is a weirdo. She also has zero connections to west Texas...right?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/09/18 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Does the U make a pitch to Cheryl Reeve?

She publicly said she was open to a college job a few years ago, but now that she’s reached GM status, she is probably content.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
p.s. I still think Stollings is a weirdo. She also has zero connections to west Texas...right?

Anyone think that Minnesota might have strongly suggested that she take that offer? As in they were ready to move on from her and refused to match or give any assurances for the future?

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Anyone think that Minnesota might have strongly suggested that she take that offer? As in they were ready to move on from her and refused to match or give any assurances for the future?

I hope so, because that should mean the Gophers are looking to make a big hire, like all us fans want. But this is Minnesota, so I'm prepared to get disappointed.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

I hope so, because that should mean the Gophers are looking to make a big hire, like all us fans want. But this is Minnesota, so I'm prepared to get disappointed.

Who would be big to you, Whalen?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Big Whalen Spendinnnnn Cheeeeseeee Laughing

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

I've never had an opinion on anything in my life, because I know nothing and don't want to be mocked for being stupid. 😭
I don't even know how the game of basketball is played because I am too lazy to figure it out.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

I've never had an opinion on anything in my life, because I know nothing and don't want to be mocked for being stupid. 😭
I don't even know how the game of basketball is played because I am too lazy to figure it out.

If you don’t know what you want, how would you know if it’ll turn out to be a big signing.... by how other people react?

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/10/18 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UW-Green Bay has opening at DOBO, as Hannah Quilling-Iverson is new HC at UW-Stout

http://athletics.uwstout.edu/news/2018/4/9/hannah-quilling-iverson-to-lead-womens-basketball-program.aspx

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Don't get to excited. That is exactly what happened when TTU hired Curry from Purdue (they didn't exactly kick her out the door, but they definitely held it open for her and encourage her to walk through it). Then they made a bad hire and the program crashed.

Be careful what you wish for.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Don't get to excited. That is exactly what happened when TTU hired Curry from Purdue (they didn't exactly kick her out the door, but they definitely held it open for her and encourage her to walk through it). Then they made a bad hire and the program crashed.

In all fairness, that pretty much needed to happen with the academic scandal involving at least one member of the coaching staff. The program was going to be in trouble regardless.

joetro

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New BC coach, former Albany coach:

http://bceagles.com/news/2018/4/10/joanna-bernabei-mcnamee-named-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

No, she got a big payday. Why anyone would pay Stollings $800K/yr for 6 yrs, I have no clue. She seemed more lucky than good this year. Stollings must have an excellent agent.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/10/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
justintyme wrote:
PRballer wrote:

In all fairness, that pretty much needed to happen with the academic scandal involving at least one member of the coaching staff. The program was going to be in trouble regardless.

For sure. And Curry had no real allies in the athletic department.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/10/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WKU has hired two ACs

http://wkusports.com/news/2018/4/6/womens-basketball-bowen-promoted-to-assistant-coach-on-lady-topper-basketball-staff.aspx

http://wkusports.com/news/2018/4/10/womens-basketball-porter-talbert-joins-lady-topper-basketball-as-assistant-coach.aspx

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like Warlick....

..Will be staying put.

Quote:
Jimmy Hyams @JimmyHyams
Tennessee is working on extension for Lady Vols basketball coach
Holly Warlick, who has one year left on her contract. Look for an extension of 2-3 years. Agreement could be reached by the end of this week or early next week.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 04/10/18 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jacksonville promotes Darnell Haney to HC

http://judolphins.com/sports/wbkb/2017-18/releases/20180410muotxg

petrel

PostPosted: 04/11/18 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tom Garrick now HC at UMass-Lowell:

http://goriverhawks.com/news/2018/4/10/tom-garrick-tabbed-as-womens-basketball-head-coach.aspx

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/984106996608757760?s=20

Looks like Ivey is on the Gophers radar.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
http://www.startribune.com/marlene-stollings-leaving-gophers-basketball-for-texas-tech-job/479181053/

Names to watch: Lindsay Whalen, Aaron Johnston, Niele Ivey, and Nikki Lowry-Dawkins.

1. Ivey (Might help Gophers score important in-state recruit Bueckers)
2. Johnston (Recruits Minnesota better than Minnesota does)
3. Whalen (No coaching experience. Start as an assistant somewhere first. No indication that she even wants to coach)
4. Dawkins (Would be settling for the assistant. Wouldn’t reflect well on AD)

Is this for real, or is this just a wish list? I'm thinking the latter.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roman Tubner hired as AC at Indiana State (was at Austin Peay)

http://gosycamores.com/news/2018/4/11/roman-tubner-joins-sycamore-womens-basketball-staff.aspx

Shades

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

3. Whalen (No coaching experience. Start as an assistant somewhere first. No indication that she even wants to coach)

Is what for real, my opinion on these coaching prospects? Yes, it’s for real.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/11/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Then it's YOUR wish list and not the university's list. Thanks for clearing that up.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Then it's YOUR wish list and not the university's list. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not understanding your point here. These are some of the potential coaches the Gophers are considering and have been linked to. Shades just put out his opinion on each of them, ranking them in his preferred order. In other words it is both the University's list, AND his ranking of them. Not sure why it was confusing.

PostPosted: 04/11/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I'm not understanding your point here. These are some of the potential coaches the Gophers are considering and have been linked to. Shades just put out his opinion on each of them, ranking them in his preferred order. In other words it is both the University's list, AND his ranking of them. Not sure why it was confusing.

My question was whether it was the UNIVERSITY had actually put forth the names, whether they'd been gleaned from a message board similar to the Boneyard or The Summitt, or whether he had some actual inside info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 8 of 34

Jump to: