RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

With the #2 pick, the Fever select(w/Stevens option)....

View previous topic :: View next topic  

#2 pick is?
Azura Stevens
43%
 43%  [ 19 ]
Kelsey Mitchell
45%
 45%  [ 20 ]
Diamond DeShields
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Gabby Williams
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Victoria Vivians
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maria Vadeeva
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
other
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 44

toad455

PostPosted: 04/02/18 2:56 pm    ::: With the #2 pick, the Fever select(w/Stevens option).... Reply Reply with quote

Disregard the first poll. New poll with Stevens added.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a 45/45 split with Stevens and Mitchell so far.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 04/09/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d gamble on Williams, but that’s just me.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/09/18 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Mind Says Stevens But My Soul Speaks Mitchell Laughing

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A very tough call, as not one player on the list is anywhere close to a sure thing.

Stevens has the physical tools but if she can't work within a system -- which was the buzz coming out of UConn -- then she'll be an Amber Harris type.

Mitchell could be another Kelsey Plum.

Or the buzz out of UConn could be all wrong, and Mitchell's superior athleticism will make the Plum comparisons look stupid.

I went with Mitchell, but really it's a roll of the dice. Gabby Williams could turn out to be the best player -- or not.

(So much for the annual talk about a deep draft ...)

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
(So much for the annual talk about a deep draft ...)

What annual talk? Nobody has talked about a draft being deep since at least 2014. 2015 and 2017 were both terrible drafts and 2016 was just so-so.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's def. a deep draft and 2019 looks deeper.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics looking to trade for #2 pick?

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/10/2018-wnba-draft-trade-rumors-fever-mystics/

Quote:
Multiple WNBA talent evaluators said any Washington package would need to start with the Mystics’ own first round pick in the draft, seventh overall, along with wing Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, the kind of two-way player who’d fit with Chatman’s system in a similar way to Tamera Young back when Chatman built a perennial playoff contender in Chicago.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Jewell Loyd, but let’s get real. Whenever you have a non-generational type of guard as your #1 pick, it’s a bad draft year (and not a EuroLeague curse).

Amber Harris is a very nice person, but not very bright. So maybe “not being able to work within a system” is a fair knock on her. But the biggest knock on Harris is her work ethic. Being drafted with Maya, you could see the huge difference in work ethic from Day 1, and I suspect the difference in work ethic has only gotten more cavernous with time.

So it would be unfair to label Stevens as the Amber Harris type unless you know that she’s not especially bright (she was Duke educated and sounds fairly intelligent in interviews) and has a poor work ethic. Stevens did spend two years at UConn boot camp, and got one year of coming off the bench in return. Going to UConn to improve your chances for a pro career in sacrifice of getting a superior degree at Duke does seem ambitious as far as the basketball career goes. I’m gonna lean heavily on Stevens not being the Amber Harris type.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aw, someone fed Howard a crumb that he turned into a six-course banquet again. There are so many 'trade discussions' at this time of year. 98% of them are "if I gave you this platter of crap, could I have your pick?" Or maybe "What would it take to get your pick?" "A king's ransom" "*dial tone*".

Given the state of Indiana, I want two first round picks as the minimum starting point of any package, not a wing who can't shoot.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Aw, someone fed Howard a crumb that he turned into a six-course banquet again. There are so many 'trade discussions' at this time of year. 98% of them are "if I gave you this platter of crap, could I have your pick?" Or maybe "What would it take to get your pick?" "A king's ransom" "*dial tone*".

Given the state of Indiana, I want two first round picks as the minimum starting point of any package, not a wing who can't shoot.

yeah, considering it's Megdal, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. If it was Voepel or Feinberg I'd take it more seriously.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/10/2018-wnba-draft-trade-rumors-fever-mystics/

Quote:
Multiple WNBA talent evaluators said any Washington package would need to start with the Mystics’ own first round pick in the draft, seventh overall, along with wing Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, the kind of two-way player who’d fit with Chatman’s system in a similar way to Tamera Young back when Chatman built a perennial playoff contender in Chicago.

what does he want that #2 pick for? He already has two quality 4's so it's unlikely to be Azura. If it's someone else specific he should go for Chicago's pick. I can't believe it would just be lusting after Kelsey Mitchell.

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

what does he want that #2 pick for? He already has two quality 4's so it's unlikely to be Azura. If it's someone else specific he should go for Chicago's pick. I can't believe it would just be lusting after Kelsey Mitchell.

Agreed, a hail mary trade like this doesn't seem like Mike T's style...however, they will be missing Emma, and Hill's return sounds kinda' iffy...that's a lot of scoring to replace.

shontay33

PostPosted: 04/10/18 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

I would to. You know somewhat of the type of player you will be getting with her. I think she could play in any system but would be a great fit with the culture in Indy. To me, she would solidify that group that Pokey may have coming off the bench. With her versatility and athleticism she should be able to guard 1-4.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

I would to. You know somewhat of the type of player you will be getting with her. I think she could play in any system but would be a great fit with the culture in Indy. To me, she would solidify that group that Pokey may have coming off the bench. With her versatility and athleticism she should be able to guard 1-4.

When you've got the #2 pick, unless the top of the draft is a clusterfuck of 2005-ian proportions, you're usually looking for something more than someone to solidify your bench.

I could kinda see how Thibault might want Mitchell. He backed himself to build a decent defense even with EDD, Meesseman and random bits in the frontcourt (and did it). He'd probably back himself to build one even with Toliver and Mitchell in the backcourt. It'd be like a new young version of Latta.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

Agreed, a hail mary trade like this doesn't seem like Mike T's style...however, they will be missing Emma, and Hill's return sounds kinda' iffy...that's a lot of scoring to replace.

It actually does seem like his style to go for a bold trade. Whalen for Charles? That one probably wasn’t too risky, but how about this one: the first and second round picks in the 2011 Maya Moore draft for Kelsey Griffin? He was trying too hard to prove that he didn’t live for UConn players and it almost bit him in the butt. Connecticut missed the playoffs in 2010, but Minnesota blew the CON lottery pick on Amber Harris instead of Lavender, DRob, almost anybody else that year.

Even so, I think Megdal is full of it with this rumor and is just trying for views. The way he was hyping Mitchell was a bit over top. Higher ceiling than Wilson? Get out of here....

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

what does he want that #2 pick for?

Because in this scenario he is trying to get it for table scraps. Why wouldn't you move up to the lottery if you think you can do it for Tierra Freaking Ruffin-Pratt.

If Pokey even answers the phone, someone needs to put her in timeout.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Make it Meesseman instead of TRP and that’ll give Pokey something to think about. Every team is fairly loaded so these player + table scrap for a better player trades aren’t as useful as they may have been in the past.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah that's way too cheap to move up. January just got swapped for the # 8 pick = that's the market rate starting point.

I'd bet the Sky and the Fever have chatted about swapping the #2 for the #3, as in who gets the control seat for the pick, and who's the inducement for the swap. Something like : Pokey likes Faulkner enough to do the swap but still wants to know ahead of time who gets picked ... and that's not enough quite yet to pull the trigger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: