RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Posting while intoxicated or under the influence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you post while intoxicated or under the influence?
1=Never
61%
 61%  [ 30 ]
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
10=Always
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 49

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:06 pm    ::: Posting while intoxicated or under the influence Reply Reply with quote

On a scale of 10 -- Never being 1 and Always being 10 -- how often do you post here while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any chemical, including prescription medications, that alter your psychological state or mood?
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted 3, but I took a very liberal definition of "under the influence" as I counted the glass or two of wine I have with my nightly dinnner.

PostPosted: 04/09/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't drink alcohol. Not even beer or wine.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This question is also hilariously apropos for me at this moment as I am currently posting while ridiculously high on pain killers. Just had knee surgery this afternoon (MPFL reconstruction and microfracture). Soooo, yeah.

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I quit drinking in 1990

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have posted at times while being possessed by my inner-troll demon Twisted Evil

lvf08

PostPosted: 04/09/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't drink. I do take ambien every night so I will be online/posting after I take it/before I go to bed.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In reality, the LAST thing I would ever want to do really is get on Rebkell's when I've got a buzz. The two just don't go together for me. Rebkell's would be a buzz kill. I also have no faith in controlling what I say when I've been drinking because it continues to blow my mind all the things I DELETE from a post before I hit the 'submit' button when I'm sober. I don't know. The two just have never gone together for me. This is an escape, that's an escape. But they don't go together for me. I don't like to drink and watch important sports either. For years though, during the glorious emergence of Lob City, the Pine Bros, all of that, me and mrs jammer used to love to spend winter evenings with some really REALLY good but inexpensive wines watching Clippers games. Anyway, no real story here as far as I'm concerned. I can think of one moment. OTOH I know I sure as hell have dealt with some drunk hammerheads here over the years.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 04/09/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a drink about once a year, and when I do I'm not on the computer.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/09/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't drink very much, and I only rarely post here after taking pain meds for my back injury, but there are other sites/forums/Email groups with limited membership of friends where I do post after a drink or two, as do other members. I agree with jammer that RebKell isn't a website that seems to suggest alcohol, at least not to me.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/10/18 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I guess I'm going to be the only ones here to say that he has often posted after drinking.

I often enjoy drinking while watching games and will post afterwards. I'm pretty good at not getting too many spelling or grammatical errors when I post, so it isn't always so obvious.

Hey, at least I'm being honest here... Wink

I put it at 7 because there are many times when I post stone cold sober.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/10/18 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very rarely compared to other boards. Beer gets me too sleepy during the summer so I just pass out without doing anything Smile

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 04/10/18 6:54 am    ::: Lol... Reply Reply with quote

I take a sleeping pill.

I have learned NOT to be online when it hits.

Not only do I post strange things only I find hilarious, I also order things I don’t need. Like a case of ramen noodles.

I no longer sit at my PC or use my phone after I take my pills at night. I just zonk our in bed like I am supposed to.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does this mean I have to take a sobriety test before posting anything? Wink

PostPosted: 04/10/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to be the only ones here to say that he has often posted after drinking.

Okay. So after thinking about it a bit more... I mean... let's analyze this. First, I'm a dude who regrets a lot of things he has done and said whilst under the influence. I also remember everything, always. Never blacked out ever. In fact, it's almost as if alcohol helps burn things into my memory. So I am by far the best authority on what exactly I've done and all that. But let's stick a pin in that for a second.

When I drank, I would drink pretty much every night. Never a daytime drinker. Never really an evening drinker, except for, as I said, those years when we'd watch Clipper games and drink wine. But that was one little moment in time. My M.O. when it came to drinking, my entire life, was late night drinking. And actually not much. At the most, four beers. Often just three. Except after my friend died. Then I drank a lot of wine for about a year. And then I stopped dead in 2013 and other than some wine on maybe four occasions in the last four years, I don't drink.

Also, when I started on WNBA boards in 1998, I was already sober a year and didn't drink a drop for another 7 years. And for most of the time I've been on Rebkell's I was a either not in my nightly drinking pattern or just sober.

BUT... just doing the math. I was ALWAYS on Rebkell's or on the other boards prior so much of every day. So there's going to be some overlap of being under the influence and being on Rebkell's. That said, as I said in the first response, they don't really go together for me. Never ever a thing where, I've had a few drinks and HEY, let's go fuck with the people on Rebkell's. lol. The boards in this community have always been a lot of work. Sharpen the mind and senses and put together cogent thoughts or analysis and make sure you're not spelling too many words wrong or making grammatical horror etc.

Or, dealing with painful painful admin stuff. I would say Rebkell's CAUSED me to drink more. lol. Oh hell yeah. I would have gotten off this board many times and said, GET ME A DRINK! Not the other way around. Never had a drink and said, yeah, let's get on the board. But again, never saying never. I'm not dark when I'm drinking though. I'm real amiable and trying to instigate some fun or good times. Life's a party haha. Shit like that. Anyway.

So getting back to the top here. Had I posted stuff under the influence and done or said anything I would have regretted saying, I would remember it. And lord knows, I HAVE said shit here and presented myself in ways that I deeply regret. But I don't tie them in any way with drinking. Oh well.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am an unapologetic drinker and I would probably be with a drink in hand now if I could. But work, the gym and a non-drinking husband have me curtailing my drinking habits ... heavily.

I have however, enjoyed several drinks while perusing these boards and have occasionally posted, but it's been many years since I last did it.

Last edited by fancy_daniel on 04/10/18 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/10/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
In reality, the LAST thing I would ever want to do really is get on Rebkell's when I've got a buzz. The two just don't go together for me. Rebkell's would be a buzz kill. I also have no faith in controlling what I say when I've been drinking because it continues to blow my mind all the things I DELETE from a post before I hit the 'submit' button when I'm sober. I don't know. The two just have never gone together for me. This is an escape, that's an escape. But they don't go together for me. I don't like to drink and watch important sports either. For years though, during the glorious emergence of Lob City, the Pine Bros, all of that, me and mrs jammer used to love to spend winter evenings with some really REALLY good but inexpensive wines watching Clippers games. Anyway, no real story here as far as I'm concerned. I can think of one moment. OTOH I know I sure as hell have dealt with some drunk hammerheads here over the years.

I remember one time you posting years ago, saying hello to me and few other people in the subject. It was late west coast time so probably only those of us near the Pacific. I always thought that perhaps you had had a fair number of drinks then to make such a post. Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/13/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm close to a teetotaler and have never posted under the influence of alcohol. However, I do sometimes post under the influence of chocolate.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: