RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bullying on this site
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/04/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Well said Clay. Certain long time members here feel they have a certain seniority over others and feel entitled to certain privileges. No one gets paid to maintain and moderate these boards. Everyone is on the same playing level. So flipping out over someone for a (very) minor issue or response is immature beyond anything.

I must agree this is the real problem tbh .

PostPosted: 04/04/18 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

I don't give a damn or a flying fuck if if you or anybody else don't believe me or not because I don't post on here giving out information. I just state my opinions and takes and move on. You must have me confused with someone else. You also should be the last person on this board talking about wanting people keeping their sources anonymous. I was going to personally attack you like you did me, but I changed my mind.

I apologize if my inartful presentation offended you, but "you" in my post was not in any way shape or form directed at "YOU" Davis4632. It was sort of an open letter presenting my thoughts to the board in general. Personally responding to you never entered my mind. And it never crossed my mind that you would or could take it the way you evidently did. It was a follow-on to your post, not a personally directed retort.

(And frankly I think the tone of your response was entirely uncalled for, but I'll just put that aside for the time being. If that wasn't a "personal attack" by you, I have a hard time imagining what is. And I have no fucking clue what your anonymous source blast at me was about.)

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

I don't give a damn or a flying fuck if if you or anybody else don't believe me or not because I don't post on here giving out information. I just state my opinions and takes and move on. You must have me confused with someone else. You also should be the last person on this board talking about wanting people keeping their sources anonymous. I was going to personally attack you like you did me, but I changed my mind.

I apologize if my inartful presentation offended you, but "you" in my post was not in any way shape or form directed at "YOU" Davis4632. It was sort of an open letter presenting my thoughts to the board in general. Personally responding to you never entered my mind. And it never crossed my mind that you would or could take it the way you evidently did. It was a follow-on to your post, not a personally directed retort.

(And frankly I think the tone of your response was entirely uncalled for, but I'll just put that aside for the time being. If that wasn't a "personal attack" by you, I have a hard time imagining what is. And I have no fucking clue what your anonymous source blast at me was about.)

I like your first paragraph, Art. I was pretty sure you weren't directing your comment at Davis4632.

Swear all you want, people. But don't swear AT each other.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
But I certainly care if you act like an asshole to him and as a result I am denied his information, which I enjoy reading and will miss if he leaves.

This is the crux of it for me. One of the reasons I read through RebKell daily is to find out the inside info. dtsnms is one of my favorite posters and I love trying to figure out the hints he gives. Sure, they don't all turn out, though I am always surprised how he is right on the money. It would be a real shame if the few folks who consistently talk with the various teams were to be chased away by a couple of posters who need to grow up. That would really lower the usability of RebKell for me.

-Lisa

PostPosted: 04/04/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
But I certainly care if you act like an asshole to him and as a result I am denied his information, which I enjoy reading and will miss if he leaves.

This is the crux of it for me. One of the reasons I read through RebKell daily is to find out the inside info. dtsnms is one of my favorite posters and I love trying to figure out the hints he gives. Sure, they don't all turn out, though I am always surprised how he is right on the money. It would be a real shame if the few folks who consistently talk with the various teams were to be chased away by a couple of posters who need to grow up. That would really lower the usability of RebKell for me.

-Lisa

For instance, the day after dtsms posted that his sources weren't "all in" on Azura' at #2, the mock done by WNBA coaches and GMs has her at #4. Clearly dtsms was RIGHT ON THE MONEY and we here on RebKell heard it a day before anyone else.

Shades IS a stereotypical bully as portrayed on an "After School Special." Nothing creative, just a typical bludgeon. I would hate to lose dtsms due to a bully like Shades running loose with no consequences. That month long time out a while ago now did not lead to behavioral changes.

We used to have another bully who fortunately is longer posting here. I had the misfortune of being her favorite target. It is really, really hard to not fight back in kind. There is a point at which the bully must be recognized as such and treated like all bullies should be treated: take away something they care about. If Shades were no longer allowed to bully here, I feel sorry in advance for all the cashiers, fast food workers, innocent drivers etc in the world who would become the new targets, cuz BULLIES GONNA KEEP BULLYING for as long as they're allowed to.

BOTTOM LINE: KEEP DTSMS and put the kabosh on the bully. The bullying completely negates whatever positives he brings here. The +/- is a ginormous MINUS.

~rAf
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/04/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really didn't want it to have to come down to having to dish out bans just for petty little stuff - especially seeing that some of the biggest complainers would be some of the first to cop timeouts as a result - but it seems to be what the people want, and unfortunately it also seems to be necessary, so that's how it will have to be. Clearly we need an adjustment.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I really didn't want it to have to come down to having to dish out bans just for petty little stuff - especially seeing that some of the biggest complainers would be some of the first to cop timeouts as a result - but it seems to be what the people want, and unfortunately it also seems to be necessary, so that's how it will have to be. Clearly we need an adjustment.

_____ X

PostPosted: 04/04/18 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Make dtsms a mod Idea

Problem solved...

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I try to avoid conversations like this but what I will say is this

Every time I have gotten heated with another poster on this board I have regretted it. Even if I felt I was in the right. All of the times I have done this it was with posters who posts I enjoyed reading, and who I think offer a lot to the flavor of this board.

I had to make the decision that for my continued enjoyment of this board I was not going to let what others said bother me, or take it personally, even if it was personal. Every poster on this board has their own style, of course some of the other posters styles might rub you the wrong way, but that is reflection on the poster not who they are speaking to. What reflects on you is what you post.

Often when people respond negatively to someone's posts it just escalates the situation, and from the view of an outsider it becomes much more difficult to discern, who is innocent, who is a bully, and who is a victim.

This is a board to discuss women's basketball with passionate knowledge fans, most people come here because we enjoy it, and it is by far the best source of information and conversation about the WNBA. If you don't enjoy it of course you shouldn't come here, but you also shouldn't let someone else ruin it for you. Engage with the posters you enjoy, share your ideas, opinions and information about something you love with other liked minded people, ignore the posters or posts that make the experience irritating or painful, don't take it so seriously that you carry around anger or hatred.

Keep it about basketball, keep it fun, don't let others determine how you're going to feel.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^

That up there.

Genero36

PostPosted: 04/05/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I only have one thing to contribute to this conversation: people who bring up something you say on Message Board X, in order to drag you on Message Board Y, ain't shit.

Yep.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
We got some kettles and pots now. Cool

Some coated w/ Teflon, apparently.

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Gotta get my wok out and actually use it.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I would have pursued some of my interactions differently in my earlier years of posting here from '07 through '09. You get older, you realize what's more important. It is what it is, I guess. There's people I would try to make amends with if they still posted here. If anyone gets negative energy from posting here, that's regrettable. It's basketball, and it means a lot to many of us, but it isn't life and death either. As we all get older, hopefully we mature. Some of us will lose people who mean a lot to us. Some of us will get married, find relationships, have sons or have daughters. I'd just remind people to try to remember these things from time to time. This board has been an extremely important source of information in what is my favorite pursuit in life. But that doesn't mean there aren't more important things in life that can stand to make what happens here trivial, and that includes my own interactions.

Anyway, I enjoy the Liberty threads quite a bit these days. Not only do we have a pretty good number of posters, but the convo is high-quality and the people are too. Now if only we had a better idea of the team's direction.

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its direction is north. A long way north.

PostPosted: 04/10/18 6:48 am    ::: I Also Regret Angry Posts Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I have been bullied here. Mostly from someone long gone. But I have also overreacted to posts I felt were homophobic or sexist in ways that I regret. I don’t regret disagreeing, mind you, but I regret the way I did it.

The whole Internet is a pretty nasty place. I don’t like to contribute to that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: