RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jordan Classic ESPN3/Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willtalk

PostPosted: 04/07/18 8:56 pm    ::: Jordan Classic ESPN3/Watch Reply Reply with quote

ESPN Watch and ESPN 3 will cover the Jordan Classic Women's Game Sunday at 11:30 AM Pacific Standard Time. That would be 2:30 EST.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Girls team roster:

https://jordanbrandclassic.com/team/2018-girls-national-team/
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/08/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'm going to watch this game instead of doing my taxes. Whew . . . that was a tough decision.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/08/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a game, this was quite interesting. Each team went on gigantic runs throughout the game, with the end of the 4th quarter seesawing back and forth until the white team won in the last two seconds.

Many players showed out well. I don't know and can't predict who was the MVP. The box score may not show up until much later.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/08/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two MVP's were awarded.

Emily Engstler of St. Francis Prep (Fresh Meadows, N.Y.), a Syracuse commit, was named the MVP of the White squad with nine points, four rebounds and three assists. Shakira Austin, a Maryland signee, had 18 points and 14 rebounds to earn the Most Valuable Player award for the Black squad.

Elizabeth Massengill, a Tennessee commit, scored her team’s final four points to lead the White squad to an 89-88 win.
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 04/08/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Two MVP's were awarded.

Emily Engstler of St. Francis Prep (Fresh Meadows, N.Y.), a Syracuse commit, was named the MVP of the White squad with nine points, four rebounds and three assists. Shakira Austin, a Maryland signee, had 18 points and 14 rebounds to earn the Most Valuable Player award for the Black squad.

Elizabeth Massengill, a Tennessee commit, scored her team’s final four points to lead the White squad to an 89-88 win.

You think Massingill will do good as a freshman?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/08/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Two MVP's were awarded.

She looked good and was in the crunch time lineup. I also recall the announcers saying she had six assists.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/08/18 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Two MVP's were awarded.

She looked good and was in the crunch time lineup. I also recall the announcers saying she had six assists.

That would be *Jazmine* Massengill. Please do not confuse her with Elizabeth Balogun, a Georgia Tech commit. I think they may be classmates though.

PostPosted: 04/08/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Box score
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/09/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are a better man than me Glenn, I am too impatient to watch. Thanks for posting the box score.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: